• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/27 GDT Ryus @ Peavys

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????

He got a scoreless inning yesterday, but he has been a gas can this year. And his pitches were not snapping last night like they should be for a slider-pitcher.

You follow him closer than I do at this point, but his stats and the eye test disagree with your statement.
I said: "But Wilson ain't that bad of a pitcher for the Dodgers". I never said he was "overwhelming"!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...radnich on knbr is killing the giants right now....and he's right.

Hey guys, A Dodger fan that lives up North and Radnich can be a blowhard. The Giants are banged up right now and I think Sabean has done a heck of a job (per usual) trying to plug some injury holes. Uggla is a long shot, but it was such a low risk move, why not? And I think the Peavy acquisition was savvy as it does not appear to have leveraged the Giants future in the Farm system.

As for Radnich, the Dodgers just lined up their three top flight pitchers to face the Giants all the while no Cain or Hudson to counter with. Had you had a shot at Beckett and/or Haren, we could be a few more games back.

This should be a great race down the stretch. Buster is coming to life, Panda gaining more weight (which always leads to more productivity) and Peavy just filled a major void. Hopefully the Dodgers-Giants meet in the playoffs!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree!! The Dodgers don't care about players salaries. Hell they have a great TV contract and are averaging over 46,000 fans per game at home in attendance this year. That will come out to over 3,700,000 fans this year.

The vast majority of people in LA and the surrounding area can't watch their team on TV right now. From my understanding, the deal keeps hitting roadblocks.

But Wilson ain't that bad of a pitcher for the Dodgers. :suds:

lol. I guess he had one good month this year, but he's been turrible.

Yeah but if the Dodgers can get Price, they will have a good 4th starter and what happens if one of the other starters gets hurt?

You can never anticipate injuries. What if all of them get hurt? If Kershaw, Greinke and Ryu isn't enough, then there is much more wrong with your team. Just my humble opinion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said: "But Wilson ain't that bad of a pitcher for the Dodgers". I never said he was "overwhelming"!!

I think your idea of where the line is to qualify for "ain't that bad of a pitcher" and my idea of where that line is are quite different.

He has been a mess for you guys this year.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radnich is a tool. Most of us NEVER listen to him. He only speaks so he can hear his own voice.

That may be....but you still can't deny the guy speaks the truth....unlike mac +/or murph who are essentially cheerleaders for all the bay area teams...which is okay too...but gary tells it like it is, and I understand he rubs many the wrong way, and gets a bit abrasive at times. The nature of sportstalk radio.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be....but you still can't deny the guy speaks the truth....unlike mac +/or murph who are essentially cheerleaders for all the bay area teams...which is okay too...but gary tells it like it is, and I understand he rubs many the wrong way, and gets a bit abrasive at times. The nature of sportstalk radio.

No, he always rags on the team, so when they are going bad he's 'speaking the truth', and when they are doing fine he's still ragging them. And he's annoying. Why listen to anyone who always has the same opinion good or bad? Mac and Murph are useless too, they are chirpy always positive morning DJ types (although Murphy apparentlt does tweet negative stuff too).

We don't need Radnich to tell us the team, especially the offense, is playing like shit. Partly injuries, partly experiments not working out (Uggla, and now maybe Morse). What is there to say? If we don't get healthy, we miss the playoffs. If we don't get another 2B or LF, we probably miss the playoffs. What else is there to say?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he always rags on the team, so when they are going bad he's 'speaking the truth', and when they are doing fine he's still ragging them. And he's annoying. Why listen to anyone who always has the same opinion good or bad? Mac and Murph are useless too, they are chirpy always positive morning DJ types (although Murphy apparentlt does tweet negative stuff too).

We don't need Radnich to tell us the team, especially the offense, is playing like shit. Partly injuries, partly experiments not working out (Uggla, and now maybe Morse). What is there to say? If we don't get healthy, we miss the playoffs. If we don't get another 2B or LF, we probably miss the playoffs. What else is there to say?

I guess he could lie or cherry coat it the way some of the others at that station do. No worries tho, dude...it was a decent segment. Btw: he does the same thing regarding the 9ers + warriors....which is why he's been on the air so long.
:suds:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he could lie or cherry coat it the way some of the others at that station do. No worries tho, dude...it was a decent segment. Btw: he does the same thing regarding the 9ers + warriors....which is why he's been on the air so long.

You're missing my point. Not only doesn't he 'cherry coat', he 'shit coats'. He's ALWAYS negative. So he's often very very wrong, because the team is fine and he's still ragging. It's not 'lying' to point out the good things.

So having Radnich add his usual bitching is useless. We know he's gonna bitch, and also we have eyes, we see there's problems. I.e. we don't waste our time on him. Free country of course, so you can do so all you like.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????

He got a scoreless inning yesterday, but he has been a gas can this year. And his pitches were not snapping last night like they should be for a slider-pitcher.

You follow him closer than I do at this point, but his stats and the eye test disagree with your statement.

Yeah, something is off with him this year. He just doesn't seem to have what he did last year. They say he isn't hurt, but something is off.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your idea of where the line is to qualify for "ain't that bad of a pitcher" and my idea of where that line is are quite different.

He has been a mess for you guys this year.
LOL, yeah and Wilson is still on the Dodger's roster and still producing. Get back to me, if Wilson ever loses a game to the Giants. Hell with the Giant's pitching staff, I just hope you can survive thru the Season. We will talk again in September. :suds:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah and Wilson is still on the Dodger's roster and still producing. Get back to me, if Wilson ever loses a game to the Giants. Hell with the Giant's pitching staff, I just hope you can survive thru the Season. We will talk again in September. :suds:

Yeah he's producing all right...producing runs for the other team. 5.23 ERA, 1.87 WHIP. Well spent $10 mil, not that it matters to you nouveau riche dumdums. He's got 3 losses and 2 blown saves also, which is like losing a game or 3 to the Giants (in the standings).

Bye now.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"still producing" ?? MAN, I wish you were in charge of talent aquisition for the Dodgers. Calling a reliever with a WHIP of 1.87 (2nd worst in the NL for pitchers with at least 20 IP), an ERA of 5.23, a negative WAR, BAA of .273, OPS-A of .794, K/BB of 1.52 "still producing"??? The only thing he's producing is shite.