• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/30/24 Late GDT Pathetic at Mediocre 7:15

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crap again. It will cost what the market price for lock down ace pitchers is...5/150 or something. You guys say don't do it.
Jesus dude this is your version of TZ shitting his pants in the first inning of a game. Stop it. There’s a grey area, it’s not as black and white as you’re making it. How did Timmy, Cain and Zito’s biggest contracts work out?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude this is your version of TZ shitting his pants in the first inning of a game. Stop it. There’s a grey area, it’s not as black and white as you’re making it. How did Timmy, Cain and Zito’s biggest contracts work out?
I'm literally saying what you are saying here LOL. You don't want to sign Snell to 5/150. You and others posted it.

It's not unreasonable I just think it's the wrong move to avoid paying market price for another ace. On this I want money spent. Other teams do and they get their targets. I want a 3rd ace.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm literally saying what you are saying here LOL. You don't want to sign Snell to 5/150. You and others posted it.
I want snell back, but not for his price. Noticed how you didn’t answer my whole question above either. Lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want snell back, but not for his price.
I KNOW THIS. There is a price, you don't want to pay it, ok, good for you. I do. The Mercedes costs what it costs...I want to pay for it, you want to find a better deal elsewhere. That's how a market works.
Noticed how you didn’t answer my whole question above either. Lol
That was a deflection, I'm not going to say don't take these shots because of Zito. Snell looks like the guy to me. I want an ace. I want to pay market price. You don't, it's fine, stop getting so angry here.

The guy said Snell won't sign here because he keeps getting Cained...ok, well, then those who don't want to pay up for him will be relieved.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW THIS. There is a price, you don't want to pay it, ok, good for you. I do. The Mercedes costs what it costs...I want to pay for it, you want to find a better deal elsewhere. That's how a market works.

That was a deflection, I'm not going to say don't take these shots because of Zito. Snell looks like the guy to me. I want an ace. I want to pay market price. You don't, it's fine, stop getting so angry here.

The guy said Snell won't sign here because he keeps getting Cained...ok, well, then those who don't want to pay up for him will be relieved.
Nice re-deflection. Why not mention the end of Timmy and Cain? There contracts were awful even though they were heroes.

Cain resigned here when he was getting Cained, stop it. It’s about being prudent. I liked both Snell and Chapman for their original contracts, they out performed and deserve to get paid. We are mid as fuck with them, how are we gonna be when we overpay for them?

You’re being passive aggressive and then blaming others for being angry. Stop. I’m not angry with you, I disagree with you. I’ve been posting with you for over 10 years, if I was angry with you, you’d know it. You’re just trying to win an argument. And yes, I don’t want Snell for 5/$150. You ever worked in sales? You pay the sales guy or gal for what they’ve done and you’ve paid them handsomely and they don’t perform to the same level as they have in the past. Snell and Chappy are both on perform or else contracts. Their baseball cards tell you what they are imhumbleo.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Zito looked like the guy to the Giants when they signed him. And I’m happy he signed here because 3 in 5, but let’s not pretend he was the main reason.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're really talking past each other, I don't think there's anything more to say than I want to sign Snell for 5/150 and you don't. Pretty sure we agree on those facts. There's no argument to win, we agree on this, right?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, man. That's exactly what depends are for. Jeebus....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Zito looked like the guy to the Giants when they signed him. And I’m happy he signed here because 3 in 5, but let’s not pretend he was the main reason.
I was sooooo happy when we signed Zito.

Boy was I wrong, and then incredibly right.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "s" in MSGKINGS stand for "straw man?"

Who knew.
What straw man?

Me: I want to sign Snell for 5/150 or whatever the market price is.
You: We don't want to sign him for that.
Me: OK well then we aren't signing Snell
You: What's with all the straw men?

Also msgkings is an acronym for My Straw Game is KING, Son

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "s" in MSGKINGS stand for "straw man?"

Who knew.
Requesting Its Me GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sooooo happy when we signed Zito.

Boy was I wrong, and then incredibly right.
Butterfly effect and all…. Blah blah blah…

BUT…

He was a useful cog in ‘12. He was not on the team in ‘14. And he took his flogging in ‘10 well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What straw man?

Me: I want to sign Snell for 5/150 or whatever the market price is.
You: We don't want to sign him for that.
Me: Why does no one here want to sign anyone, ever? Why do you all just want the Giants to constantly lose?
:fify:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit and hypocrite. Talk about straw man. Find me a post where I said that, you are literally straw manning my take. You guys just don’t like disagreement with your wisdom