• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9.14.18 The historic(ally awful) month continues

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking WOW. I'm all in on Stratton now man. Maybe we don't need a teardown, maybe 2010 style is worth pursuing, young dominant starters and pen, not terrific offense. Just jacked up by this performance, vs a good team in the heat of a pennant race.

Missed watching this one and I regret it mucho.

Stratton though :clap: :clap:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at this one, so you're welcome :D

Funny story, on my way to the game I was on BART and I got to chatting with a couple sitting across from me. We discussed the Giants (it was apparent both of us were attending, based on our apparel, so an easy lead-in) and the man mentioned how he missed how the starters use to go deeper into games, that he was sick of all these 4-6 inning stars. We reminisced about the days Lincecum and Cain and Bumgarner were a guarantee for 7 innings and possibly more every night. Then I mentioned how I don't even remember seeing a complete game this year and asked the man if he recalled and he didn't. When we realized Stratton was pitching tonight, we both agreed that the streak would continue. When we arrived on Muni, we went out separate ways.

Good on Stratton for making us both look like fools.

So on the way out of the stadium I was talking to my sister, who I attended the game with, and told her about my encounter on BART. I realized in the 8th that Stratton might get a shot at this, but didn't want to jinx it, so I told her afterward. I swear I'm not making this up; so on our way back onto Muni after the game, we boarded and the man and his wife are standing right there next to us on the streetcar, mere seconds after telling my sister about the exchange. It was wild, like what are the chances? We laughed about the who situation and how crazy the events of the evening were. There must have been something in the air down here tonight.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at this one, so you're welcome :D

Funny story, on my way to the game I was on BART and I got to chatting with a couple sitting across from me. We discussed the Giants (it was apparent both of us were attending, based on our apparel, so an easy lead-in) and the man mentioned how he missed how the starters use to go deeper into games, that he was sick of all these 4-6 inning stars. We reminisced about the days Lincecum and Cain and Bumgarner were a guarantee for 7 innings and possibly more every night. Then I mentioned how I don't even remember seeing a complete game this year and asked the man if he recalled and he didn't. When we realized Stratton was pitching tonight, we both agreed that the streak would continue. When we arrived on Muni, we went out separate ways.

Good on Stratton for making us both look like fools.

So on the way out of the stadium I was talking to my sister, who I attended the game with, and told her about my encounter on BART. I realized in the 8th that Stratton might get a shot at this, but didn't want to jinx it, so I told her afterward. I swear I'm not making this up; so on our way back onto Muni after the game, we boarded and the man and his wife are standing right there next to us on the streetcar, mere seconds after telling my sister about the exchange. It was wild, like what are the chances? We laughed about the who situation and how crazy the events of the evening were. There must have been something in the air down here tonight.
You are now required to attend every Giants game through the end of the season.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking WOW. I'm all in on Stratton now man. Maybe we don't need a teardown, maybe 2010 style is worth pursuing, young dominant starters and pen, not terrific offense. Just jacked up by this performance, vs a good team in the heat of a pennant race.

Missed watching this one and I regret it mucho.

Stratton though :clap: :clap:
We're going to have to go some to get to that dominant pen like we had in '10: 2.99 era. 57-73 sv/o (for 78% sv% first in mlb ). 461 ip (bottom 10, good).

This year for the 'pen so far: 3.65 era (top 10, good). 33-62 sv/o (for 53% sv% last in mlb :gaah:). 514 ip (middle 10 not bad).

'10 starters, 'pen and overall era were top 3. Now that is dominant.
'18 starters, 'pen and overall era were around 10-12 place, good.

Team batting in '10 for ave., and ops., we're right about in the middle for mlb. For '18 bottom 10 for both.

Didn't it used to seem that the CGs used to feed off of each other? And when was the last time that a player "carried" the team for a month or two??? This year maybe Craw did that.

Bum is pitching the next game, so let's see if this complete game can put a higher octane gas in his tank. A little competition is good, right?

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinkin' Cardinals rolling over again against the Dodgers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers just took control of the 2nd WC spot by pounding the Cards 17-4 in St. Louis. :doh:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murph must have hid the #weaksauce yesterday...