• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/28 Wurst @ Furst

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things here about that 7th inning....

1. Why did Bochy not pinch hit for Moore? This one is somewhat forgivable I guess. But you have a rested Pen.

2. Maybe I'm giving Roberts too much credit here, but I think he baited Bochy into making a move when he pinch hit Puig. Puig hits right handers significantly better than lefties, but I think he knew Boch would make a switch to get the RH-RH matchup, splits be damned. (Again, maybe too much credit here because a tired Moore is probably still a good matchup for Puig).

3. Damn it why does Bochy continually put in cruddy relievers into big spots. Would have been a nice spot for Stickland. Stop putting Kontos into tire fire situations.
I think Bochy still remembers how nails Kontos was two years ago with inherited runners and believes that he'll somehow be like that again (many tired sports cliches can be inserted here). The problem is, that was two years ago. Both Kontos and Gearrin need to stay as far away as possible from inherited runners. It does the team no good (unless, of course, Bochy really wants the team to get the 1st pick next year. If so, good job Bochy!).