• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/27 GDT Ryus @ Peavys

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or that Boch keeps sticking with him there.

This!!!!! I just don't understand what they see by having Shark lead off .... they have to have the same statistics that we have ... I just don't see anything that would lead them to this conclusion ...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth!

Blanco has been doing well later in the lineup, why screw him up by putting him ion leadoff again>

His 2014 numbers, I believe, are 2-29 hitting leadoff in the 1st inning. He should do better than that by mistake.

How about

Pence
Posey
Panda
Morse

as a 1-4?

That wouldn't be the worst idea. Just try to ambush them early. Get as many ABs for Pence, Posey, Sandoval as possible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth!

Blanco has been doing well later in the lineup, why screw him up by putting him ion leadoff again>

His 2014 numbers, I believe, are 2-29 hitting leadoff in the 1st inning. He should do better than that by mistake.

How about

Pence
Posey
Panda
Morse

as a 1-4?

I was thinking about Posey nd his spot in the lineup today, and I realized that he is a perfect #2. His power is moderate, but he has a high BA and OBP. Put Pence #3 and Panda #4. This, of course, assumes Pagan in the #1 hole.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This!!!!! I just don't understand what they see by having Shark lead off .... they have to have the same statistics that we have ... I just don't see anything that would lead them to this conclusion ...

There is absolutely no stat our there that is in his favor batting leadoff. His speed and career OBP are about it, but leading off he never utilizes them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Morse signed for? His numbers have plummeted the last two months. Is he having health issues? Or was the HR hitting RBI machine of April and May an illusion>?

Just this season. But, only for 6M...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no stat our there that is in his favor batting leadoff. His speed and career OBP are about it, but leading off he never utilizes them.

Well, Boch isnt putting a 2B as the #2 hitter...

If he ALSO didnt have a CF leading off, his head would explode, and I am not sure they could afford the insurance needed to cover that kind of blast...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this season. But, only for 6M...

Well, he evidently enjoyed his first few months here. Still wondering what has happened. Is he nicked up, and trying to be a trooper through this? Has AT&T gotten into his head? Has BamBam's influence rubbed off? :D When in doubt, blame Bam, Bam.

Or Whiteside.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about Posey nd his spot in the lineup today, and I realized that he is a perfect #2. His power is moderate, but he has a high BA and OBP. Put Pence #3 and Panda #4. This, of course, assumes Pagan in the #1 hole.

His power very good as a 1st baseman (in fact, all of his offensive numbers are incredible). If he were ever to move there permanently, I'd want him 3rd. I still like him 3rd now, have your best hitter 3rd, but if no one is getting on in front of you, may as well bat him earlier. His skill set fits 2nd or 3rd very well.

I've been thinking about the long term of this team more and more lately, and I really think that the Giants need to move Belt to LF, Posey to first and Susac as the long-term catcher, if they want to maximize their offensive output.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a Dodger hitter, yes. If it is a Giant hitter, it is a strike.

:gaah:

That's becaise some of our hitters would ahve swung at it ......

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His power very good as a 1st baseman (in fact, all of his offensive numbers are incredible). If he were ever to move there permanently, I'd want him 3rd. I still like him 3rd now, have your best hitter 3rd, but if no one is getting on in front of you, may as well bat him earlier. His skill set fits 2nd or 3rd very well.

I've been thinking about the long term of this team more and more lately, and I really think that the Giants need to move Belt to LF, Posey to first and Susac as the long-term catcher, if they want to maximize their offensive output.

Belt is a plus defender at 1B, so we'd lose a little there. He is fast, not Dee Gordon fast, but he could cover ground in LF. We hashed this around last year when we were begging for ANYONE who could play LF.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he evidently enjoyed his first few months here. Still wondering what has happened. Is he nicked up, and trying to be a trooper through this? Has AT&T gotten into his head? Has BamBam's influence rubbed off? :D When in doubt, blame Bam, Bam.

Or Whiteside.

Whiteside influenced BamBam, thus inducing the cycle. It's always Whiteside's fault.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt is a plus defender at 1B, so we'd lose a little there. He is fast, not Dee Gordon fast, but he could cover ground in LF. We hashed this around last year when we were begging for ANYONE who could play LF.

Yes, but if Posey put in his time there, I would have no doubt he could become a plus defender at 1st. And we've thrown out worse guys in LF, for like, ever.

It's always been talked about, I know.