• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/29 Turdinals @ Champs

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really fun game last night, Leake pitched way better than his line, thanks to EA who is total dogshit (decent bunt notwithstanding).

Sitting by some Cards fans who claimed Yadier was the best defensive catcher in the game. Had to admit I couldn't think of one better, how about youse guys?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody noticed the date on this thread?

Come on guys. If I can't rely on you guys to haze tz in my absence, I may have to make some late-season acquisitions.

This is the pennant drive, guys. We can't afford any of these spring errors if we want to advance further. Pick up your games, or changes will need to be made!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody noticed the date on this thread?

Come on guys. If I can't rely on you guys to haze tz in my absence, I may have to make some late-season acquisitions.

This is the pennant drive, guys. We can't afford any of these spring errors if we want to advance further. Pick up your games, or changes will need to be made!
Maybe we let it slide in hopes that it meant a win today.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really fun game last night, Leake pitched way better than his line, thanks to EA who is total dogshit (decent bunt notwithstanding).

Sitting by some Cards fans who claimed Yadier was the best defensive catcher in the game. Had to admit I couldn't think of one better, how about youse guys?

I think Posey is in serious contention. This season, he has been noticeably excellent blocking pitches, framing pitches and throwing out runners (44%).

If you wanted to get real nerdy with them, you could have used this site Baseball Prospectus | Statistics | Custom Statistics Reports: Advanced Catching Metrics

In MLB, only Grandall and Flowers are better pitch framers than Posey, Molina is 10th. As for pitch blocking, Molina has saved the 3rd most runs in the while Posey is 14th.

As for base-running, Molina has thrown out a league high 48%, Posey is at 44%. Some of the other top names in other defensive categories seen: Cervelli is at 22%, Grandall is at 28%, Martin is at 42% (leads AL), Flowers is at 24%.

So, it looks like a pretty good argument between the 2 guys. Posey and Molina are very good at all of the defensive pillars you want out of a catcher, receiving, blocking and throwing. Molina probably takes the cake.