• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/12 Twinkies @ Harry (7:15 PDT)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umpiacked out of a run, the 3-1 pitch was a ball. Close though

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice, uncomplicated relaxing win. Too little, too late I think but still nice to see Harry do well.

Forto and Soler building trade value.
To me it seems that you have been in a sell mode since June. But, this yeam as constructed was expected to win 90 games. But. That won't happwn. Underperforming players and injuries are to blame. If you left everything ss is ... they again would be projected for 90 wins. Maybe wven more with Cobb and Ray at full strenght. What players do you plan on acquiring that will give us a 90 win projection? This current team would.. Who will you get to replace Chapman at 16M. Who for Soler at 10M. Confortato at 18N is doable. I just do see why you are so willing to tear down a team that will most likely be projected for 90 wins again... certain players yeah. But a wide sell off after only one year ... a year with many injuries ... doesn't seem quite right

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems that you have been in a sell mode since June. But, this yeam as constructed was expected to win 90 games. But. That won't happwn. Underperforming players and injuries are to blame. If you left everything ss is ... they again would be projected for 90 wins. Maybe wven more with Cobb and Ray at full strenght. What players do you plan on acquiring that will give us a 90 win projection? This current team would.. Who will you get to replace Chapman at 16M. Who for Soler at 10M. Confortato at 18N is doable. I just do see why you are so willing to tear down a team that will most likely be projected for 90 wins again... certain players yeah. But a wide sell off after only one year ... a year with many injuries ... doesn't seem quite right
First, I don't remember anyone predicting 90 wins for this team, even before Lee got hurt. That aside, I was all in for the season when it started. Then, we became "the most injured team in baseball." I had misgivings about Chapman (K machine), Snell (uneven year to year, doesn't pitch deep), Soler (DH only, moving to Oracle), and Forto (washed, always hurt) but I was willing to wait and see...they were all on decent contracts. If everyone were healthy we MIGHT be predicted to win 90...maybe.

As far as "who would I acquire?" First, understand that by dealing these four, we clear 63M from next year's budget. Forto gives no 2025 relief as he's a FA so selling him would be capturing what value we can for a rental. Second, Soler is 16M next year not 10M. So now, imagine that we have 63M plus Cobb (10M), Jax (6.5), Slater (4), Ahmed (1) freeing up. Roughly 85M to spend in FA this winter. Notable FAs: Soto, Bellinger, Alonso, Bregman, Giolito, Hoskins, Burnes, Torres, Flaherty, Moncada.

Some of those guys we won't even want to talk to, others won't even want to talk to FZ but the point is that you've got payroll to have the discussion.

Lastly this: in addition to salary relief, we'd get talent back. We'd add that to a pretty good crop of young players. So it isn't about "tearing down" the team; it's more about taking advantage of a uniquely sellers market and clearing space for FAs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise moving up to the two spot today, Yaz hitting 8, LWJ sits. Richardson another pretty good pitcher. Let's see what Bird can do.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two clean for Birdman. DP to end the second inning almost decapitated him.