• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 7/18-7/20 @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd switch with ya I really like fishing and such up here.

The bite is a fantastic alternative. I make a glutton at myself at the one down here. Usually 2nd week of August I believe.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino, really? The little fucking things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would include Zunino in a Stanton trade. Send him back to Florida.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit and run and Chavez throws the bat at the ball instead f stepping into the itch. Little things.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino, really? The little fucking things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that brutal first attempt they should have bagged the bunt idea. Fortunately we got to watch him do it again

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that coming. Just a matter of when. Ms didnt look like they were scoring anytime soon

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seagar 0-7 today. Now hitting .199 on the road and .353 on the road. That's a Coors Field Esq split there.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame going all around, but the entire offense has looked feeble for the past 10 games. counting on 1 or 2 players and blaming them by name is silly.

offense is the biggest weakness on the team, and if it isn't addressed this season, it sure as fuck had better be addressed next season.

adding zobrist is not addressing much of anything, and that's the offensive addition that we're hearing most about. now, not any of the other guys like byrd, etc. maybe jack z doesn't think anybody available is worth a big trade for, and if that's the case, i'm fine with waiting another year. zobrist + price is fine because you can trade price next year for something you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say, if we had Price he could have pulled that one out! Wait a minute, oh yeah, we need hitting Jack! LA needed pitching, they went out and got Street. Oakland needed starting pitching, they go out and get Sammy. The Mariners need hitting, and we are linked to Price over any other. :L

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMC had a really horrible game IMO
-overthinking the pitching matchups in the 8th
-Pinch hitting for Jones with Hart
-Trying to bunt with Zunino after he looked lost on the 1st attempt
-Challenging Trout's double when he clearly touched 1st
-Intentionally walking Hamilton when he was 0-6 and looked awful all night

Even after all that though 1 run in 9 innings against a below average bullpen would have done the trick. I dont think 1 hitter is enough here especially since an average hitter is all thats available.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say, if we had Price he could have pulled that one out! Wait a minute, oh yeah, we need hitting Jack! LA needed pitching, they went out and got Street. Oakland needed starting pitching, they go out and get Sammy. The Mariners need hitting, and we are linked to Price over any other. :L

yep.

averaging only a little over 2 runs per game in the last 10 games (though they've still gone 4-6 due only to spectacular pitching), and leading MLB in times shut out this season with 11.

just a waste of a great pitching staff if the offense can't reset to where they were for a couple of weeks there in june.

maybe all of these guys will wake back up at the same time and go on a tear again, who knows? just hard to tell what's real on this team as far as hitting goes. looks like that's what we'll have to hope for since there's such a dearth of offensive talent available via trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I watched some of yesterday's game on TV, and it SEEMS as though the Angels ballpark has relatively few seats in homerun territory. It seems like the amount of empty space in the Angels ballpark is a lot bigger than most other ballparks that I've seen on TV. They must have SOME seats out in homerun territory, I guess, though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys and your hitting garb. Yes we need hitting, but what hitting is out there to make us better? Are we the only team that needs hitting? No, so the price will go up for marginal bats. Stanton is not walking through that door. Nor is any other game changer. If pitching is what is available, then that is what you do. We are holding the last playoff spot with these no good hitters somehow. Since hitting isn't available, at least isn't talked about being available, stop thinking if we had hitters we would be better because that cavalry isn't coming. Why night think if we had another ace instead of Elias or name your 5th starter we would also be better? It is hard to make lemonade with limes.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys and your hitting garb. Yes we need hitting...
yes, end of story. thanks.

believe it or not, I said the exact same thing about what's available out there offensively. i'm not arguing with you about that, or anything else that you said, really:

...looks like that's what we'll have to hope for since there's such a dearth of offensive talent available via trade.

i'm fine with the m's not acquiring any upgrades in offense before the trade deadline, whether it's because there's truly nothing available or z doesn't want to give up what's being asked. if we happen to get excellent pitching before the trade deadline, I certainly won't complain, either.

the odds of a team that gets shut out 10% of the time and that's in the bottom 3 in their league in nearly every offensive category doing anything in the post season are minimal, so i'll be happy if they're even in the conversation at the end of the regular season. it will have been a remarkable achievement given the offensive deficiencies of the team. and if somehow the offense we have wakes up, then great.

as i said before, i'll lose my shit if fixing the massive offensive problems aren't the top priority this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you can't make a batter come here and it sure looks like none of them want to. You can't offer every hitter $240M. They need to really hit the foreign market and have already missed out on 3 stud Cuban hitters. That is where they can buy a guy. All 3 were relatively cheap for today's free agent market so they should have went 20% higher than the highest bidder. They also need to develop (a 7 letter word that seems like a 4 letter word to Mariners brass) hitter who have no choice but to play here for 4-5 years before leaving us. That is where I what I would trade our young pitching for or trade a guy we pick up like Price for.

If Walker is only worth an Upton while throwing in 3 more players for, then getting price for him and then flipping Price for two legit high prospect bats is the way to go. Jack came so close to doing this with Lee, but just took the wrong bat from Texas even though Smoak was somehow listed as Texas's top hitting prospect for average, power, and strike zone discipline before the trade. Hindsight says Chris Davis would have been the hitter to get.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you can't make a batter come here and it sure looks like none of them want to. You can't offer every hitter $240M. They need to really hit the foreign market and have already missed out on 3 stud Cuban hitters. That is where they can buy a guy. All 3 were relatively cheap for today's free agent market so they should have went 20% higher than the highest bidder. They also need to develop (a 7 letter word that seems like a 4 letter word to Mariners brass) hitter who have no choice but to play here for 4-5 years before leaving us. That is where I what I would trade our young pitching for or trade a guy we pick up like Price for.

If Walker is only worth an Upton while throwing in 3 more players for, then getting price for him and then flipping Price for two legit high prospect bats is the way to go. Jack came so close to doing this with Lee, but just took the wrong bat from Texas even though Smoak was somehow listed as Texas's top hitting prospect for average, power, and strike zone discipline before the trade. Hindsight says Chris Davis would have been the hitter to get.

yep, i totally agree.

all i'm saying is that adding pitching will do little to help the m's this year.

to really improve a team, you have to look at what causes you to lose most of the time, and address it the best you can.

in their losses, the m's have scored an average of 2 runs per game (91 runs in 45 losses), far and away the lowest of any other team. adding more pitching is always wonderful, but does virtually nothing to help win the games the m's lose.

the angels realized the reason for most of their losses is their bullpen. so they made a move to improve their bullpen, addressing their greatest need in a trade.

oakland realized the reason for most of their losses (and there weren't many) was starting pitching, so they addressed their greatest need in a trade.

if addressing our greatest need is impossible this season, then fine. we're on common ground there, so thanks for the conversation.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i'm saying is that adding pitching will do little to help the m's this year.

I disagree with that. Would a 'A' hitter help us win more games than an 'A' pitcher? Absolutely. But an 'A' pitcher will also help us win more games. Look at it this way; If Felix was pitching all the games Elias or our #5 SP of the day was pitching, would we have won more games? Of course we would have. So how would a guy like Price or Lester not win us more games even with the same offense? The thing you have to remember about sports is that you can't say Price pitching those same games would lose because we only scored 1 run. It doesn't work that way. If Price was pitching, would we play for another run with small ball knowing he could limit the team to 2 or less runs? Would the other team play the same strategy or feel as comfortable with their swings with Price compared to Elias or a #5? There is always a game within the game and things change with different opportunities within the game. It would never be the exact same except we give up X amount of runs compared to X amount of runs w/o him.

Not sure if I explained that so it makes sense, but nothing is 1 for 1 in sports.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that...

yeah, I know

lol

20% of the m's losses are shutouts.

in more than 50% of their losses, they've scored 2 or fewer runs.

i'm perfectly fine with not being able to convince you that adding more pitching isn't going to do much to help this team win more games.

uncle.