• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/3 Urians @ Cobbians

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one game at the Arizona Fall League a few years ago, the Red Sox had an up and coming player named Rusney Castillo. The kid was full of himself, and strutted around like he was Babe Ruth. Anyway, in the 1st inning, he hit a weak grounder to 2nd and was easily thrown out. But when he hit the ball, he barely even left the batter's box, just took a step our two down the line and turned to the dugout. The manager (and the teammates) were furious at this prima donna. The coach yelled at him, and it was heard by all 250 people in the stands. The gist of the punishment was that he had to run around the edges of the field, down the baseline, along the warning track, back down the baseline. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. He ran until the 5th inning! I am sure the players union had something to say about this "punishment", but I am pretty sure he never dogged it out of the batters box again.
Well, he was pretty much driven out of the game pretty quick. His numbers were never THAT bad, so I can only assume he was essentially blackballed due to attitude issues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no!

Bases loaded again!
6878791945_9a0e492605_z.jpg

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was pretty much driven out of the game pretty quick. His numbers were never THAT bad, so I can only assume he was essentially blackballed due to attitude issues.

I checked his stats and he was only around for two partial years, and one full year. Never panned out as a player. Certainly the attitude issues may have been a factor.