• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.5 NewAce @ TheguyiwantedoverSnell (12:40p)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on a Reddit post about a month ago. I don't think things have gotten any better since then.

[Baggarly] The strange, strange Jorge Soler RBI stat: He's come to bat with 87 runners on and driven in just 3 of them, including the automatic runner in the 10th tonight (on a 433-foot homer). It wasn't enough in the Giants' 4-3 loss. "I don't know how to explain it," Soler said in Spanish​

Pretty good solo blast today. Maybe send him down to demolish some AAA pitching for a few weeks, just to get a groove going. Up to now what BoMel has been doing hasn't gotten Soler unstuck. It would open up a position for Matos at DH, hard to argue Giants would be any worse off

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of jinxing it, nice to get a win finally...hard to sweep teams even ours LOL

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be pressing. He knows a lot is expected of him
Not a bad day from Soler. A single that got the bases loaded and a bases empty Homer. If Soler continues at the pace he has so far... How much longer would you go with him, In lets say another 35 games and is producing at this same rate would you jettison or 50 games or just ride it out till the last week or so of the year.

P.S. It would look terrible if they did it in the last week(s) and would make everyone wonder why they couldn't see the mess.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the game on fast forward. A few observations:

Hicks was phuking terrible. 10 baserunners and he couldn't get out of the fourth.
FYWW was damn good. The one solo bomb by jelly, but otherwise great 5.1 IP 3 H 1 R 1 BB 6 K
Slater looked ok, not rusty
Ramos was on base SIX times. Incredible. Now hitting .304 w/ .918 OPS
Estrada 3 hits, Chappy 3 BB
Soler...maybe? HR, single and a FC that was scalded.
Wilmer was the hero
Yaz ok, Fitz on base 3x
Casali a zero at the plate but called a good game.

On to Texas:
Webb v. Lorenzen
Wholestaff v. Heaney
Winn v. Eovaldi

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases Loaded. Hmmm Will we get the normal efficiency with bases loaded as opposed to earlier in this game. :brick:
Uh OH Soler with the bases Loaded

OH Well at least the minimum amount of damage. Grounder for out at home still bases loaded. Whew that wasn't terrible at least. OH Soler you never disappoint. LOL :pound:
calling that a "grounder" is a disservice. Ball was SMOKED. Easily could've been a bases clearing double.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad day from Soler. A single that got the bases loaded and a bases empty Homer. If Soler continues at the pace he has so far... How much longer would you go with him, In lets say another 35 games and is producing at this same rate would you jettison or 50 games or just ride it out till the last week or so of the year.

P.S. It would look terrible if they did it in the last week(s) and would make everyone wonder why they couldn't see the mess.
I’d ride it out until the Giants are completely out of it. He is really the only home run threat in the lineup. He’s had years where he hit 47 homers and 36 homers. He’s struggling now but I’m still hopeful

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they should have let Doval pitch the 9th after the debacle on Sunday. A nice low stress situation.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do it.

He is one of the most worthless signings (so far) for a long time. The guy is paid to hit dingers and drive in runs, and he isn't doing either. To be fair, his BABIP is .250, slightly above his current putrid .212 BA. Glad BoMel has confidence in him, I certainly don't.
There was talk about how he can disappear for a whole season and come back strong the next season. Hope at least the latter happens with the Giants because the former certainly seems to be happening.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is astonishing how consistently the SP are crapping the mound. Hicks was ONE PHUKING STRIKE from getting out clean and instead 15 more pitches and a run given up. Almost ensuring he can't go more than five, if he can even do that.

This is just phuking awful and no fun.
To be fair, the ump was HORRENDOUS today.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do it.

He is one of the most worthless signings (so far) for a long time. The guy is paid to hit dingers and drive in runs, and he isn't doing either. To be fair, his BABIP is .250, slightly above his current putrid .212 BA. Glad BoMel has confidence in him, I certainly don't.
But outside of a few balls here and there, I dont get the sense that BABIP is a MAJOR issue for him. He had an early stretch where he was getting BABIPed, but for the most part, he has been Huffing it.

Today’s blast not withstanding, of course.

Last edited: