• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/18/23 Cobb @ Strider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that this game might be a preview of this team if the Giants make the playoffs. Well that's how it feels that last two or three weeks. :ohwell: :brick:
I don't care how MLB has jacked up the playoff schedule.. No team playing as bad as this (or the other's clawing for the lower wildcard spots) deserves to be in the post season

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how MLB has jacked up the playoff schedule.. No team playing as bad as this (or the other's clawing for the lower wildcard spots) deserves to be in the post season
At this rate we can be pretty sure they won't make it

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves with their 3rd straight shutout!! Strider was great.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that this game might be a preview of this team if the Giants make the playoffs. Well that's how it feels that last two or three weeks. :ohwell: :brick:
I get the feeling that this will be a preview of missing the playoffs completely. They need to turn it around quickly if they want a Wild Card spot. Its not looking good that we could catch the Dodgers at this point.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird though, look at the NL hopeful wild card teams. All of them have gone 5-5 except us, 3-7. OK we lost 2 games, no one is killing it lately.

It's not OVER per se, it's more, what we see now is not a playoff team. But they COULD start hitting. Probably not, not out of the question though. Still might as well root for them, knowing they will likely fall short. That said, not really excited to watch the games, bad hitting is so boring and frustrating. What a waste of really good pitching.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling that this will be a preview of missing the playoffs completely. They need to turn it around quickly if they want a Wild Card spot. Its not looking good that we could catch the Dodgers at this point.
Never thought we'd catch them even only 2 back, 2 different tiers of talent

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend should be "fun".

Not sure yet if this is all overblown or if I should take the hysteria seriously.
I lived in S FL in the early/mid 90s. This ain’t gonna be shit. But at the same time, our infrastructure is not set up to take any kind of “hurricane” type storm, so it could be bad from that perspective.

While I do not fear any flooding, I do have a slight fear of falling trees or maybe the off chance of a small mudslide (I don’t think I really have a concern there). I don’t think my access to civilization is in any danger of being cut off, though, so even in a realistic worst case scenario, I should be fine.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in S FL in the early/mid 90s. This ain’t gonna be shit. But at the same time, our infrastructure is not set up to take any kind of “hurricane” type storm, so it could be bad from that perspective.

While I do not fear any flooding, I do have a slight fear of falling trees or maybe the off chance of a small mudslide (I don’t think I really have a concern there). I don’t think my access to civilization is in any danger of being cut off, though, so even in a realistic worst case scenario, I should be fine.
My concern too has been more about the location, where people haven't experienced this kind of storm and generally freak out whenever it rains at all. I've heard there has been a rush on food and supplies in parts of the Inland Empire, which creates more panic. Panic is never a good thing in even a small possibility of disaster.
And, as you mentioned, this area isn't built to be prepared for this kind of scenario. I agree that we'll be fine. Not having a tropical storm go directly over where I live is new so I just don't know what to expect.