• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6-0

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No positives from the game? Come on, Folston was a huge positive. Not only running the ball, but also catching the ball.

I'm hoping this showing from Folston will wake Kelly up

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping this showing from Folston will wake Kelly up
It won't. Apparently Cam has photos of Kelly in precarious situations. There's no other explanation.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't. Apparently Cam has photos of Kelly in precarious situations. There's no other explanation.

Lol

I was thinking more along the lines of not throwing the ball 50 times a game

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fair enough

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As negative as I was yesterday about the way the team played, I think I can come up with a few positives, although they may not directly come from the game played on our own field.

For the most part healthy going into FSU game: positive, may not be the greatest type of positive to hope for but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Resiliency: Despite these ridiculous turnovers (and the fact that we're not exactly creating many either) we're still in games with chances to win. Now don't get me wrong, 4th and game to Koyack is cutting it about as close as you can, but think of the flipside, we could be 4-2 and nursing the fact that we gave a game or two away.

Folston showing his versatility. Now that's not to say that Kelly is going to make proper use of him and start calling some plays that allow him to be the outlet rather than Golson's legs, but one can hope.

Now, I watched a great deal of that FSU-SU game and while I admit fully that FSU was never really in danger of losing, there were positives for 'Cuse. I know each game is mutually exclusive but by comparison, we handled Syracuse about as well as FSU handled Syracuse. I noticed as well that FSU was not really getting a great deal of pressure on the Cuse QB(s) which could bode well for our beleaguered O-Line.

Of course we have to temper all of that with the brutal fact that our O Line is not very dominant, even against lesser teams. That I think in the end, coupled with Kelly's Offensive gameplan and Golson's penchant for being Santa Claus will eventually trip us up without some seriously drastic improvement from one or all three of those areas. Even if we beat FSU I think we might be over-matched by a MissSt or Ole Miss team presently.

I think Kelly's fully aware of some things, I think he's oblivious to his horrid running approach but as far as the line and Golson, I think he's well aware, but it makes you wonder and scratch your head because if he's aware, it sure doesn't look like he's doing anything to sort of hold-his-hand along, he seems to be just accepting that he's going to be learning the hard way, which might not be making the rest of us happy. If it were me, I'd have benched his ass for a quarter, Zaire couldn't have been any worse for one quarter. But then again, if I were coach, I wouldn't be running that damned read-option play ever anyway, philosophical difference.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite these ridiculous turnovers (and the fact that we're not exactly creating many either) we're still in games with chances to win.

Cole Luke just read this and ran home crying. Three picks I'm two games. Also, Schmidt's hard hit caused a turnover deep in UNC territory. It allowed us to even up the game after spotting 14 pts off turnovers. I think Schmidt's play was mitigated by his lousy tackling all day. I think it's incorrect to say we're not causing enough turnovers. We've actually made some pretty timely ones all year.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure, we've had good timely TO's on the D, I just meant that as a unit that's not known for ball-hawking, it places an even higher emphasis on Golson's miscues. Obviously the D is doing enough that Golson's mistakes aren't taking us right out of the game, but that COULD happen and usually does, which is why I think it should be emphasized. You turn the ball over 4 times, you lose more often than not.

So that is a testament to the D even though they may not have matching takeaways... better? :D

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just remember this is a very young team. They will make mistakes but at least they know how to win.