• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/7 GDT Tron @ A'ss

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing that is making me the most upset right now is that the Giants did the same thing last season. A great start, Pagan gets injured, and then they are lucky to get any production from Center.

Pagan is a good player and is important. But, he gets hurt a lot. Did it not occur to anyone to get a better backup center fielder just in case? A mediocre cf is a lot better than what they throw out there now. If it was me Blanco would be DFAd tonight and Darren Ford called up.

Ford plays great defense and has a ton of speed. His bat is about on par with Blanco, but he can steal.

Or id bring up Gary Brown. Give him his shot. He is a first rounder and he is doing well in AAA. Not hitting for power, but has a good average.

Obviously the PTB's see things differently. Blanco received a raise last year to $2.525 million. He is under team control. He is above average defensively, though the arm is suspect, as are some of his decisions. (Wasn't it a few weeks ago he threw home rather than to 2nd, and took away the DP opportunity?)

His refusal to learn how to hit and use his speed is a puzzle to me. Not sure I'd DFA him, but I would not shed many tears.

The team needs more hitters, more discipline. Blanco is not the only one not swinging well, but he seems to be a main culprit.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco needs to sit. What a shitty AB to end the game as the Giants lose 5-0.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes after the series win on the weekend, especially having Herk leading off, but the A's are in a "different league" than the pads.

no_leche.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th shutout in the last 8 games.

3rd game in the last 8 with no XBH

6-39 with RISP in that time.

1-8 in the last nine games to open series. (now 15-14 in series opening games)

45-32 when committing no or 1 errors

4-8 when committing 2 or more errors

13-29 (.310) when not scoring 1st

Get 'em tomorrow.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's shut down Giants 5-0 ...Draw first blood

Vogelsong got a raw deal again tonight as the Giants play uninspired baseball in Oaktown . Giants shut out for the 4th time in the last 8 games and that my friends will not get it done. Fundamentals lacking and Blanco needs to sit until he understands how he is supposed to play the game.

A poor showing after the way the Giants rallied in San Diego. I am going out to see a great match up tomorrow in Oakland with Bumgarner facing Sonny Gray. The Giants have to get their mental game together or the A's will steam roll them into the bay.

Go get em' Tuesday night. Come on I know the Giants are a better team then what they showed tonight. Gotta turn it up another notch.

Go Giants !!

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco Scutaro 1-3 in Fresno tonight (Triple)

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's time to call up the bullet Darrin Ford and see what he can do. Sabean also needs to kick it in action and get a decent OF in a trade.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blanco does not learn the game and use his assets (legs) I don't want him on the team next year. I don't want stubborn players on the team that are not willing to adapt and adjust. He gets one more chance after sitting for a week or two and if he does not change he is gone if I am management.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blanco does not learn the game and use his assets (legs) I don't want him on the team next year. I don't want stubborn players on the team that are not willing to adapt and adjust. He gets one more chance after sitting for a week or two and if he does not change he is gone if I am management.

I suspect most here agree with this. I am certainly done with him.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Sabean cut Blanco or sent him down to Fresno right now it would send a message to the rest of the team to study the game more and get the most out of their talents. Shake it up. 4th shutout in last 8 games on offense is pretty pathetic and that is being nice.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of y'all hitting up these games? Wish I could've for down there for a couple.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dig the job Ray Woodson does on the KNBR Giants postgame show. Dude is calm and has a good head on his shoulders and talks callers off the bridge ledge. One of the smartest guys on KNBR.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of y'all hitting up these games? Wish I could've for down there for a couple.

I am going Tuesday in Oaktown. Bumgarner vs. Gray ....Looking forward to going into the Coliseum in my Orange & Black to represent. Would be nice to get a split there now. Bum needs a bounce back game.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From AP

The Giants have been shut out four times in eight games. That’s hard to do. They’ve scored 10 total runs in eight losses over the past 11 games. That’s really hard to do.

Something needs to shake up the lethargy and ineptitude of these hitters.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going Tuesday in Oaktown. Bumgarner vs. Gray ....Looking forward to going into the Coliseum in my Orange & Black to represent. Would be nice to get a split there now. Bum needs a bounce back game.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Have fun. Hopefully you get a great pitchers duel tonight.:suds:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun. Hopefully you get a great pitchers duel tonight.:suds:

Thanks man, it should be a electric atmosphere out there . I want to see good baseball between the best of both leagues.