• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers MLB Draft Playoff Game 4 : 500 vs Nos

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHHA, just noticed I got a BS because of a comment I made to Smitty, classic...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I can move past this let me explain my comment to Smitty.

Last night when we were trading I told him people are going to say I have great pitching but my lineup is going to struggle to score against these pitching staffs.

Again, I said people, I didn't single anyone out when we talked about it, then someone said almost word for word what I said last night, I found it funny but it seems it upset someone I call friend which was never the intention.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like your getting a little defensive over nothing, but ok...
You're the one who made the seed planting comment. I was just trying to explain my vote for 500's benifit because I had written his name down as winner but changed it, mostly because of the Key-Clemens matchup in game 3. I thought the aces would split 4 games, the 4-5 starters would split 2, and Rocket wins game 3.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who made the seed planting comment. I was just trying to explain my vote for 500's benifit because I had written his name down as winner but changed it, mostly because of the Key-Clemens matchup in game 3. I thought the aces would split 4 games, the 4-5 starters would split 2, and Rocket wins game 3.

The planting a seed comment wasnt said to be insulting, I know how you talk and I know how these people look up to you in the drafts especially baseball. So if UK says this team is BY FAR the weakest lineup it must be, i'll be sure to remember that if he makes it to the next game are what people just might be thinking.

That is all...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The planting a seed comment wasnt said to be insulting, I know how you talk and I know how these people look up to you in the drafts especially baseball. So if UK says this team is BY FAR the weakest lineup it must be, i'll be sure to remember that if he makes it to the next game are what people just might be thinking.

That is all...
I also said you have the best pitching. It would have been pretty silly to say Nos has the best pitching in the entire draft but wins in 7 games plus extras without explaining why. I voted for you here, as well as in the championship game in the last Mock . Crap I also voted Mebert against myself in a close head to head. What kind of seed was I planting there lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I can move past this let me explain my comment to Smitty.

Last night when we were trading I told him people are going to say I have great pitching but my lineup is going to struggle to score against these pitching staffs.

Again, I said people, I didn't single anyone out when we talked about it, then someone said almost word for word what I said last night, I found it funny but it seems it upset someone I call friend which was never the intention.

But this is true, that's like if UK wrote to me that everyone is going to say Bonds and Ruth are insane, BUT THIS... too lazy to finish my metaphor-insert tongue sticking out smiley here...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is true, that's like if UK wrote to me that everyone is going to say Bonds and Ruth are insane, BUT THIS... too lazy to finish my metaphor-insert tongue sticking out smiley here...

First off this makes no sense at all but thanks for the effort.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm trying to stand on my own so I'm not taking his comment much more than affirmation of what I felt... However, it's common sense since your only 2 HOF hitters are 1 and 2, and 1 is only there because of his years although he does have 800+ stls... I was about to see if you'd trade him for Gwynn which is why I asked if starting Manny in the field would be bad...

Back to the match... My problem is simply this... What I've been leaning to and learning is, if you can hit you have a chance... Your pitchers would have to basically pitch shoutouts and your BP would have to be lights out as well... Your facing a team that has 2 of (IMO) the best non HOF pitchers and great hitting as well... Is your hitting enough to out score his is what it boils down to... My top 3 list was...

UK
Nos

So now you have the order... I think you have just enough in this round to sneak by... Nos in 7...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off this makes no sense at all but thanks for the effort.

it was a little mishmashed... but what I was trying to say is that you found it funny that we would all recognize that you had the best rotation and the worst lineup... wasn't that obvious??

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a little mishmashed... but what I was trying to say is that you found it funny that we would all recognize that you had the best rotation and the worst lineup... wasn't that obvious??

No, not to me. :L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, no you didn't! You said I have awesome pitching and by far the worst hitting. What does the last draft have to do with anything? Was it baseball? Keep spinning buddy!
LMAO, Awesome pitching then, and reiterated it was the best after that. And what do you want me to say on the lineup? Combine your hitters by position and tell me which lineup your even close to? It would be like me getting pissed for saying I had the worst bullpen.... I do. My guys were good players, but compared to ones with 1-2 HOFers, no way

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not to me. :L

and to be honest, I don't think you had the worst offense... I had mebert having the worst offense... I just don't think your offense was any good either...You have to realize that any statement made is in comparison to the other offenses...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im at work and can't give these the time they deserve.

But I just want to say how much I liked this Mock. A little different than any we had done.

And definitely more time spent on trade attempts than in the past. nos and I put in hours last night on it. Hou-rs!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, seriously?

Yes, I dont think I have the worst offense. If you go by name recognition maybe and if you go by how many players do I have that are in the all time home run list maybe but theres a reason most teams in todays game that rely on the three run home run dont win the World Series. Good pitching, Good defense, timely hitting are what wins. I went a different way in this draft and i'm already regretting it. Next draft ill have 8 HOF hitters in my lineup and it will be pitching that decides it, its almost become comical.

I guess I just dont think loading up on home run hitters is what wins, sure having a few is nice but how many home runs are gonna be scored off the greatest pitchers of all time? Maybe a couple per game? I have players who get on base, players with speed who can take an extra base, pretty good OBP % guys.

When I said good hitting beats good pitching I didnt mean home run hitters beat good pitching. The best home run hitters of all time hit a HR about 1 time every 11-15 at bat and that includes against weak pitching. I dont think because some of these teams have 3 or 4 great home run hitters compared to me having only 1 or 2 is as much of a disadvantage as them having to face my rotation. it's not as if all 9 players in my lineup or ranked 10th in their spots for this draft, nobody comes even within a country mile of my rotation and aside from adding Walter Johnson i'm not sure it could be improved.

Just struck me wrong that you said awesome pitching (which isnt saying best or even 5th best) but then followed that up with worst lineup by far. I told smitty I wasnt gonna get mad when people tore my team... lolzzz

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel nos has the best rotation out of everyone but I also feel he has one of the weakest lineup. I see nos winning this in a low scoring series and nos winning in 6.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I dont think I have the worst offense. If you go by name recognition maybe and if you go by how many players do I have that are in the all time home run list maybe but theres a reason most teams in todays game that rely on the three run home run dont win the World Series. Good pitching, Good defense, timely hitting are what wins. I went a different way in this draft and i'm already regretting it. Next draft ill have 8 HOF hitters in my lineup and it will be pitching that decides it, its almost become comical.

I guess I just dont think loading up on home run hitters is what wins, sure having a few is nice but how many home runs are gonna be scored off the greatest pitchers of all time? Maybe a couple per game? I have players who get on base, players with speed who can take an extra base, pretty good OBP % guys.

When I said good hitting beats good pitching I didnt mean home run hitters beat good pitching. The best home run hitters of all time hit a HR about 1 time every 11-15 at bat and that includes against weak pitching. I dont think because some of these teams have 3 or 4 great home run hitters compared to me having only 1 or 2 is as much of a disadvantage as them having to face my rotation. it's not as if all 9 players in my lineup or ranked 10th in their spots for this draft, nobody comes even within a country mile of my rotation and aside from adding Walter Johnson i'm not sure it could be improved.

Just struck me wrong that you said awesome pitching (which isnt saying best or even 5th best) but then followed that up with worst lineup by far. I told smitty I wasnt gonna get mad when people tore my team... lolzzz
You're lineup would be phenomenal if we were comparing itto the 2015 Mets, but look at 500's lineup.... It's comparative . I didn't write several paragraphs of arguments when you said my pitching was my weakness, and I didn't say you were planting seeds. Let's look at that. Compare my pitching to any teams in the 2015 playoffs.
How many Bob Fellers you see? Maybe one of that caliber in LA. How many #2's as good as Drysdale? 3's like Guidry? King Felix as a 4 lol? Think Toronto would like to have Stieb on the bump today? Not exactly "weak". But on this Mock, I'd still have to outscore people because these are all time mocks