• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/7 GDT Tron @ A'ss

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford for how good he is defensively he is just as poor at times.

Can someone tell my why Blanco is still on the team. He brings nothing to it. I would rather a rookie CF than him.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford for how good he is defensively he is just as poor at times.

Can someone tell my why Blanco is still on the team. He brings nothing to it. I would rather a rookie CF than him.

I'd be OK with him being a late inning defensive replacement, and a once a week starter. He really is worthless as a full time starter, especially considering his raise this year. He is not a starter, and yet, with Oxy out, that's who Noggin throws out there. He has some special moments in Giants' lore, but hitting is not one of his strengths.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have to play good fundamental baseball especially to beat the A's right now. The little things matter against these good teams.

A's 5-0 Giants in a Grand Canyon hole right now. Only 6 outs left to do some damage. Not enough time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably a bad fan anyways haha. I love Puig and Kershaw, Jose Fernandez is my favorite player in baseball, and I like the A's

0wK.gif

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with him being a late inning defensive replacement, and a once a week starter. He really is worthless as a full time starter, especially considering his raise this year. He is not a starter, and yet, with Oxy out, that's who Noggin throws out there. He has some special moments in Giants' lore, but hitting is not one of his strengths.

Stealing bases and making proper decisions on where to throw the ball are also vast weaknesses. I don't know how many runs he gives up from throwing the ball to the wrong cut off man or base, but I have seen more than double figure this year. He always goes to the lead runner when sometimes just throwing it to second to the SS or 2B will hold the lead runner and the backup runner. He is always trying for that big throw and out and his accuracy and strength are not good enough to do it.

Right now the only thing he is actually good at is catching the ball and running to the ball. Everything else he sucks hardcore at.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I sound like a downer/hater/chicken little, but I can't stand when people make mistakes from not thinking or not playing fundamental baseball that most little league players learn. They are professionals making boneheaded mistakes. They should know the circumstances and the defensive rotations. A lot of this is on managers who don't preach fundamentals anymore. They practice it in spring training then don't give a fuck about it the rest of the season.

I will never fault a guy who tries really hard and just can't make a play unless he should have known better to try and make that play.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully our luck changes. I want to see a W when I finally make it out to my first game this season on Saturday

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Otero pitch for us a few years ago? We could use a reliever who throws strikes and gets outs lately.
yep 2012 and maybe earlier 5+ era

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's just keep coming at the Giants..stealing with a 5 run lead in the 8th. Giants need to answer tomorrow.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing that is making me the most upset right now is that the Giants did the same thing last season. A great start, Pagan gets injured, and then they are lucky to get any production from Center.

Pagan is a good player and is important. But, he gets hurt a lot. Did it not occur to anyone to get a better backup center fielder just in case? A mediocre cf is a lot better than what they throw out there now. If it was me Blanco would be DFAd tonight and Darren Ford called up.

Ford plays great defense and has a ton of speed. His bat is about on par with Blanco, but he can steal.

Or id bring up Gary Brown. Give him his shot. He is a first rounder and he is doing well in AAA. Not hitting for power, but has a good average.