• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a team the last time two SH goals occurred in a playoff game.

It will be interesting to find out when was the last time what Brown did tonight has occurred.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, who had the other 2-SHG game today besides Brown?

Or did you mean the Flyers as a team?

Team - Giroux scored twice, had a G and an A, Talbot had the same. Brown apparently had 2 goals single-handed.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-SHG by a team in a playoff game... gotcha.

(sorry, couldn't figure out who else had 2 shorties tonight and was going to say that nhl.com box score had Giroux listed with 1 each of PPG/SHG/5-on-5 -- EDIT: which is still pretty fscking amazing!)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...yeah. The Pens are taking away some of the fun of this series. Honestly. They're not even trying. Malkin absolutely disappeared. Hope that changes. The only solidarity I have in mind right now is this: if they somehow come back and win this, they'll be in the Finals.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...yeah. The Pens are taking away some of the fun of this series. Honestly. They're not even trying. Malkin absolutely disappeared. Hope that changes. The only solidarity I have in mind right now is this: if they somehow come back and win this, they'll be in the Finals.

5 goals and they're not even trying?

would hate to see them trying.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 goals and they're not even trying?

would hate to see them trying.

I think she means in their own end.

If they are trying, they don't know how to try, because I think Paul Martin and Brooks Orpik alone have broken a full playoffs record for being out of position in their own end in only two games...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orpik love fest amongst Pens fans drives me insane. Great, he's physical and hits well. That's valuable. You know what ELSE is valuable? BEING A DEFENSEMEN FIRST. It's amazing how often playing the puck and not the man is the best option. I've had a bone to pick with him all year...I guess we're just really missing Niskanen, because right now not ONE defensemen is playing well. Not one.

And Biz, I was referring to overall effort. They have the talent to score that many goals, but I'd rather them put more effort into playing team D than scoring 5 goals. It's the playoffs, you need D.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin -5
Neal -4
Kunitz -5

Worst 3 on the team. Come on guys.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this game and holy shit, I am not going to live through the end of this series. The Penguins can't hold a lead AT ALL and the Flyers can't stop them from getting a lead, or two, or three. I'm glad my team won, but this was a nail biter up until about 2 minutes to go.

The Pens defense sucks. It just sucks. You can't let a team get two shorthanded goals in one game. You just can't. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Bryzgalov and Fleury both made some incredibly awesome saves. Both also gave up a stinker (multiple in Fleury's case). Bryzgalov looks like he has decided that he will make every incredible save he possibly can (the glove save - and you know which glove save I mean - is probably the save of the playoffs at this point), but some pucks he just can't be bothered to stop. That backhand five hole goal was just... ugh. Fleury was kind enough to respond with the Jagr spin-o-wait-how-did-that-go-in.

The refs weren't as terrible as I'm used to, which was a pleasant surprise. The Kubina penalty would have been a soft call in the PRESEASON, but whatever.

The Pens can flat out hit. I'm amazed nobody got hurt today. Seriously, a bunch of those checks would make the top ten for the season.

Finally... CLAUDE GIROUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin -5
Neal -4
Kunitz -5

Worst 3 on the team. Come on guys.

Neal was a foot away from putting the puck in the net when it was 6-5 just before the Flyers scored on the odd man rush. He laid out to get it and wasn't in any sort of position to help defensively, and I can't blame him for doing that. I'm sure he was on the ice for the empty net goal too, and probably one or both of the shorties. Neal's not supposed to be a shut down guy, he's supposed to score, and he came close a few times.

I understand if you are still pissed off at him, though.