• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.16 Gas @ Turdinals

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYWW! Another outstanding performance from the pen, the bats doing their thing (home run leaders!), decent start for Webb. BRIB continues...
Shittell, Brebbia, and Leone were not “outstanding.” As a whole, the bully had a WHIP of 1.5. Again, not outstanding.

They got it done. You take it and move on.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all will be happy to know that when I criticized Webb’s fourth inning on twitter last night “he’s crapping all over the mound, etc. etc.” He later liked my tweet.

Dude is a STUD. He replaces Susac as my favorite Giant ever.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all will be happy to know that when I criticized Webb’s fourth inning on twitter last night “he’s crapping all over the mound, etc. etc.” He later liked my tweet.

Did you tell him that you wear depends whenever he starts, in case you crap your pants from his outing?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you tell him that you wear depends whenever he starts, in case you crap your pants from his outing?
No, because I have pampers ready for all games.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you could have told him that its nothing personal, you do that for every starter. And then you could have gone on a rant about the bullpen.
This from mlb.com:

The Giants have the best record in baseball, but the bullpen has been a recurring issue. It’s largely made up of a rotating cast of dynamic young pitchers, and while they’ve performed well of late, there’s an element of chaos that comes with a young bullpen. Overall, the Giants have the fourth-most blown saves in the NL and a 56 percent strand rate, tied with the Phillies for the second-worst in baseball. San Francisco's top two relievers could use some help. Veteran lefty Jake McGee still gives up plenty of hard contact, and it’s tough to be virtually a one-pitch pitcher, even if it’s just for an inning. Then there's submariner Tyler Rogers, who has a sub-2 ERA, but is on pace for about 76 appearances -- and that’s before you account for how the postseason treats elite relievers.

Pretty much what I’ve been saying. The bullpen ain’t outstanding.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
This from mlb.com:

The Giants have the best record in baseball, but the bullpen has been a recurring issue. It’s largely made up of a rotating cast of dynamic young pitchers, and while they’ve performed well of late, there’s an element of chaos that comes with a young bullpen. Overall, the Giants have the fourth-most blown saves in the NL and a 56 percent strand rate, tied with the Phillies for the second-worst in baseball. San Francisco's top two relievers could use some help. Veteran lefty Jake McGee still gives up plenty of hard contact, and it’s tough to be virtually a one-pitch pitcher, even if it’s just for an inning. Then there's submariner Tyler Rogers, who has a sub-2 ERA, but is on pace for about 76 appearances -- and that’s before you account for how the postseason treats elite relievers.

Pretty much what I’ve been saying. The bullpen ain’t outstanding.
It's good. Good enough to win a ring, and that's before FZ makes more moves. The bad pen that generated those blown saves is gone.

I do think we need a better closer than McGee, he and Rogers are perfect as 7th and 8th inning guys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG OMG OMG

He talked to me!

He actually talked to me!

I am never washing this Twitter account.

He is sooooo dreamy.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG OMG OMG

He talked to me!

He actually talked to me!

I am never washing this Twitter account.

He is sooooo dreamy.
Exactly. I love the fact that he can take shit from a goofball fan like me. Dude is humble. Love that.