• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/3 South Siders @ Wholestaff

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought in Rodon and they have Webb. I think they are both marketable. But they don’t have a single marketable bat. Craw had the potential, but he is just too old and too quiet to the media. Belt is Belt. Yaz has a name, but he is just a good starter, not a franchise-carrier. Pederson doesn’t have the look. He isn’t lovably chunky like Sandoval, he is just sloppy-looking. Hard to market that.

Doing my very first analysis of the coming FA market…

Catcher

Wilson Contreras
Gary Sanchez

First Base

Jose Abreu
Josh Bell
Brandon Belt
Trey Mancini
Max Muncy
Anthony Rizzo

Second Base

Nada
Nothing
Zip
Zero

Shortstop

Xander Bogaerts
Carlos Correa
Dansby Swanson
Trey Turner

Third Base

Evan Longoria (13m/5m buy out; picking him up is a no-brainer unless he retires, which has been rumored)

Outfield

Andrew Benintendi
Aaron Judge
Yeah I listed the impact bats available in another thread. To me it's Judge, Turner, JD Martinez, and I guess Abreu

Would you be willing to give Judge like 8 yrs/$350 million? That's the kind of deal we sometimes bitch about not doing but then if we do it we'll bitch about how ugly those last few years will be (Judge is 30 yrs old)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I listed the impact bats available in another thread. To me it's Judge, Turner, JD Martinez, and I guess Abreu

Would you be willing to give Judge like 8 yrs/$350 million? That's the kind of deal we sometimes bitch about not doing but then if we do it we'll bitch about how ugly those last few years will be (Judge is 30 yrs old)
i think they will make a serious effort on Judge. I think if he stays in NY it will be on him, the Giants will make a legit run for him, i think.

I do expect some serious trades this off season. I think basically any/all prospect except Luciano and Harrison will be actively shopped. And I wouldn’t be super surprised to see Harrison involved in a BIG trade.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they will make a serious effort on Judge. I think if he stays in NY it will be on him, the Giants will make a legit run for him, i think.

I do expect some serious trades this off season. I think basically any/all prospect except Luciano and Harrison will be actively shopped. And I wouldn’t be super surprised to see Harrison involved in a BIG trade.
:smash:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't the Joey Bart (and Heliot Ramos) experience cooled your ardor for 'prospects'?
Players fail, whether rookies or vets. Bart was not good. Ramos is too early to call. He's gotten no chance in the big leagues but his numbers at AAA, if he was older would be worrisome. He's going to need to show something in 2023, if he doesn't then its bad. The core of our 2010 through 2014 were built around home grown players. I'm still convinced that is the best way to build championships. Unfortunately, there are bumps along the way.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players fail, whether rookies or vets. Bart was not good. Ramos is too early to call. He's gotten no chance in the big leagues but his numbers at AAA, if he was older would be worrisome. He's going to need to show something in 2023, if he doesn't then its bad. The core of our 2010 through 2014 were built around home grown players. I'm still convinced that is the best way to build championships. Unfortunately, there are bumps along the way.
If we plan to build our next winner just with homegrown guys it's gonna be another 4-5 years

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in NY I have seen what Judge is capable of .... it's a lot ... but ... IMHO ... I think you have to treat himj ust like we thoughr about Harper at the time. Judge should be viewed as the franchise player. The face of the Giants. I think he needs to be our next Buster. We need an identity ... he could provide that ... but ... expect a high price.

We have to start somewhere ... i think this is a good option ...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in NY I have seen what Judge is capable of .... it's a lot ... but ... IMHO ... I think you have to treat himj ust like we thoughr about Harper at the time. Judge should be viewed as the franchise player. The face of the Giants. I think he needs to be our next Buster. We need an identity ... he could provide that ... but ... expect a high price.

We have to start somewhere ... i think this is a good option ...
Yep. If there's ever a time to roll the dice to jumpstart the franchise....overpay for a guy who you will probably get 5 good years out of. The end of the contract will be terrible but that's how the game is played now, and 5 years is enough time to build a winner.