• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/18/11 Multi-Game Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big day around the AL. BOS will start Wakefield vs Price with the hopes of extending the WC lead back to 4 games. A loss and a 2 game lead makes the race very interesting for the rest of the season. The game will be on TBS and I will be watching, since it's more interesting to me than the Jets vs Jaguars.

The Angels will start Weaver on 3 days rest vs Alfredo Simon(4-8, 4.67 ERA) in an absolute must win for them. You have to figure that with Texas starting Harrison vs Felix, LAA has high hopes of gaining a game on us today. This game isn't a must win for us, but it would be a huge game to win. Knowing that they can't make up any ground on us while they start their ace and we play another team's ace could be devastating to their morale. It would also be pretty damaging to LAA's playoff hopes, as they are 5GB in the WC race.

Detroit will start Verlander vs Moscoso(8-8, 3.44 ERA). A Texas win and a Detroit loss would tie their records.

Definitely the biggest day of the season around the AL. All of these teams will be scoreboard watching today.

Also, the Cowboys will try to avoid going 0-2 today against the 49ers.

LETS GO COWBOYS! LETS GO RANGERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep talking about Fielder...have the Rangers expressed any interest in signing him? Obviously we should be more concerned with pitching and that should be taken care of first. But man, the idea of Prince hitting in the BPIA and what he would do for our lineup is scary.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison vs Felix does not make an easy or even likely win for the Mariners. Our hitters tend to get to Felix, and Seattle's offense tends to struggle against Harrison. He might give up one or two, but I don't see him getting knocked around like Colby did last night. I really expect him to finish the season really strong actually. My guess is Texas and LA win today and everything is "as you were" by bed time for those two.

I am calling a win for Tampa. Price has been nasty this month and Wakefield is... well we all know what Wakefield is. Boston loses more ground in the WC race, and Tampa and LA continue nipping at their heels.

No way Detroit loses with Verlander on the mound.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep talking about Fielder...have the Rangers expressed any interest in signing him? Obviously we should be more concerned with pitching and that should be taken care of first. But man, the idea of Prince hitting in the BPIA and what he would do for our lineup is scary.

The idea of Prince fielding first base for the rangers is scary too, and not in a good way. I doubt Nolan and the guys worry too much about fielder. As much as Young gets criticized for his defense could you imagine fielder playing first every day? Ouch.

Nolan will spend money on resigning CJ, and probably another really good starting pitcher this offseason. Isn't Cole Hamels available? Would be a good #3 guy I think. Maybe Burhle, but the guy has been getting pretty beat up lately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of Prince fielding first base for the rangers is scary too, and not in a good way. I doubt Nolan and the guys worry too much about fielder. As much as Young gets criticized for his defense could you imagine fielder playing first every day? Ouch.

Nolan will spend money on resigning CJ, and probably another really good starting pitcher this offseason. Isn't Cole Hamels available? Would be a good #3 guy I think. Maybe Burhle, but the guy has been getting pretty beat up lately.

Meh, I think he's worth it. Moreland is no Teixeira on defense either.

The TBS panel doesn't seem too high on the Rangers. They were quick to point out Texas having the 2nd highest BP ERA in the AL, Nefty's 6 blown saves, 110 errors, 17-23 record in 1 run games. They said something along the lines of "Their starting pitching has been okay, but this team is all offense and it always has been"

TB with an early 1-0 lead in the 2nd.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Nolan/the front office has said they will not be players for Fielder/Pujols this coming offseason.

That said... as much as I like Moreland, i'd love to have Fielder here. ONLY way that happens (IMO) is if CJ leaves for someplace else.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Nolan/the front office has said they will not be players for Fielder/Pujols this coming offseason.

That said... as much as I like Moreland, i'd love to have Fielder here. ONLY way that happens (IMO) is if CJ leaves for someplace else.

Could you imagine pitchers having to go through Hamilton, Young, Beltre, Cruz, Napoli, AND Fielder? Jesus.

TB up 2-0. Wakefield looks like a 45 year old.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 run inning for TB. I'm calling for TB to win the WC. This team just has so much fight in them. BOS just looks ready to roll over and die.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Believe the only "they" who are talking about Fielder are media types, fantasy fans, and his agent. Anti tampering rules preclude any team talking about a player who is under contract and in any case ... RBIA is too hot for 'big' guys. He's already said he wants to stay in Milwaukee where they are the NL#2 seed, a better record than TEX, and what might be the least stressful division in baseball. IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe the only "they" who are talking about Fielder are media types, fantasy fans, and his agent. Anti tampering rules preclude any team talking about a player who is under contract and in any case ... RBIA is too hot for 'big' guys. He's already said he wants to stay in Milwaukee where they are the NL#2 seed, a better record than TEX, and what might be the least stressful division in baseball. IMO.

"In an interview scheduled to air on TBS at 10 a.m. Sunday, Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder acknowledges that this "probably" will be his last season with Milwaukee.

Fielder, 27, who is hitting .294 with 32 homers and 109 RBIs, will be a free agent after the season. He has spent all of his eight major-league seasons with the Brewers, but it's been expected that Milwaukee wouldn't be able to afford him past this season since the Brewers signed Ryan Braun to a five-year, $105 million extension in April.

"I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year," Fielder told TBS, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Fielder's current yearly salary is $15.5 million. He reportedly turned down a five-year, $100 million offer in 2010.

"I couldn't see why every team in baseball wouldn't want him on their team. Certainly, he will get some huge offers," Braun said.

Read more: Prince Fielder 'probably' in last year in Milwaukee

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think he's worth it. Moreland is no Teixeira on defense either.

The TBS panel doesn't seem too high on the Rangers. They were quick to point out Texas having the 2nd highest BP ERA in the AL, Nefty's 6 blown saves, 110 errors, 17-23 record in 1 run games. They said something along the lines of "Their starting pitching has been okay, but this team is all offense and it always has been"

TB with an early 1-0 lead in the 2nd.

Doesn't matter. Fielder is the epitome of defensive liability. And with the money it would take to sign him, we would likely have to forego upgrades in another really need it like starting pitching.

I guess the guys at tbs missed that Texas pitching has the best road era in baseball or the bullpen upgrades made at the trade deadline, or the games won by the bullpen when starting pitching crapped on the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price just got a ball hit back at him pretty hard, this could be really bad for TB.

LAA and BAL tied 1-1 in the 2nd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Fielder is the epitome of defensive liability. And with the money it would take to sign him, we would likely have to forego upgrades in another really need it like starting pitching.

I guess the guys at tbs missed that Texas pitching has the best road era in baseball or the bullpen upgrades made at the trade deadline, or the games won by the bullpen when starting pitching crapped on the game.

They did mention that we got Adams and that he has helped out a lot. Well LAA just blew the game open 6-1, doesn't look like we're going to add on to the lead today.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"In an interview scheduled to air on TBS at 10 a.m. Sunday, Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder acknowledges that this "probably" will be his last season with Milwaukee.

Fielder, 27, who is hitting .294 with 32 homers and 109 RBIs, will be a free agent after the season. He has spent all of his eight major-league seasons with the Brewers, but it's been expected that Milwaukee wouldn't be able to afford him past this season since the Brewers signed Ryan Braun to a five-year, $105 million extension in April.

"I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year," Fielder told TBS, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Fielder's current yearly salary is $15.5 million. He reportedly turned down a five-year, $100 million offer in 2010.

"I couldn't see why every team in baseball wouldn't want him on their team. Certainly, he will get some huge offers," Braun said.

Read more: Prince Fielder 'probably' in last year in Milwaukee

Hmm. So evidence is an interview that hasn't aired yet. In an interview not more than a week ago he said he'd like to return. In any case... I don't see how it correlates for TEX to look to sign Fielder if Wilson signed somewhere else. That makes no sense to me.

Thanks for reminding me how much I absolutely detest FA's in general and FA talk in the middle of the season prior a total waste of time. I'm sorry in a weak moment I posted a comment about a speculative FA opinion. I promise I'll never make another post about a speculative FA move ever again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty is looking pretty damn terrible behind the plate today.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year,"

Being real about it, it is probabaly the last year..of his contract, but I didn't read that he said it was his last year in Milwaukee. It's a contract year and time to be coy. Milwaukee did offer 20 million a year for 5 years..which he may find out ain't to bad for a fat guy who can't play defense.. I doubt the Brewers have said they absolutely don't want him back and he didn't say he was absolutely against coming back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year,"

Being real about it, it is probabaly the last year..of his contract, but I didn't read that he said it was his last year in Milwaukee. It's a contract year and time to be coy. Milwaukee did offer 20 million a year for 5 years..which he may find out ain't to bad for a fat guy who can't play defense.. I doubt the Brewers have said they absolutely don't want him back and he didn't say he was absolutely against coming back.

I really don't think he'll be there next year. On the radio the other day there were Brewers fans calling in about it, basically saying "Tell us something we don't know, Prince" I guess Brewers fans have known this was coming since Braun got his new contract. A lot has been made out of Prince saying this right before the playoffs, but from what I've gathered, Brewers fans have long since come to terms with it and don't really care.

Back to the game, Price got pulled after 4 innings for that ball that got hit back at him. I'm sure they're just being overly cautious, but he could be hurt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that was just barely foul