• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/17 All-Star @ Staying Classy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where else to post this but I thought others may find it useful. I stumbled upon Game Notes while clicking on Scores for the next day and it gives any and all statistical minutia about the Giants or any other team.

Try this sequence: Giants.com>Scores>click on the next day>each game will have Probables Preview and Notes>click on Notes>
GiantsPressbox.com
Click on game notes

Or just go here: MLB.com Game Notes

Or this is game notes for Sun 17jul: http://mlb.com/documents/7/9/4/190107794/7.17.16_at_SD_2yh0flxh.pdf

Just a sample:

RARE LOSS: Since 1974, there have 15 occurences
of a walk-off loss via a balk and none of the
instances have been of a Giant balking home the winning run in a walk-off... the last ML team to win a game on a walk-off balk was the Dodgers on June 18, 2015 against the Rangers, as Keone Kela committed the game-winning balk in the bottom of the ninth inning of that game. (STATS, LLC).

BLOWN SAVES: The Giants’ bullpen has blown 18 save opportunities this season, which are the most in the Majors...SF's pen has blown seven of their last 11 save opportunities and posted a 5.23 ERA (25er, 43.0ip) in their last 14 games.

LATE INNING POWER: C Buster Posey's home run in the tenth inning last night marked the 114th homer of his career, but his first in extra innings...Posey entered the game with the fifth-most career home runs among active players who had never hit one after the ninth inning, behind Mike Trout (157), Rickie Weeks (155), Shin-Soo Choo (146) and Bully Butler (144) (Elias).

Sorry if this is already common knowledge.
Who's Bully Butler?

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Bully Butler?
If you click on the link for game notes 17jul it will take you to a pdf that is 8 pages long and you will find syntax and spelling errors but nothing so egregious that you can't figure it out. So to answer your ? I would assume bully was meant to be billy. I'm thinking mlb uses scans and ocrs to compile all that info every day and that a proof reader is unnecessary.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you click on the link for game notes 17jul it will take you to a pdf that is 8 pages long and you will find syntax and spelling errors but nothing so egregious that you can't figure it out. So to answer your ? I would assume bully was meant to be billy. I'm thinking mlb uses scans and ocrs to compile all that info every day and that a proof reader is unnecessary.
Granted, REALLY stupid joke, but a joke, nonetheless...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we need so much bullpen help. Prepare to be sad when we trade Mac, Parker, Adrianza, Beede, and Bickford (at least 2-3 of those)
I still think its ridiculous to trade any of your top prospects for a reliever. Those guys should be reserved for a top notch hitter or a number 1 or 2 starting pitcher. Not a guy that would slot in at your 7th or 8th inning guy. Those relievers are vital, but so is the guy that comes off the bench to put the team over the hump in the 8th inning. Neither are as vital as the guy who starts every day or the pitcher that goes 7 deep.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think its ridiculous to trade any of your top prospects for a reliever. Those guys should be reserved for a top notch hitter or a number 1 or 2 starting pitcher. Not a guy that would slot in at your 7th or 8th inning guy. Those relievers are vital, but so is the guy that comes off the bench to put the team over the hump in the 8th inning. Neither are as vital as the guy who starts every day or the pitcher that goes 7 deep.

I hear you but we may have to deal for a shutdown closer not a 7th inning guy

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, unless that reliever is Andrew Miller.