• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers MLB Draft Play In Game : Ritz vs Milk

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you anti Tettleton?

He's the best nonHoF power hitting catcher ever.

And he spurred to try and become a switch hitter in little league. It didn't work out well.
HaHa, good pop for catcher, but he couldn't throw out Big Papi

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like your over exaggeration, he was below average, he owned a 29% career throw out rate compared to the league average at his time of 33... But was actually above average twice in his career...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing you wrote that I disagree about though is that his 7-9 HITTERS are better than mine, and that mine is SO weak... If you look at it closer, I think you would change your mind on that... But I cant argue with the tettleton and Minoso point...

the one thing I would say, is that his bench is weak, and doesn't really help his team... my bench they all have a role and will help where my team is weakest...
No, gotta stick with what I said. Boyer wasn't bad, but Campy was a career .259 with no pop, and Tettleton had pop but was a career.....gulp..... .241 hitter. Two four one. Those two at the bottom in front on Minoso(who'd look better at 9 than one) means a lot of times, your 2-5 will be coming up with 1-2 outside and no one on, which means your 5-6 come up starting innings in front of the bottom. That means a lot of solo shots instead of 3 run homers. To be honest, if those things as well as catcher had been different, I'd have voted you over Ritz, me or anyone else. Rest of your squad is excellent

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your over exaggeration, he was below average, he owned a 29% career throw out rate compared to the league average at his time of 33... But was actually above average twice in his career...
He countered that below average D by hitting .241. Come on now, he sucked(for this mock)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, gotta stick with what I said. Boyer wasn't bad, but Campy was a career .259 with no pop, and Tettleton had pop but was a career.....gulp..... .241 hitter. Two four one. Those two at the bottom in front on Minoso(who'd look better at 9 than one) means a lot of times, your 2-5 will be coming up with 1-2 outside and no one on, which means your 5-6 come up starting innings in front of the bottom. That means a lot of solo shots instead of 3 run homers. To be honest, if those things as well as catcher had been different, I'd have voted you over Ritz, me or anyone else. Rest of your squad is excellent

guess how I am big on OBP, you are big on BA... cant argue with that... I do think you are being too hard on minoso, again he had a .389 OBP... But overall i don't disagree with your reasonings against my team...

But do want to make a point that Pete Rose career OBP is .375, had 198 career stolen bases, had only 5 seasons of .400 OBP or better compared to minoso having 5 seasons also at .400 OBP or better had a .389 OBP, and 205 SBs

How is Rose better than Minoso in that Minoso is the reason i lose compared to Rose not affecting his team at all??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess how I am big on OBP, you are big on BA... cant argue with that... I do think you are being too hard on minoso, again he had a .389 OBP... But overall i don't disagree with your reasonings against my team...

But do want to make a point that Pete Rose career OBP is .375, had 198 career stolen bases, had only 5 seasons of .400 OBP or better compared to minoso having 5 seasons also at .400 OBP or better had a .389 OBP, and 205 SBs

How is Rose better than Minoso in that Minoso is the reason i lose compared to Rose not affecting his team at all??
Here's why I care more about BA in a mock than OBP.... in a mock, you are typically going against pitchers that don't walk guys(with the exceptions, like Nolan, that could walk 3, K 3). So most of the time, to get on against these guys, you'd have to HIT the ball. Hitters with high average, power and the ability to hit lefties or righties are the way to score runs in mocks.
:2cents:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why I care more about BA in a mock than OBP.... in a mock, you are typically going against pitchers that don't walk guys(with the exceptions, like Nolan, that could walk 3, K 3). So most of the time, to get on against these guys, you'd have to HIT the ball. Hitters with high average, power and the ability to hit lefties or righties are the way to score runs in mocks.
:2cents:

again that's fair, i agree to an extent... the one thing about players who walk is that they will clearly also take pitches and see more pitches, they are also generally better at fouling off balls... this is a skill that may be just as important in the beginning of the game as actually getting a hit...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again that's fair, i agree to an extent... the one thing about players who walk is that they will clearly also take pitches and see more pitches, they are also generally better at fouling off balls... this is a skill that may be just as important in the beginning of the game as actually getting a hit...
I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, just an opinion. I'd argue, that a guy with a higher batting average would have a better chance of fouling balls off in your example. I'd also argue that guys with low average but high OBP would be of WAY less value in a mock. Guys that see a lot of pitches almost always lookat the first pitch to try and get ahead . Problem is, these pitchers like to work ahead as well, meaning lots of 1st pitch strikes, meaning the guy with a lower average is behind in the count, which drops his average even more, whereas a higher average guy is usually looking to hit the first fastball strike he sees. OBP us great in these, as long as the BA is high too. Depending on a walk against even a #3(in this case, Glavine) doesn't work

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Pop, imo.

There seriously isn't a better power hitting nonHOF option at catcher.

He's the kind of guy you let bat three times, pinch run if he gets on and bring in the backup.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Pop, imo.

There seriously isn't a better power hitting nonHOF option at catcher.

He's the kind of guy you let bat three times, pinch run if he gets on and bring in the backup.
.241 career equates to a 2-18 series with 14 K's against Ritz pitching

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.241 career equates to a 2-18 series with 14 K's against Ritz pitching
Does that mean Big Mac goes 3-18?

He's a .260 hitter. (.394 to .369 OBPs)

I don't love Mickey in the lineup. But down where he is, it's a power bat.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean Big Mac goes 3-18?

He's a .260 hitter. (.394 to .369 OBPs)

I don't love Mickey in the lineup. But down where he is, it's a power bat.
Probably so, but Mac would double the HR numbers that Tettleton puts up, and strike out less. McGuire had a .20 point edge on Tettelton and hit, what, 400 more bombs?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so, but Mac would double the HR numbers that Tettleton puts up, and strike out less. McGuire had a .20 point edge on Tettelton and hit, what, 400 more bombs?

comparing Mac to Tettleton??? tettleton is my 8 hitter, mac is his 4 or 5 hitter... I would hope that his 4 and 5 would be better than my 8 hitter...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Big Mac hit for more power, but he's the DH.

Every 100 abs, he got 26 hits compared to MTs 24.

(I hadn't read thru the BA vs OBP take until now. I see your point there. But a catchers BA isn't something I'll dwell on much either. )

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, again, i almost agree with 100% of what you wrote... I just have a problem with maybe the way you said it that i lose because of tettleton and Minoso... The minoso one gets me bad, i am not high on minoso either, but my opponent is starting Pete rose as his lead off... I just don't see how there would be a difference... Yes rose is a better player, but to be honest Minoso had better lead off type seasons...

and for that reason, i dont see his 1-6 hitters to be anywhere close to mine... fine his 7-8-9 is better, but in an offense wouldn't you agree that at least 80% of the offense is from there 1-6?? even in these mocks, if someone has the better 1-6 they have the better lineup IMO... and i just dont see my 7-8-9 being so bad that it would KILL me...

If i was facing Nos or even you and you made the lead off point then i would have no defense since i am competing vs a superior lead off hitter... But here it is a moot point IMO...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Big Mac hit for more power, but he's the DH.

Every 100 abs, he got 26 hits compared to MTs 24.

(I hadn't read thru the BA vs OBP take until now. I see your point there. But a catchers BA isn't something I'll dwell on much either. )
Fair enough ... wanna dwell on a catchers D? LOL, I really didn't set out to dog those players, just explaining my vote, which is important to Milk

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, again, i almost agree with 100% of what you wrote... I just have a problem with maybe the way you said it that i lose because of tettleton and Minoso... The minoso one gets me bad, i am not high on minoso either, but my opponent is starting Pete rose as his lead off... I just don't see how there would be a difference... Yes rose is a better player, but to be honest Minoso had better lead off type seasons...

and for that reason, i dont see his 1-6 hitters to be anywhere close to mine... fine his 7-8-9 is better, but in an offense wouldn't you agree that at least 80% of the offense is from there 1-6?? even in these mocks, if someone has the better 1-6 they have the better lineup IMO... and i just dont see my 7-8-9 being so bad that it would KILL me...

If i was facing Nos or even you and you made the lead off point then i would have no defense since i am competing vs a superior lead off hitter... But here it is a moot point IMO...
I'm sorry Milk, I'm not trying to make you lose, I think you have a Hell of a team. You're biggest complaint is always guys don't explain it when they vote against you, that's all I'm trying to do

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry Milk, I'm not trying to make you lose, I think you have a Hell of a team. You're biggest complaint is always guys don't explain it when they vote against you, that's all I'm trying to do

and i like explanations... I am just debating a point that you made that i think is wrong... Don't know whether it was just the quick excuse you gave, or if that is what you actually think...