• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/26..Mets-Nats Double Header

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON -- Here are the lineups for the NY Mets' 1:35 p.m. opener of a day-night doubleheader against the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park.

Eric Young Jr., who left Thursday's game with right knee pain from the Tim Hudson incident on Wed. is tentatively in the lineup, although he still needs to test the injury w/ some pregame running.

i

Eric Young Jr., lf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Marlon Byrd, rf
Ike Davis, 1b
Juan Lagares, cf
Anthony Recker, c
Omar Quintanilla, ss
Jenrry Mejia, rhp

Nationals

Bryce Harper, lf
Steve Lombardozzi, 2b
Ryan Zimmerman, 3b
Adam LaRoche, 1b
Jayson Werth, rf
Ian Desmond, ss
Denard Span, cf
Kurt Suzuki, c
Jordan Zimmermann, rhp

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make or break time for Mejia. I would love for him to pitch well this year, not only because it's another solid arm for us, but it increases his trade value if we choose to go that route.

I really like the Eric Young deal, I think that it has paid off thus far. If we add Ellsbury in the offseason that's a lot of speed in the outfield.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EY Jr. projects Saturday return

WASHINGTON -- Eric Young Jr. said the smart move is to not play Friday, to allow his right knee one more day to heal.

Young was in Terry Collins' original lineup for Game 1 of Friday's doubleheader against the Washington Nationals, but was scratched and replaced by Andrew Brown in left field. Young initially injured the knee on the play at first base in which Tim Hudson fractured his right ankle.

"I started to test it out there a little bit," Young said about his pregame workout Friday for trainers. "Obviously I still was moving fast and capable of playing. At this point in the season, there's no sense in trying to push it today, when we can go ahead and give it one more day and get out there tomorrow."

Young had described the knee as painful Thursday, but reported improvement this morning.

"No more pain," he said. "It felt a lot better today. It's just a matter of if I needed to explode, or score that run from first, could I give it that all-out that I'm capable of doing. With that question mark, there's no sense.

"It just wasn't feeling like my other leg. Like I said, there wasn't any pain. But I don't want to go out there and compensate and maybe hurt something else with the question mark in my head. ... I was able to do all the drills today. Like I said, it just didn't feel like my other leg."

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why risk an injury? We're not contending, there's no reason to force anything here.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make or break time for Mejia. I would love for him to pitch well this year, not only because it's another solid arm for us, but it increases his trade value if we choose to go that route.

I really like the Eric Young deal, I think that it has paid off thus far. If we add Ellsbury in the offseason that's a lot of speed in the outfield.

There will be stiff competition for Ellsbury in the off season. He seems to be a primary effort for the Texas Rangers as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be stiff competition for Ellsbury in the off season. He seems to be a primary effort for the Texas Rangers as well.

They seem to be the two candidates. Boston has all but said they're letting him go, Dodgers and Angels are typically big spenders but are saddled with bad contracts and already have CF, I don't think the Yankees take a run at him but they could surprise. Maybe another contender jumps in (Cubs? Detroit?).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Murphy is having a nice game so far...2 HR's... a 2 run bomb and a solo shot. Mejia looks good mixing his pitches and getting ahead of most hitters. (I never knew he had a change up..and it's a darn good one)
He has 4 K's thru 3 innings...0 BB...5 H (2 infield dribblers)....he's thrown 45 pitches to this point.

Mets lead 3-zip...top 4th.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daniel murphy is much better than i have given him credit for

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's fun fact:

Daniel Murphy's 1st-inning HR was calculated at 445 feet, the longest of his career, and it's the longest one hit by anyone at Nationals Park in 2013 so far...

Wow, that is a bomb and a half. That's Piazza range.