• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/2 Biggie @ Rox

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had a good feeling, too. A feeling that I should take a walk, and not listen to the game. I walked six miles in the Central Valley dusk. I came back and to my surprise, the Giants had forged ahead. And it stayed that way, as FYWW stayed true to form.

This. Better way to spend a couple of hours.

Like a root canal, for instance.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of high praise for Susac from Boch and Posey. With Morse and Belt out, sounds like he'll be the primary catcher and Posey will start at 1st.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of high praise for Susac from Boch and Posey. With Morse and Belt out, sounds like he'll be the primary catcher and Posey will start at 1st.

If only somebody had touted that kid when he was drafted....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doyers win a Kershaw game. Not unexpected. Fortunately, we pulled out a shitshow win after a shitshow loss yesterday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a show of shit. Stop lying.

Getting bent out of shape about a game at Coors Field is like getting pissed at your QB for not throwing for 300 yards in Green Bay in January.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Belt have a job when he gets back?

Only read to this point so maybe this has been discussed:

It's not our FO's style, but if this keeps going do you trade Belt? You could get a LOT for him.

Also, Kontos EARNED that W today, really all of FYWW did but Kontos to come in to kind of mop up, and instead lock it down at that clown stadium while the team explodes behind him for some runs...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm calling this: those 2 rookies Panik and Susac, plus Pagan coming back, literally (yes cal) saved our season.

It's more fun now than the first 2 months because it was so early you knew it couldn't sustain like that all year. But to come around the home stretch like this, with all the new energy (again we get lucky with injuries allowing new pieces to emerge...)

Even numbered years rule! :yahoo:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm calling this: those 2 rookies Panik and Susac, plus Pagan coming back, literally (yes cal) saved our season.

It's more fun now than the first 2 months because it was so early you knew it couldn't sustain like that all year. But to come around the home stretch like this, with all the new energy (again we get lucky with injuries allowing new pieces to emerge...)

Even numbered years rule! :yahoo:

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARENA BASEBALL !!!

Totally...

And you know, I dig a crisp 4-1 win at PacBell as much as anyone, but variety is good too, a game like this once in a while is FUN

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only read to this point so maybe this has been discussed:

It's not our FO's style, but if this keeps going do you trade Belt? You could get a LOT for him.

Also, Kontos EARNED that W today, really all of FYWW did but Kontos to come in to kind of mop up, and instead lock it down at that clown stadium while the team explodes behind him for some runs...

We could trade Belt...

Or

We could let Panda walk and put Posey through a hell of an off-season training program. That would allow raises and an upgrade in the rotation.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally...

And you know, I dig a crisp 4-1 win at PacBell as much as anyone, but variety is good too, a game like this once in a while is FUN

We've been getting spoiled 3 of the last 5 games then (discounting the May makeup game).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could trade Belt...

Or

We could let Panda walk and put Posey through a hell of an off-season training program. That would allow raises and an upgrade in the rotation.

Also an interesting idea...the emergence of 2 legit position players (if it sticks) makes the whole thing change (for the better), the flexibility, all good options, including keeping Belt!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could trade Belt...

Or

I still think Belt to LF, Posey to 1B, Susac catching and re-sign Pablo would be an ideal situation. I just don't see the Giants moving Posey to 3rd, same can be said about moving Belt to LF I guess.

Plus, we don't want Posey to go through a hell offseason training program. We need him fresh, regardless of the position.

EDIT: Point is, even though it's always good discussion, I don't want to have to worry about this stuff for another 2 months anyway!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind we have 2 high impact OF coming up, possibly being ready my mid-season next year (optomistic, I know) in Carbonell and Williamson. Maybe moving Belt to the OF will increase his value for a potential trade, though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun again, gentlemen....and moxie (where ya been?)

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no fear Buster Posey is here as Giants comeback and win 12-7 over Rockies

They call it a Coors Field Special and tonight some special things went the Giants way as they comeback from 6-0 and 7-1 deficits to shock the Rockies into a deep sleep. It did not look good early on as Petit got roughed up only going 4 innings giving up 6 ER and the bulls out of the Pen were asked to keep it there for a chance to do something.

Something did happen and it was all good. In the 6th after being down 7-1,the run coming on a Duvall solo shot the Giants got back in the game thanks to a Posey solo HR and a Susac 2 run HR. Down 7-4 lucky number 7 inning came around and the Giants kept rolling point after point to make everyone happy at the dice table of baseball. Posey doubled to score Panik and Pagan closing the gap to 7-6. Hope was alive as Pence singled to score Posey to tie the game 7-7 and it was on at Coors Field. Blanco doubled, Susac doubled, and Crawford tripled to make it 10-7 Giants as all the confidence seemed to leave the Rockies side. Posey doubled again and then a error by the Rockies centerfielder Stubbs ended the scoring at 12-7.

Romo came in with two on and two out in the 7th to get a huge out. The bullpen came through going 5 ballz out innings giving up only 1 ER bringing hope to the offense. Hope is a beautiful thing as Posey led the way going 3-5 on the night with 4 RBI's. Susac, Pence .Blanco, and Panik, all had key roles in the win but the whole team came through when it counted. September 2nd will be remembered for a great comeback win by the Band of Brothers after one of the toughest losses of the year in another Coors Field Special going the wrong way. The Giants had the Eye of the Tiger going tonight as they survive 12-7 in a very exhausting but entertaining ballgame.

Vogelsong on the bump in a day game Wednesday going for the Rubber win to take the series. A well earned beer for the boys after fighting back with everything they have. Proud to be a Giants fan. We believe !

Here we go....:whoo:

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::grouphug::rockon::grouphug::thrasher:

on youtube...

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

by SurvivorVEVO

R.I.P. Jimi Jamison lead singer of Survivor who just passed away at 63

Last edited by a moderator: