• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.4 Young Beeduh @ Raw Keys

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Freeland, Rockies starter today, is 2-9 with a 7.48 ERA.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

#RockiesHorrorPitcherShow

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh roh.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid looks like Ralphie from Christmas Story

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more series scheduled in the co..

Mlb says no G pitcher is scheduled for tue vs nats.

Maybe not having a pitcher will help.

But while the pitching was not terrible in Colorado (giving up 16 runs in 3 games should be considered somewhat normal there), the offense completely stunk. The Giants were 3-21 with RISP, and only two of those hits produced runs. Against a pitcher who came into the game with a 7.50 ERA, the Giants scored two runs, both solo homers by Solano.

For the third time this week, the Giants had no hits with RISP. (And in hitters' parks!) And in two of those games, they didn't even GET a RISP! Awful plate discipline. Just awful.

Say what you want about the pitching, and I will agree. But the hitting should have been better.

Giants now 1-3 post trade deadline.

Bump in the road? Or we've seen the pinnacle of the season, and now it's time to endure a 20-30 finish to the season?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so is #weaklink....

Ugh...this rotation is a phuking SHITSHOW lately...

I wonder if they have been pitching in Colorado or Philly....nah, can't be that

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least all the other teams lost today too

Philly, Milwaukee, Washington

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants now 1-3 post trade deadline.

Bump in the road? Or we've seen the pinnacle of the season, and now it's time to endure a 20-30 finish to the season?
Welp, it’s put up or shut up time now, as we face the nats. :hope:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, it’s put up or shut up time now, as we face the nats. :hope:

Don't want to piss in the punch bowl, but when we made this crazy run and got into the race, I went to a game (that we won), and came back here and said I'm rooting for 'em but they don't have the bats or starters to make the playoffs (plus having to fight off so many others). I'm sticking with that.

Doesn't mean I can't be wrong for the first time in my life :heh: , and it's awesome to get to care about games, and FZ didn't fuck it up at the deadline. But really, aren't there sites that show the % chance to make the postseason? I bet we're under 5%.

I am very impressed with FZ so far. We're in good hands. We're never going to do a Cubs/Astros/White Sox total teardown thing. We're going to try to be the Cardinals, being smart and competing every year. We'll see.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to piss in the punch bowl, but when we made this crazy run and got into the race, I went to a game (that we won), and came back here and said I'm rooting for 'em but they don't have the bats or starters to make the playoffs (plus having to fight off so many others). I'm sticking with that.

Doesn't mean I can't be wrong for the first time in my life :heh: , and it's awesome to get to care about games, and FZ didn't fuck it up at the deadline. But really, aren't there sites that show the % chance to make the postseason? I bet we're under 5%.

I am very impressed with FZ so far. We're in good hands. We're never going to do a Cubs/Astros/White Sox total teardown thing. We're going to try to be the Cardinals, being smart and competing every year. We'll see.

The main problem, hitting wise, is the vets have grossly underperformed. Belt, Panik, Posey, Longo, Crawford have all been underwhelming. If several of them had performed at even close to their career marks, this would be a solid team. Belt K's too much looking, but does get on base. Panik looks done. Posey can't drive in a run to save his life. Longo is way past his expiration date. Crawford looks old and slow at the plate.

But yes, I agree, FZ has done a nice job, and will continue the churn until the roster looks better. We are still a few years away. And the hot streak gave us hope (perhaps false) that this team could compete.