• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7,311 = NHL Home Opener Attendance!

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They apparently stopped giving tickets away for free, which has effected (affect?) the attendance already. It's time to move them though. Yes, Florida teams need winners to support their teams (as evidenced with every other FLA team...all of them), but these numbers are dismal...and there are some good players on that team worth watching.

You're right So Florida fans (to the extent they exist) are front runners.

The only times their teams draw well unless they are in a championship is when a visiting team has a lot of transplants in the area. And then the visitors fans outnumber the locals (which makes it even less desireable for the locals).

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to move them though. these numbers are dismal...and there are some good players on that team worth watching.

Yup. And there are a bunch of hockey-starved markets that would love to support an NHL franchise.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new. They just haven't falsified the numbers like they used to.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right So Florida fans (to the extent they exist) are front runners.

The only times their teams draw well unless they are in a championship is when a visiting team has a lot of transplants in the area. And then the visitors fans outnumber the locals (which makes it even less desireable for the locals).

Even the college fans in that area are front-runners. FSU pre-Winston wasn't dazzling. The Swamp isn't as filled these days. Miami is...yuck. I mean, most fans are to some degree front runners. I'm not going to spend a lot of money to see my team lose. I will, however, spend a little money to do it. The circumstances around the team just make it impossible for them to have a healthy franchise. They may one day be mediocre, but they'll *never* have sustainable health.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will 'shop Sabres jersey on him if they continue to "Play like a pee wee team"

It was posted in a different thread a couple weeks back, but there were apparently already sightings of people where McDavid Sabres jerseys during the preseason.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new arena in Quebec City will be ready for the start of next season. Bring back the Nordiques.
I'd be good with that, but I doubt the Butt plug wants to re-enter an existing hockey market. His M.O. to this point has been to expand out of the traditional markets into areas that just don't give a fuck.............as if by it's mere presence hockey will become popular in S. FLA or AZ.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little wider shot. there is no possible way 7300 people are there.

Bz7wCmOIcAIZmnk.jpg:large

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the Hartford Whalers! The Panthers will stay mammals & go from cat form to fish form!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberto Luongo: I play for the Panthers.
Jeb Bush: Here in Sunrise? I didn't know they still had a team!
Roberto Luongo: Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me sad to watch them die out like this. As someone mentioned earlier, Miami-area demographics aren't trending toward the people who typically watch hockey. I will miss them, but it seems obvious Panthers are going extinct.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way there's even that many there. That's the number of tickets sold (or given away). I want to know how many came through the door.

There is one in Kansas City already ready. Bring back the SCOUTS!

They have stopped the freebie ticket counting and I expect it has to do with getting outta Miami