• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/29 GDT Cincinnati @ SF Hudson River of Dreams

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-15 after beginning June 6-1. Good thing the month is over. 10-16 garbage June swoon.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-15 after beginning June 6-1. Good thing the month is over. 10-16 garbage June swoon.

I'm surprised it was 10-16. It felt like they had a 1-25 record this month.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First EVER 4-game sweep at ATT.

That is surprising, but appropriate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First EVER 4-game sweep at ATT.

That is surprising, but appropriate.

Yeah, I heard that in the post-game, and I was surprised that was true. I would figure a team like Atlanta would have it already. Oh well, they've never won in the playoffs at home. Fitting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard the official announcement, but it is being referenced as fact...

They have officially gone to closer-by-committee.

About time.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants get Homered 4-0....doh Gone fishing

:doh: Giants swept four straight by the Reds as they skip out of town on their own happy flight.

Homer freaking Bailey does it again almost pitching a no-hitter. Giants three lousy hits and shut out.

Hudson great start thrown in the garbage. He pitched pretty damn good.

Reds embarrassed the Giants on our turf. Tired of tipping hat to opposing pitchers. Losing sux.:gaah:

Cards coming to town and they will want to kick some ass. Time to step up .

Dodgers tie it up in the West and are really loose . Seen giving hot foot's and dancing in the dugout.

July is here...firecrackers and beer. Time to recharge the old ticker.

Lincecum tries to back up his terrific no-hitter Tuesday night. Until then....

Gone fishing.

Go Giants !!

:fish2:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard the official announcement, but it is being referenced as fact...

They have officially gone to closer-by-committee.

About time.
How 'bout lead-off by committee too!! Or, at least give someone else like TyCo a chance at it. He can't do any worse. Those 2 CS by Blanco proved crucial in both yesterday's and today's games.

The big question that was posed here a game or two ago (by Cal or GPC I think) was are we gonna be buyers or sellers? I think that looms big as we all know the midseason pick-ups really made a diff in '10+'12. But as it stands now there is no hitting, relief pitching, base running, or and I hate to say it, effective coaching, and a week or two more of this kind of play may cause the FO to start dealing, for next year.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a 5-run inning allowed by Bumgarner, the starters have been solid through this last turn in the rotation. The relievers are definitely a concern now. Good thing is that Pagan and Belt are coming back this week. These upcoming 13 games before the break seem more critical than they were 2-3 weeks ago. At least this is not late September.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it was 10-16. It felt like they had a 1-25 record this month.

It feels worse than 10-16 because they have blown a 9.5-game lead in 3 weeks.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a 5-run inning allowed by Bumgarner, the starters have been solid through this last turn in the rotation. The relievers are definitely a concern now. Good thing is that Pagan and Belt are coming back this week. These upcoming 13 games before the break seem more critical than they were 2-3 weeks ago. At least this is not late September.

Having those guys back will be a big help, but will it get Morse out his RBI/power funk, and/or get Hicks to be occasionally effective like he had been earlier? The offensive disappearance of these two has been a big part of the slide.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not posted in a while, mainly because of family health concerns not having to do with the Giants.....lol.....but I just have to say, wth is Bochy doing running Blanco out there day after day? I get it, he's a vet, but this is getting ridiculous. Thankfully Pagan is back soon, cause I can't watch much more of that dude.......

Go Giants! (Hoping my appearance on the board will swing some mo in our direction!)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not posted in a while, mainly because of family health concerns not having to do with the Giants.....lol.....but I just have to say, wth is Bochy doing running Blanco out there day after day? I get it, he's a vet, but this is getting ridiculous. Thankfully Pagan is back soon, cause I can't watch much more of that dude.......

Go Giants! (Hoping my appearance on the board will swing some mo in our direction!)

WB Bronco.

I knew there was something missing during this streak, now we all know what it was.

This whole thing was your fault.

Thanks for fucking the season for us. We appreciate it.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Blanco being run out there is annoying he hits way too many fly balls for a guy with his speed, but without Pagan who do we have leadoff?

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....someone had to take the fall.

Lots of baseball left.......we got this.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Blanco being run out there is annoying he hits way too many fly balls for a guy with his speed, but without Pagan who do we have leadoff?

We don't have many good options, but here is a sort of our hitters by pitch count per PA:

2014 San Francisco Giants Batting Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com

Ignoring Hicks, Pence is our leader. Plus, he has the speed to steal a few bases. Plus, our best hitter is then getting the most PA's.

Better than having someone batting less than .100 leading off and getting the most PA's.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have many good options, but here is a sort of our hitters by pitch count per PA:

2014 San Francisco Giants Batting Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com

Ignoring Hicks, Pence is our leader. Plus, he has the speed to steal a few bases. Plus, our best hitter is then getting the most PA's.

Better than having someone batting less than .100 leading off and getting the most PA's.

:nod: :agree:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Pence (rf)
Crawford (ss)
Posey (c)
Panda (3b)
Morse (lf)
Duvall (1b)
Blanco/Colvin (cf)
Panik (2b)
Pitcher (p)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: :agree:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Pence (rf)
Crawford (ss)
Posey (c)
Panda (3b)
Morse (lf)
Duvall (1b)
Blanco/Colvin (cf)
Panik (2b)
Pitcher (p)

I hate the idea of putting Pence at leadoff, but it is something different. Putting Blanco there is a complete void, so that should be taken off the table first-thing.

Hell, I would entertain putting Posey at leadoff over Blanco.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I would be shocked if Belt is not back with the big club tonight and Duvall back in Fresno. Belt has been crushing on his rehab.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for fucking the season for us. We appreciate it.

Oh, c'mon. Every long-term Giants fan knows the score. If you followed the Giants in the 60's, 70's, or 80's (or all of the above, like me), you know what just happened. We even have a name for it.