• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/9 GDT A'ssss @ Giants

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice profile pick! :suds:

Huddy. This can't be the first time against Oakland since he left right?

EDIT: Just looked it up. May 17th 2008. Gave up 5 runs in 5, took a loss. This will be the first time back in the Bay though (even if it's a "road" game for the A's)

Good find, I too was looking for it. I seemed to remember it. I knew the A's played ATL.

Great game to attend. I will be taking the day to watch on MLB Network

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find, I too was looking for it. I seemed to remember it. I knew the A's played ATL.

Went to BaseballRef, says he has played them once but because I'm not a member, won't let me access when.

Here are his career numbers vs. OAK hitters

Tim Hudson Batter vs Pitching Stats - ESPN

15 AB's vs. Crisp, 11 vs. Punto then 8 versus Vogt, Blanks, Callaspo, Moss

Crisp 4 for 15 versus him
Punto 1 for 11

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, Blanco will be back in that spot tomorrow, because, well, Kruk and Kuip say it is who he is.
Ya know, you would think the numbers would speak for themselves, but, ah f'it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk approved for sure. Cain was great, Pen was great (huge problem lately), offense put up 5. Can't ask for more than that.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the only way I'm able to watch Bay Area games anymore. Unless I get satellite or watch it illegally online.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half way there Giants move back into First winning 5-2 vs. A's

Well A's fans who is laughing now. The last two nights in Oakland the A's hit the field running while the Giants sunk in a Oaktown quicksand. A's fans were planning their parade while Giants fans were trying to find a seat on Bart for a long ride home to finish off that bottle of Jack.

Tonight the Giants played Giants ball and took it right at the A's and that is what it takes to beat good teams like he A's. Cain was the driving force by shutting down the powerful A's line up who has scored 452 runs this year now. Cain had his eagle eye tonight as he swooped down on the A's who ended up his meat for the day. Cain's line was solid...6 IP 5 H 2R 2 ER 2BB 4 SO. Cain earned his 2nd win on the season and it was a big one. Only the 4th home win compared to 15 losses since June 9th for the Giants.

The offense was led by the man they call Superspeed . Pence lit a fuse tonight and all the fans frustrations over the last month seemed to be shot up into the air not to be seen at least on this night. Pence's HR in the 4th inniing might of been the blow that said to the A's ...not tonight Green and Gold. Panik and Crawford had two hits and provided some sparks down in the order and Panik is starting to gain confidence in the Bigs. Posey had a big single in the 3rd to drive in a run. The Panda also had two hits tonight as the Giants tallied 10 total on this Wednesday. Affeldt, Romo, and Casilla were excellent out of the bullpen for three scoreless innings.

It was a nice crisp game ( sorry Coco not tonight). Giants win it 5-2 and the question now is can they put two solid games together and jump the quicksand that has eaten them up for a month. Somebody borrow the Fonz's motorcycle because it's time to fly. Every time the Giants seem to bottom out they find a way to pull the Giants fans back in. The Giants are back in first place on a wing and a prayer as Giants fans keep dreaming and keep praying we can get there in the end. We're a little over half way there but the fight continues and as long as we are standing the Band will continue to Rock & Roll.

Go Giants !!:yes::yes::yes:

:suds::clap::thrasher::pray:

on youtube...

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has now won 3 of their last 5. Baby steps.

But the two games in Oakland were U G L Y, so I am not excited just yet. Maybe he return of Scoots to play 60% at 2B will spark the team a little extra to officially get them over this hump?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game tonight. Had a 'must win' intensity in early July...FYWW solid.

National media (Disney) take:

Cain finally wins but Giants have questions - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN

Seemed a rather fair article. I don't think he gives the pen enough over-all credit, but his point was fair. I also don't think he gives Panik enough credit, but again, his take was not completely unfounded.

Basically, the article pissed me off. I hate not being able to bitch about Disney.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big one today. Day game in the city. Can't wait.

Have fun today with the game gents.

For me, win or lose, I love these A's and Giants games. One of the very few real highlights on the sports yearly calendar for me.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say good luck but then I would feel dirty.

Let's go Oak---LAND.