• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/17 Who Cares @ I Don't Give a Darn

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was a game at Coors Field and this is the 2023 Giants we are talking about here.
Very true but I was still shaking my head and asking my cat, “what the hell ?”

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Manaea pitched very well for five innings. Was he out of gas for the 6th? Not prepared? Does he just suck? Would things have changed if he had just been pulled after five and the bullpen takes over? As much as I have been angered at Manaea's performances this season, I liked what I saw in innings 1-5.

The rest, yes, a fecalfest.
Yes

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

He is useful, just not at a starters salary. He is a classic #5/swingman. He will have occasional good outings, but he is also apt to totally lose it and turn a scheduled start into a Wholestaff game.
agreed. Maybe, just maybe, he'll feel that he won't get a fair shot at a rotation spot in SF and opt out...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. Maybe, just maybe, he'll feel that he won't get a fair shot at a rotation spot in SF and opt out...
While I don’t expect it, he has had enough decent games that I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he bails.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don’t expect it, he has had enough decent games that I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he bails.

If he does, in a not so weird way, I’ll like him more as an ex-Giant.
Yet there is going to be some pause because he has had two down years in a row. That will suppress his market a bit and the free agent class is supposed to be deeper in starting pitching than just about anywhere else (except maybe relief pitching). He is going to have to weigh the fact that he wants a full time starting gig and may not get it in 2024 with the Giants with the fact that his numbers haven't looked good for a bit and may only get a chance with a non contender.