• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.9 Last game before the break

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a masterful performance by Webb

FYWebbW

The platonic ideal of @tzill approved games....good mojo before the break winning the series and the last 2 games
I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if the hitting hadn't been so suckass for the last two weeks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just evolution of the game. Hitting 10 home runs used to be a big deal until Babe Ruth showed up.
The game was 25 years old when Babe showed up. And more than half the guys he played against were farmers or grocery clerks in the off season to actually make a living. Totally different environment.

But yes, it is the evolution of the game. Specialization and getting max effectiveness out of every pitch means the CG is a serious rarity now.

I acknowledge that this is likely the more effective way to proceed. But I am a romantic when it comes to my baseball. I like a SP who is frustrated if he only goes 7. I like a hitter who is embarrassed when he strikes out (but doesn’t act like Linus if it happens).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a 'must win' but would be a really bad look to lose a series at home to the shitty Rox with our co-ace on the mound right before the ASB. These are the games you gotta win.
Ya know, I felt like it was.

And a complete game from Webb? wow. How'd that happen?