• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there won't be much LOVE for Lovejoy from Pens fans or the reporters tonight. Then again the defense in general looked like crap.

Boy am I happy Paul Martin chose to take less to go to the Pens because he didn't want to play in the NVMC.:D:

Hey Howson what do you think about that Couturier kid?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well there won't be much LOVE for Lovejoy from Pens fans or the reporters tonight. Then again the defense in general looked like crap.

Boy am I happy Paul Martin chose to take less to go to the Pens because he didn't want to play in the NVMC.:D:

Jeff Carter is by far the front runner for the Conn Smyth this year. Cooter and Voracek ftw

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im definitely feeling a sweep. Flyers are in their heads.

At Consol, for sure, I don't know about in Philly. We have yet to see. The Flyers completely blow in afternoon games, are a better road team than home team, plus they can't start a game strong in any fashion whatsoever, so game three is entirely up for grabs.

No Flyer fan in their right mind is going to call a sweep this early on...lol However, I think we're in good shape as long as we win game three or four.

I'm confident enough in my Flyers to expect that they'll surge back to win game four even if they do somehow manage to lose game three.

At the end of the day, you still have that 7-1 record at Consol and potentially two more games there, fully knowing you can go win either of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As nice as it is to be up 2-0, this series is going to give us all heart failure. The Flyers have been outscored 1-6 in the first period, then have outscored the Pens 11-2 for the remainder of the game. I'd just like to score the first damn goal for once and try to actually build on a lead early instead of always playing catchup.

I still think this could go 6 or 7 games, but obviously everything hinges on game three. It's a must-win for the Pens. The Flyers should win game four regardless.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As nice as it is to be up 2-0, this series is going to give us all heart failure. The Flyers have been outscored 1-6 in the first period, then have outscored the Pens 11-2 for the remainder of the game. I'd just like to score the first damn goal for once and try to actually build on a lead early instead of always playing catchup.

I still think this could go 6 or 7 games, but obviously everything hinges on game three. It's a must-win for the Pens. The Flyers should win game four regardless.

Heart failure? I'm not sure if secretly I know something that other people don't but I've been completely calm so far. Well except when you see a dangerous hit thrown, then I get pissed cause the refs don't seem to have whistles. They like splaying down it seems and they're damn good at doing it. They wear the other team out in the first and then have their way with them. It's kinda like dating a really prude girl, you let them have they're way for a bit and when they lower their guard, BAM! You slip it in :high5:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart failure? I'm not sure if secretly I know something that other people don't but I've been completely calm so far. Well except when you see a dangerous hit thrown, then I get pissed cause the refs don't seem to have whistles. They like splaying down it seems and they're damn good at doing it. They wear the other team out in the first and then have their way with them. It's kinda like dating a really prude girl, you let them have they're way for a bit and when they lower their guard, BAM! You slip it in :high5:

We're going to see exactly how good this team really is tomorrow. Can they keep it up at home and throughout an afternoon game, which they often tend to sleep through? I love this team, but they're not invincible and the Pens have a ton of weapons still, despite their defensive woes.

This is one of those opportunities where we can really put them on life support and I hope we step up to the plate yet again and get it done. Just please don't allow a goal (or three) in the first period for once...lol

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, now, now... Stop ragging on Howson for this. Had Columbus retained that #8 pick, he would have wandered up there and picked some unknown mamas boy Russian center playing in east bumfuckistan and Couturier would have wound up in Boston.

And I think we can all agree that no good would have come of that.

And, if you think about it, it was brilliant. Howson hates the Pens. Most of Columbus hates the Pens. Howson drove an arrow right through their hearts LAST YEAR AT THE DRAFT.

Maybe he's smarter than we think. Big picture kind of thinker.

The whole Nash drama was just to motivate him down the stretch in a meaningless string of games.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Neal skate away from Talbot near the end. I guess Neal figured he could not go off for 1-1 with Talbot, but he looked like a major puss.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Neal skate away from Talbot near the end. I guess Neal figured he could not go off for 1-1 with Talbot, but he looked like a major puss.

What's up buddy?!?!! Maybe the Flyers and Bruins in round 2? Wonder if Jeff makes another road trip to Philly this year. :D

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one been posted yet?

33w1teh.gif

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'm concerned about is our durability later in this series. The Pens were REALLY throwing their weight around yesterday, and while we still won the game, that sort of abuse will wear you down.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, now, now... Stop ragging on Howson for this. Had Columbus retained that #8 pick, he would have wandered up there and picked some unknown mamas boy Russian center playing in east bumfuckistan and Couturier would have wound up in Boston.

And I think we can all agree that no good would have come of that.

And, if you think about it, it was brilliant. Howson hates the Pens. Most of Columbus hates the Pens. Howson drove an arrow right through their hearts LAST YEAR AT THE DRAFT.

Maybe he's smarter than we think. Big picture kind of thinker.

The whole Nash drama was just to motivate him down the stretch in a meaningless string of games.

I give Nash a lot of credit. I know he makes a lot of money & it's his job, but he's handled the entire ordeal with class & had another 30 goal season. Considering the fact he's never really had a top center the numbers he's put up are quite impressive.

It's true we don't know who Columbus would have selected. I know one thing Florida, NYI, Ottawa & Winnipeg better hope the forwards they took pan out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal was a foot away from putting the puck in the net when it was 6-5 just before the Flyers scored on the odd man rush. He laid out to get it and wasn't in any sort of position to help defensively, and I can't blame him for doing that. I'm sure he was on the ice for the empty net goal too, and probably one or both of the shorties. Neal's not supposed to be a shut down guy, he's supposed to score, and he came close a few times.

I understand if you are still pissed off at him, though.

I mean, that's the whole line. I think that the 2 SHG hurt them the most in the +/- stat, but as our top line, that's pathetic.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say that I'm proud of the Consol crowd so far these two games...they've been loud no matter what. That's a unique change.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that was crushing last night. Probably the lowest I've felt as a Pens fan in a long time. I've just never seen the Pens let me down so many times in one game. The Flyers are a great team, but if they're going to score on us, I don't want it to be because we let them slip forwards behind our D or gave up odd-man rushes on the penalty kill.

Solutions? I think Darkstone said it best - the D just needs to start looking around. There are a lot of problems with how our D is playing, going back to the last six or seven regular season games. But it starts with awareness. Too many lost assignments.

Also, we need better work covering Giroux's line. If Couturier can mess with Malkin, surely Staal can start frustratring Giroux. Let's see it.

Game 3 is pretty much Game 7 now. Series rides on it. Pens always play better as underdogs, and that's where they're sitting now. Let's see some desperation.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pens fans, was I missing something last night of was there no Whiteout? Do they not do it every playoff game?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pens fans, was I missing something last night of was there no Whiteout? Do they not do it every playoff game?

The organization has become corporate pigs...ie they don't give them away anymore and it's $15 for a freaking white tshirt. It's salt and pepper look unless you give them away. It's stupid.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization has become corporate pigs...ie they don't give them away anymore and it's $15 for a freaking white tshirt. It's salt and pepper look unless you give them away. It's stupid.

:L Wow. Dont the Pens have one of the richest owners too? Man...

Might as well go all out and get a white jersey :)