• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crap spewing from the Pittsburgh media today is just embarrassing. I do believe there may be a small teensy bit of truth to it, but for the most part, it just seems like they want more readers than the other guy. A brief summary: "some players" are questioning Sid as captain (wow, never heard this before), Staal is unhappy in his role as a third line C, Letang may be on the block in the offseason, Orpik rumors.

Seriously guys?

how much of that do you think holds any water pix? the crosby one is stupid obviously.. staal i could believe.. letang i doubt, orpik i could definitely see though

i'm just gunna throw this out there, malkin has done his disappearing act again now that crosby is back making waves.. just sayin..

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much of that do you think holds any water pix? the crosby one is stupid obviously.. staal i could believe.. letang i doubt, orpik i could definitely see though

i'm just gunna throw this out there, malkin has done his disappearing act again now that crosby is back making waves.. just sayin..

It's always been an issue that they're never hot at the same time...but honestly, do you really think that either one thinks "Oh, well, if he's got it, we're fine." I certainly don't. In the high water mark of '09 they were both forces in the playoffs. Sid tapered off after the WSH series, but that's the closest we've ever been to seeing both going at the same rate. And I don't believe much of it. The Staal thing is a crock, Staal said so himself today "Furthest thing from my mind". The Letang thing is completely asinine. He's having a rough series, but could be the best Dman in the league in a year or so. The Orpik thing I can see, but I highly doubt any of this has really been thought of by management. That's what's silly. No one in that room or in the organization has thrown in the towel...the fans have, sure, but the team sure hasn't.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is our giveaway for next game:

552905_10100189348401186_10515269_41637774_1434614382_n.jpg

LOVE

And that looks to only be the back of the shirt. SO MANY FRONT SIDE POSSIBILITIES

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always been an issue that they're never hot at the same time...but honestly, do you really think that either one thinks "Oh, well, if he's got it, we're fine." I certainly don't. In the high water mark of '09 they were both forces in the playoffs. Sid tapered off after the WSH series, but that's the closest we've ever been to seeing both going at the same rate. And I don't believe much of it. The Staal thing is a crock, Staal said so himself today "Furthest thing from my mind". The Letang thing is completely asinine. He's having a rough series, but could be the best Dman in the league in a year or so. The Orpik thing I can see, but I highly doubt any of this has really been thought of by management. That's what's silly. No one in that room or in the organization has thrown in the towel...the fans have, sure, but the team sure hasn't.

fair points.. and ya i know what you mean about the fans.. shoulda heard some sharks fans (namely my friend) yesterday after losing to go down 2-1.. she was almost crying over the fact that the season was ending. :tsk:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair points.. and ya i know what you mean about the fans.. shoulda heard some sharks fans (namely my friend) yesterday after losing to go down 2-1.. she was almost crying over the fact that the season was ending. :tsk:

Yeah, my aunt just texted me asking if I was going to watch...I mean, of course I am. It could be the last game of the season. Is it going to suck? Probably...probably.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crap spewing from the Pittsburgh media today is just embarrassing. I do believe there may be a small teensy bit of truth to it, but for the most part, it just seems like they want more readers than the other guy. A brief summary: "some players" are questioning Sid as captain (wow, never heard this before), Staal is unhappy in his role as a third line C, Letang may be on the block in the offseason, Orpik rumors.

Seriously guys?

The "players questioning Sid as captain" I can see. He came back, and after 3 games of highfives and goals the discipline disappeared. I don't see any reason to give the C to anyone else, but there is no doubt the Pens could have used a Gary Roberts or a Billy Gueirin the last couple weeks.

The Staal bit...I can understand frusteration making you voice things that you normally keep inside, but it seems unlikely to me that this is a big deal for the Pens.

Letang on the block is laughable. Orpik? I don't see him as part of the core, but he wasn't part of the problem over the last 2 weeks, so it seems like bunk too.

All my humble opinion.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "players questioning Sid as captain" I can see. He came back, and after 3 games of highfives and goals the discipline disappeared. I don't see any reason to give the C to anyone else, but there is no doubt the Pens could have used a Gary Roberts or a Billy Gueirin the last couple weeks.

The Staal bit...I can understand frusteration making you voice things that you normally keep inside, but it seems unlikely to me that this is a big deal for the Pens.

Letang on the block is laughable. Orpik? I don't see him as part of the core, but he wasn't part of the problem over the last 2 weeks, so it seems like bunk too.

All my humble opinion.

...I think Orpik is part of the problem. He's just as guilty for the poor D lately. Honestly, outside of Martin/Michalek, he's been the worst.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2-1

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad all the level-headed Pens fans in here have admitted that Briere was onsides in game one. This evidence clearly supports the above:

DUhXv.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All my humble opinion.

I don't know why I picked you to quote, but I'll type anyway.

Staal plays very close to second line minutes because he gets PP and PK time, and they try to get him on the ice any time the other team's top line is on the ice. No, they're not all glory minutes, but he would play about the same number and about the same type of minutes anywhere because of his skill set. The only reason I could see him wanting out is if the recent cold spell has the locker room in dismay.

Letang is our most valuable player. I mean that. More valuable than Sid or Geno. Everything starts with him. We need him more than anyone else. He will not be on the block.

Orpik and Martin should both go on the block. Despres is ready. Niskanen fills Martin's role better than Martin, and I think Engelland fills Orpik's role better than Orpik now. (I think both have stepped up as very good defensemen this year.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad all the level-headed Pens fans in here have admitted that Briere was onsides in game one. This evidence clearly supports the above:

DUhXv.jpg

It's so clear and obvious now.

What a good call.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DUhXv.jpg

All of these new geometric shapes are messing with me. First the trapezoid now a hump line. What's next triangles, hexagons, octagons and pentagons?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would really mess with folks? A dodecahedron!

240px-POV-Ray-Dodecahedron.svg.png

Or, even worse, a tesseract!

200px-8-cell-simple.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate the tesseract as the new goal crease !

The goalie would disappear at times when entering the fourth dimension.

That could be wild for the shooters. :D

(I don't think that's how higher dimensions work, but I don't care. This interpretation is convenient for my joke. :p)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goalie would disappear at times when entering the fourth dimension.

That could be wild for the shooters. :D

(I don't think that's how higher dimensions work, but I don't care. This interpretation is convenient for my joke. :p)

Oh, so they are using this series as a trial for the new crease idea then?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh that Briere pick is painful...I don't want to think it'd change the series, but...I think it anyway.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would really mess with folks? A dodecahedron!
LMAO. Docdecahedron was my first thought, too. Nerd minds think alike.

Then you went ahead and trumped me with tesseract. :nerd: