• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/13 Webster @ G's

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more thing....

When judging ballplayers remember this..it's not just the physical side of the game that wears on you..the mental side of the game can be a bitch on your mind and body. These guys have to be ready everyday fine tuning their mind, body and soul. When you fuck with their schedule ..you fuck with everything that goes into being ready to play the game..mentally and on the physical side. Coaches feel it too..and not sleeping in your own bed fucks with you too. Ballplayers are usually all jacked up after games and it's hard to sleep especially on the road.

Later.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gdamnit 7

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob, nobody disagrees with you. But continually bitching about it just makes you a bitch.

Bochy complained about it in the media earlier in the week. Good point, granted, but IMHO, he complained about it too much. Contact the commish' suffice and do what you can to change scheduling rules in the future. But to complain about it multiple times over multiple days?

The more complaining done about it, the more everyone is reminded about it. Bochy should not have made a such a big public issue about it.

And as a fan, we shouldn't complain about it at all. Roll our eyes once on Friday, ok. But to mention it 13 times in the second GDT?

:hurt:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob, nobody disagrees with you. But continually bitching about it just makes you a bitch.

Bochy complained about it in the media earlier in the week. Good point, granted, but IMHO, he complained about it too much. Contact the commish' suffice and do what you can to change scheduling rules in the future. But to complain about it multiple times over multiple days?

The more complaining done about it, the more everyone is reminded about it. Bochy should not have made a such a big public issue about it.

And as a fan, we shouldn't complain about it at all. Roll our eyes once on Friday, ok. But to mention it 13 times in the second GDT?

Say what you want but don't ever call me a bitch ever again I know the game and I know a little about what the fuck is going on.

I love ya brother but don't ever call me a bitch again. Later

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Angel needs to go back into the film room and watch some footage from earlier this year when he was on fire. He looks a little off right now. Needs a tweak or two. I wonder if he is hiding a injury affecting his approach at the plate. I hope he busts out of this mini funk soon.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants 16-16 record at home this year

As Bum might say...That dog won't hunt.

Time to turn it up at home. A .500 record is not acceptable if you want to go to the dance.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres beat L.A. tonight 2-1...some good news:suds::clap:

Giants 2 1/2 games back in the West

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want but don't ever call me a bitch ever again I know the game and I know a little about what the fuck is going on.

I love ya brother but don't ever call me a bitch again. Later

The best way to not get called a bitch is to not constantly bitch about stuff.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants without Pence 4/6-5/15

.233 with RISP

.261/.326/.381

Giants with Pence from 5/16 to 6/2

.358 with RISP

.290/.343/.438

Since June 2 (without Pence in the lineup)

.267 with RISP

.260/.319/.394

Precisely this. The Giants are beat up again: Pence, Blanco, Cain Peavy. Pence is the MVP of the offense it seems (Pagan needs a rest, but can't). The starting pitching can't keep it up (Vogey, probably Lincecum, Hudson)....need Cain and Peavy back to contribute, and they NEED a #2 SP in July. Probably will cost Susac but them's the breaks.

Also, we were never going to win this division, nor were all 8 of our starters going to hit .290+

Let's be real: this is a wild card team. But as good as the other wild card contenders, every bit. And wild card = playoffs, and we all know how we do in the playoffs.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banned of Brothers.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to not get called a bitch is to not constantly bitch about stuff.

It needed to be said. You guys questioned the players not being tired from the flight and it affecting them. If you don't live it..you don't know.Just wanted to set things straight. Shit , I am the most positive person on this board and never complain about much. When i feel strong about something I speak my mind. It's called free speech and speaking your mind.

I made my stance on this important subject. I am done now.

Peace.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never called "you" a bitch. I used the generic "you" in describing a scenario.

If you fit into the scenario, so be it.

As the old saying goes... "Excuses are like assholes. Everyone's got one, and no one wants you shoving their nose in yours."

"The umpire had a horrible zone."

"The shadows were affecting our hitters sight."

"The infield grass was wet."

"We just got off the plane."

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never called "you" a bitch. I used the generic "you" in describing a scenario.

If you fit into the scenario, so be it.

As the old saying goes... "Excuses are like assholes. Everyone's got one, and no one wants you shoving their nose in yours."

"The umpire had a horrible zone."

"The shadows were affecting our hitters sight."

"The infield grass was wet."

"We just got off the plane."

Every thing is cool Cal, I feel strong on the subject of making players fly late into the night across the country just to make a few more bucks or TV ratings. The players health and fair competition should be number 1 in the determination of when games are played on getaway days flying from East to West and West to East. Period.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one question for all of you.

Let's say the Division or Wild card comes down to a game or two and it turns out that this road trip bullshit flight from NY did have a significant affect on the standings and the ability for the Giants to go to the dance? You still think it would'nt matter?

You have to fight for your rights to get this changed. The players union must take a stand and put their foot down on this subject. I am shocked that they have not stood up for the players on this subject. Someone in the players union needs a kick in the ass to get them going on changing this practice.

The Commish also needs to step in and make a stand on this subject. I really want to hear him talk about this subject.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob,

As I stated already. The topic is not the argument. I think it safe to say we all think it was a bunk situation. And it SHOULD be addressed this off season.

But to continue to bitch about it is petty and tiresome. Every team faces unfairness at some point in the season.

Tough shit!