• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/21 JC @ Picaroons

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, Bucs.

This is a game of 27 outs, not 26.

I am glad you are challenging this.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
milkage.

Doyers losing 1-0 in 4th. Roarke v. Kazmir; Tanner looking sharp.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I was looking for Gnats to at least take the series.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB is just special, and thus I never felt right in dogging him. That is why I was completely incapable of actually pulling the lever on his ouster here. Dude just isnt all there.

BoB invaded another board I frequent(ed) and destroyed it; it was very low-key and laid back. Now, he is the *only* poster on the board. The sad thing is that a nice board was brought down. The (slightly) funny thing thing is that he has basically been talking to himself for over 2 months now, and he apparently doesn't realize it. Just about the only posts (besides his) have been 'where did everybody go????" Damn him!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB invaded another board I frequent(ed) and destroyed it; it was very low-key and laid back. Now, he is the *only* poster on the board. The sad thing is that a nice board was brought down. The (slightly) funny thing thing is that he has basically been talking to himself for over 2 months now, and he apparently doesn't realize it. Just about the only posts (besides his) have been 'where did everybody go????" Damn him!
That almost happened here. The GDTS were completely dead because he dominated them. He got put on a timeout for a few days, and the threads EXPLODED. That was when I knew he had to go. I remember having some somber discussions about it with some of you via pm...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a few months back I gave a link to where he got booted from MCC. They all had the very same reaction to him as we did. What makes it uncomfortable is that I'll bet he is fundamentally an OK guy, but he was absolutely tone-deaf to the reactions of others about him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a few months back I gave a link to where he got booted from MCC. They all had the very same reaction to him as we did. What makes it uncomfortable is that I'll bet he is fundamentally an OK guy, but he was absolutely tone-deaf to the reactions of others about him.
I 100% believe that he is a GREAT guy IRL.

I also believe he is probably a 55 yo dude either living with his parents or his sisters family.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was there was a meet up with NN at some point and someone got the bejeezus scared out of them. Was there ever any face to face with BoB?? :)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait he got booted from there?! I remember lurking the first few days of his stay there and there was actually some positive reception (mostly because it's a reactionary board, not a discussion board). I would've liked to see that, though too bad he couldn't find somewhere to last.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait he got booted from there?! I remember lurking the first few days of his stay there and there was actually some positive reception (mostly because it's a reactionary board, not a discussion board). I would've liked to see that, though too bad he couldn't find somewhere to last.
Too bad there couldn't have been a way for him to have been limited to posting only in threads he started and/or putting a daily cap of, say, 20 posts in the forum. Doubt he would have agreed to it, but it would have limited the damage he unintentionally done and allowed him to be part of the community here.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad there couldn't have been a way for him to have been limited to posting only in threads he started and/or putting a daily cap of, say, 20 posts in the forum. Doubt he would have agreed to it, but it would have limited the damage he unintentionally done and allowed him to be part of the community here.

There were some GDT's that he started, and then he was the only one to post in them. Some went on for pages.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some GDT's that he started, and then he was the only one to post in them. Some went on for pages.

That is basically what he's done on the other board. Literally *hundreds* of posts from him, maybe 10 posts or so from others in the past month. Pages of GDT (30 or 40 posts, just him!), a 'Giants Game Recaps' thread where he tells himself all about the game which just ended - the one that he just finished posting 35 messages on the GDT, random rants on the Warriors or 49ers or specific Giants players (like his recent 'Blanco is wasting his bunting ability' thread), etc.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he had zero interest in being part of the community. He just wanted to force his baseball diary on others.