• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/21 Folders @ Fathers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco CF
Panik 2B
Posey 1B
Sandoval 3B
Pence RF
Susac C
Crawford SS
Dominguez LF
Vogelsong RHP

Bottom of the 5th and no GDT?

Really guys?

I am not sure who I am referencing when I say "Folders", the team, or this board.

Anyway, Dmingues with the start over Brown. The kid gets called up and is immediately put into the doghouse. Good luck with the rest of your career, kid, wherever it may be (cause it sure as hell isn't with the Giants).

We are already down 1-0, in risk of getting swept in a pennant race. I did not realize the Giants hired Dusty to manage this team again. Pitiful.

3-1 bad guys

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - attendance here has dropped off a bit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - attendance here has dropped off a bit.

We have lost 2-3 regs each year since the migration, and we have only gained maybe 4 regs as replacements. Add on top of that the team playing like they would rather play golf than baseball in October, and there is your drop...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs win.

Pirates win.

Giants losing.

Niners imploding.

Welcome to 2014, gentlemen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we cancel all sports for this year, please?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres #2 hitter is batting .218.

The Padres #3 hitter is batting .208.

The Padres #4 hitter is batting .217.

The Padres are about to sweep us and are ahead in this game 5-0.

Do magic numbers matter anymore? At this rate, the A's would beat us handily.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Bigs, Dominguez.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beyond disappointed at how this team has just crumpled lately. Dodgers playing like a team on a mission. Padres playing like a team on a mission. Giants playing like kaka in all facets of the game. Bleh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have lost 2-3 regs each year since the migration, and we have only gained maybe 4 regs as replacements. Add on top of that the team playing like they would rather play golf than baseball in October, and there is your drop...

Somehow, I just knew when I made reservations for the Arizona Fall League that the team would revert to its crappy play. :D

Bad, bad, bad weekend for my sports teams.

Cal gives up 36 points in the fourth quarter alone to lose a game they were expected to lose, but should have won.

The 49ers continue to imitate the Raiders by being undisciplined, and they shut down the offense at half time, and lose to the Cards. Kaep throws for 245, but averages 8 yards per completion, meanwhile the AZ QB averages 15 yards per completion. Even at the end, down 9 with 30 seconds to play, instead of some long passes, the 49ers settle for a seven yard dink pass. :L

And finally the Giants, er, midgets, stroll into Petco and get their arses handed to them by the worst hitting team in baseball, and they can't score runs to save their lives. Pence and Pablo have disappeared fore the last two weeks.

Well, once the Dogs sweep us in LA, put us out of our misery, we can look forward to next season, without the pretense of being a playoff team.

I hate weekends like this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants now 7-22 when not scoring 1st post-ASB.

And yet, to open the game, we have Blanco leading off. Not sure what the love affair is with Blanco leading off. He is like 2-30 when leading off a game this year. Whatever he might be, whatever he may have been, he is NOT a leadoff hitter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants had to take at least 2 of 3 from the Padres going into the series with LA. Now they are swept, by a combined score of 16-4. Out-hit. Out-pitched. Out-fielded. Out-managed. And we are in a pennant race?

Words fail.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giants_cubs_453880072.jpg

628x471.jpg

ph_history_timeline_art12.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dog magic number is 3.

We HAVE to sweep them, and quite frankly, that ain't happen N'

If we don't win the series, they will be celebrating right in front of us.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY bright side left for us at the moment .... is that PIT took out the Brew Crew on their climb towards the playoffs. PIT has now tied us for the 1st WC position ... the closest to us with 7 games left is MIL (4 behind I think). This could have been worse if MIL was playing someone else and also swept.

Now we need to position our rotation for the WC game as well as the Division series. This could get interesting. You need to win the WC game to move on. If we use Bum and win ... he'll only have one game in the Division series even if it goes 5. Do we take a chance with Peavy and set up bum for the Division series opener. Also allows him two games in that series if needed. I'm not sure we can get through a 5 game set without Bum going twice.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get healthy if we expect to do anything in the playoffs. For whatever reason they just don't score without Pagan leading off. And Morse out hurts too, between then that's 25% of our lineup. Doesn't take much, just losing Cespedes tanked the As offense from among the best in baseball to among the worst.

Baseball is so weird like that.

If somehow they go into the playoffs with those 2 back and a lineup like

Pagan
Panik
Posey
Panda
Pence
Morse
Belt
Crawford

They have a puncher's chance. But if Pagan especially or another key cog is out? Probably not our year.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to get healthy if we expect to do anything in the playoffs. For whatever reason they just don't score without Pagan leading off.

This! Just not sure what the hell is actually happening. When we lost him in 2013 we were over 500 and playing OK. He went out and our season flushed. Morse is also a big loss but Pagan seems to be the spark that makes this team go. I'm really surprised they haven't tried Panic in the lead off spot. Blano just can't seem to handle that spot in the order while Pagan handlers it well ...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY bright side left for us at the moment .... is that PIT took out the Brew Crew on their climb towards the playoffs. PIT has now tied us for the 1st WC position ... the closest to us with 7 games left is MIL (4 behind I think). This could have been worse if MIL was playing someone else and also swept.

Now we need to position our rotation for the WC game as well as the Division series. This could get interesting. You need to win the WC game to move on. If we use Bum and win ... he'll only have one game in the Division series even if it goes 5. Do we take a chance with Peavy and set up bum for the Division series opener. Also allows him two games in that series if needed. I'm not sure we can get through a 5 game set without Bum going twice.

With Bumgarner and Cole both scheduled to pitch the last day of the season, they will both probably get the wild card starts. Unless home field is up for grabs? That could be interesting, do you want a better chance for home field or your best starter pitching?

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose 8-2 to SD ..on to L.A.

Hey I am not going to sugar coat this. Giants 4 1/2 back with 7 games to play.

A tough series in San Diego that was tough to watch.

Just have to keep going and play the last 7 games ballz out.

Have to find the mojo that they just had a little while ago.

The motto has to be Win today and let tomorrow be tomorrow.

It's baseball and anything can happen. Keep driving for the finish line.

The Giants players have to remember that they are past Champions who have done it before and the cream will rise to the top when the playoffs roll around.

Rock N' Roll ...here we go....

WIN !

Go Giants !!

BEAT L.A. !

:suds::clap::thrasher::headbanger::grouphug:

on youtube...

Rocky ll - WIN !

posted by IAintOverYet

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bumgarner and Cole both scheduled to pitch the last day of the season, they will both probably get the wild card starts. Unless home field is up for grabs? That could be interesting, do you want a better chance for home field or your best starter pitching?

No question, you want your ace on the bump. It isn't even close.

As for holding you ace back in the WC game for the chance he gets to pitch twice in the NLDS? That is absurd. He only has the chance to pitch twice IF YOU ARE IN THE NLDS!!

I can't believe people are still bringing up this point.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were Pittsburgh, I would use my best pitcher to try to get home field advantage for the wildcard game. I surely would.

:whistle: