• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/24 GDT Huddys at Kershaws

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long road trip for Bochy. I can see by his body language how disappointed he is. Being a Manager is not easy. He needs to be recharged before the playoffs start. He has done a great job with all of the injuries he has had to deal with.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never get used to seeing Wilson in Blue.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stick Wilson out there to close it out for the West. Dodgers sending some kind of message.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wish players would watch this. Understand it's tough to see but (Dodgers are the better team), they also let this happen. Almost half a season (June, July, final 2 weeks in Sep)

Time to get the WC tomorrow

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers win West 9-1 tonight and let the games begin

Dodgers won the West fair and square. Kershaw nasty again and finishes with 21 wins which should win him another CY Young Award.Giants have 4 games left to get this W.C. figured out and hopefully get another shot at the Dodgers down the line in the playoffs.

Hopefully Giants get some Champagne tomorrow. No need to hold heads down. The next part of the season starts soon.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get some positive mo rolling this weekend.

I really don't care where the Wild Card Game is played. Win that, get into the NLDS and ANYTHING can happen.

Go Giants!

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Well, After the hot start by the Giants and dominating the Dodgers early in the year. This is very satisfying. Hope They'll be a rematch in the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Well, After the hot start by the Giants and dominating the Dodgers early in the year. This is very satisfying. Hope They'll be a rematch in the playoffs.

Congrats. The Giants are insanely beat up right now, so I am not sure we have the bullets to be able to make it to the NLCS this year. We have no LFer and only 2 playoff-caliber SPs.

But, hey...

Getting in the tourney allows anyone to have a chance. We have the best in-game manager in the game today and one of, if not the best bully in the majors. Those two can go a long way in the playoffs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. The Giants are insanely beat up right now, so I am not sure we have the bullets to be able to make it to the NLCS this year. We have no LFer and only 2 playoff-caliber SPs.

But, hey...

Getting in the tourney allows anyone to have a chance. We have the best in-game manager in the game today and one of, if not the best bully in the majors. Those two can go a long way in the playoffs.

Well said.

I'd only add we don't really have a CF either, and no leadoff hitter.

It's weird, Krukow was harping on this, the fan base is very subdued about this 'run' to the playoffs. Most years you get excited as the playoffs begin and you're in them, but almost no one thinks it's worth getting too invested this year. :noidea:

I guess when you come in this beat up it's hard to get excited, because the team that won enough to get there isn't the team you are going to have to root for in the playoffs.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagan being out really hurt the Giants. He went out and the Giants did a free fall. He was sure a thorn in the Dodgers side. But Dodgers had plenty good players out too this season. But we deep as hell.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagan being out really hurt the Giants. He went out and the Giants did a free fall. He was sure a thorn in the Dodgers side. But Dodgers had plenty good players out too this season. But we deep as hell.

Easy to do when you have money to blow like a Kardashian at a lip-waxing salon

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to do when you have money to blow like a Kardashian at a lip-waxing salon

Yes, having the dough is fantastic. I hope they continue to spend whatever it takes.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, having the dough is fantastic. I hope they continue to spend whatever it takes.

As well you should, we'd do the same. But you'd also never stop ragging us if we were the drunken spending Yankees West and you weren't. It's been since 1988, might as well just throw money at it until you win one.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well you should, we'd do the same. But you'd also never stop ragging us if we were the drunken spending Yankees West and you weren't. It's been since 1988, might as well just throw money at it until you win one.

If there is no salary cap, then I have no issue with the Yankees. I applaud an ownership that does everything within it's means to bring the fans a winner. There is a game played on the field as well as a game played in the front offices. I despise frivolous spending (arguably the Dodgers have done that with the new ownership to win post McCourt era fans back), but Stan Kasten has said that he will not sign guys to obnoxious long term deals past the age of 36 as well as building the farm system.

Imagine how good the Dodgers will be spending 200+ mil in a responsible manner with an intact farm system? Can't wait.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We took a ton of money in trades that people said were idiotic. Hanley was supposed to be a cancer, Crawford was supposed to be garbage, Gonzo was supposed to be washed up. Now that the Dodgers are successful all of a sudden it's 'you bought your team', quite laughable really. Dee Gordon, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw are all homegrown by the way (and if you'd like to count Puig as 'grown' then he too could be added).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no salary cap, then I have no issue with the Yankees. I applaud an ownership that does everything within it's means to bring the fans a winner. There is a game played on the field as well as a game played in the front offices. I despise frivolous spending (arguably the Dodgers have done that with the new ownership to win post McCourt era fans back), but Stan Kasten has said that he will not sign guys to obnoxious long term deals past the age of 36 as well as building the farm system.

Imagine how good the Dodgers will be spending 200+ mil in a responsible manner with an intact farm system? Can't wait.

I agree re: the sal cap. If there is no cap, than anything goes. And for the record, I do not think a cap is possible in baseball. There are too many variables that do not exist in other sports (minors, international, etc).

I just hope the Giants FO matches (in a responsible manner, of course). If the FO sees Tomas as a legit power-threat in Left, I hope they do what needs to be done to get him in the fold. If they need to eat contract to get the guy they need at the deadline, I hope they are willing (they have shown that they are willing to do this). I hope they dump every penny that the scouts want into the minors and scouting departments. Every penny spent there is akin to $10 spent on a FA (if you trust your coaches and decision makers).

Basically, we have no reason to think this team has EVER taken the cheap route.

- Abreu was a bit of a disappointment, but we have Belt, and the PTBs do not seem to want to play him in Left, so maybe their interest was luke-warm, at best.

- It sucked that we lost out on Castillo, but it looks like we had the answer in-house with Panik.

- Choo? They have said they have no interest in sacrificing draft picks anymore (they learned their lesson in the Tucker-fiasco).

- Cruz? After Bonds, Santiago and Cabrera? Don't think so.

- They haven't traded for Stanton! Oh shut-up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took a ton of money in trades that people said were idiotic. Hanley was supposed to be a cancer, Crawford was supposed to be garbage, Gonzo was supposed to be washed up. Now that the Dodgers are successful all of a sudden it's 'you bought your team', quite laughable really. Dee Gordon, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw are all homegrown by the way (and if you'd like to count Puig as 'grown' then he too could be added).

He's got a lot of growing up to do if you ask me.