• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 or less bench spots - who you dropping/stashing?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been seeing a few comments regarding Rawls being a drop candidate, figured I'd start a thread to discuss others in similar situations.

Obviously, if you league has large benches, anyone that has a chance at playing this season cuold be considered a good stash candidate, but what if you HAVE to make a choice?

Ryan Mathews
- drop, he's looked inefficient, a couple GL TDs make his line look better than it is. 3 other RBs in house breathing down his neck for touches, and he's frail as they come at RB.
Jeremy Langford - drop, most were sour on him to begin with, looking like another 2nd half RBBC in chicago that makes both backs flex at best, unless Fox runs Howard into that lead back role before Langford gets healthy, just don't see it with Fox, he loves RBBC, practically invented it in Carolina.
Thomas Rawls - drop, CMike looks for real this go round, and who knows when Rawls will be healthy
Adrian Peterson - drop, I wouldn't be holding out hope he comes back for a playoff run in real NFL, let alone fantasy. Hate to say it, but the age/wear and tear might be finally catching up to the Immortal One.
Sammy Watkins - drop, who knows if they don't just shut him/the team down completely and start gearing up for 2017 already. Heard its a good year to have a high draft pick.
Dion Lewis - coming around on him being a stash candidate now that we are half way through his IR, pending how White/Foster look with Brady in the passing RB role for Pats. He's available in almost all of my leagues.
Tyler Lockett - I'm a fan, so I'd stash personally, but not looking good with a banged up Wilson so far this year. Wouldn't drop a producing player in the hopes Lockett carves out that same late season role he had last year.
Mike Floyd/John Brown - again, i'm a fan of Brown, so I'd stash, but Floyd has hit drop material if the bench is short, imo. I don't have time to wait around for a Fitz injury to make Floyd relevant. Johnson, Brown and Brown look to take all the exciting plays while Fitz moves the chains. Cardinals looking like they've been figured out, but we'll see this weekend. TB hung 30+ on the rams in Tampa, so Cards O needs a pick me up for the fringe guys to stay on my roster.
Ravens RBs not named Dixon, Fins RBs not named Foster - could be right around the corner of Forsett/West being made useless, all 3 options in Miami look weak, might have to do with their OL issues, not sure I'd be holding Foster right now either unless there weren't any other options.
Corey Coleman/Dante Moncreif - I wouldn't have dropped Moncrief to begin with, but Luck hasn't been looking good recently. Both of these guys look like nice add/stash players if you have an extra spot. Pryor to Coleman? doesn't get me excited as Pryor to Gordon, but if they connect, it could!

I know some easy choices to be made on some of these guys, but most of them are being held in at least 1 league that I'm in.

feel free to add your borderline players to the thread

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are all drops imo

Josh Gordon
- He ain't coming back this season(though I still can't make myself do it)
Fitzpatrick - I'm sure he wasn't on many rosters, but no need to ever pick this dude up again...EVER.
Treadwell - He hasn't seen but a few snaps. Word is rooks don't get much playing time under Zimmer.
Tyler Boyd - I don't see him making an impact in Cincy this year. LaFell has the #2 locked up, and Eifert is close to coming back. Look at how many targets the backup TE got last Thursday?

This is all I have off the top of my head. Good topic @SmokingMonkey

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned Abdullah I might hold him for another week and see how Washington does, but if I needed the space I'd prolly just drop him. Same with Langford. Seems like tBears were looking for an excuse to hand the job to Howard anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been seeing a few comments regarding Rawls being a drop candidate, figured I'd start a thread to discuss others in similar situations.

Obviously, if you league has large benches, anyone that has a chance at playing this season cuold be considered a good stash candidate, but what if you HAVE to make a choice?

Ryan Mathews
- drop, he's looked inefficient, a couple GL TDs make his line look better than it is. 3 other RBs in house breathing down his neck for touches, and he's frail as they come at RB.
Jeremy Langford - drop, most were sour on him to begin with, looking like another 2nd half RBBC in chicago that makes both backs flex at best, unless Fox runs Howard into that lead back role before Langford gets healthy, just don't see it with Fox, he loves RBBC, practically invented it in Carolina.
Thomas Rawls - drop, CMike looks for real this go round, and who knows when Rawls will be healthy
Adrian Peterson - drop, I wouldn't be holding out hope he comes back for a playoff run in real NFL, let alone fantasy. Hate to say it, but the age/wear and tear might be finally catching up to the Immortal One.
Sammy Watkins - drop, who knows if they don't just shut him/the team down completely and start gearing up for 2017 already. Heard its a good year to have a high draft pick.
Dion Lewis - coming around on him being a stash candidate now that we are half way through his IR, pending how White/Foster look with Brady in the passing RB role for Pats. He's available in almost all of my leagues.
Tyler Lockett - I'm a fan, so I'd stash personally, but not looking good with a banged up Wilson so far this year. Wouldn't drop a producing player in the hopes Lockett carves out that same late season role he had last year.
Mike Floyd/John Brown - again, i'm a fan of Brown, so I'd stash, but Floyd has hit drop material if the bench is short, imo. I don't have time to wait around for a Fitz injury to make Floyd relevant. Johnson, Brown and Brown look to take all the exciting plays while Fitz moves the chains. Cardinals looking like they've been figured out, but we'll see this weekend. TB hung 30+ on the rams in Tampa, so Cards O needs a pick me up for the fringe guys to stay on my roster.
Ravens RBs not named Dixon, Fins RBs not named Foster - could be right around the corner of Forsett/West being made useless, all 3 options in Miami look weak, might have to do with their OL issues, not sure I'd be holding Foster right now either unless there weren't any other options.
Corey Coleman/Dante Moncreif - I wouldn't have dropped Moncrief to begin with, but Luck hasn't been looking good recently. Both of these guys look like nice add/stash players if you have an extra spot. Pryor to Coleman? doesn't get me excited as Pryor to Gordon, but if they connect, it could!

I know some easy choices to be made on some of these guys, but most of them are being held in at least 1 league that I'm in.

feel free to add your borderline players to the thread

Looking at the Barbarians rosters only Watkins and Coleman are not on rosters. :eek:

I still have Floyd and Lockett on my roster, too early to write them off IMO.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Barbarians rosters only Watkins and Coleman are not on rosters. :eek:

I still have Floyd and Lockett on my roster, too early to write them off IMO.
I know I have to drop AP................but never know there might be a miracle cure out there somewhere.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you said. I disagree on Michael Floyd. He was very solid last year after a slow start (due to a hand injury). I did ride him to a couple ships, so I may be a little biased, but I believe in him. I did just drop Tyler Lockett for John brown, though.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is funny how quickly people give up on some players. I mean, I assume most are like me and are constantly doing research over the summer on the upcoming season and then they throw away guys after a game or two. This is about the time in the season (week 3 or 4) where I really look at guys and re-assess the situations and decide who to keep, drop, trade, target, add, or whatever. But I always laugh after week one when someone drops a 3rd or 4th round pick who had a bad game and picks up some flash in the pan who was only playing because someone got injured and put up a TD or 2 against a bad defense or in junk time. Hey, God bless those guys. They make me look good when I scoop those "busts" up and ride them to a 'ship.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just a lot of consistently (so far) producing WRs that I think it would be foolish to avoid picking up, waiting for a guy like Floyd to get fed in a crowded offense, that just may be regressing to the mean this year after a monster 2015.

I think if possible, it is a great luxury to have a swinging bench spot that you can constantly look for players to add/drop and rotate. If you're trying to catch that lightning in the bottle that breaks out for a fluke league leading season, might take a couple wks to find that guy. Or even just a player that has a great stretch against subpar defenses that can't guard that position make for good targets.

Just as it is foolish to drop good players early, it is also foolish to hold players too long, both mistakes can be very costly in fantasy.

This Cardinals offense looks to have a lot rougher 1st half of schedule, so maybe they do all put it together, but there just isn't a lot left after Johnson and Fitz right now. Weeks 12-15 look good before they travel to Seattle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just a lot of consistently (so far) producing WRs that I think it would be foolish to avoid picking up, waiting for a guy like Floyd to get fed in a crowded offense, that just may be regressing to the mean this year after a monster 2015.

I think if possible, it is a great luxury to have a swinging bench spot that you can constantly look for players to add/drop and rotate. If you're trying to catch that lightning in the bottle that breaks out for a fluke league leading season, might take a couple wks to find that guy. Or even just a player that has a great stretch against subpar defenses that can't guard that position make for good targets.

Just as it is foolish to drop good players early, it is also foolish to hold players too long, both mistakes can be very costly in fantasy.

This Cardinals offense looks to have a lot rougher 1st half of schedule, so maybe they do all put it together, but there just isn't a lot left after Johnson and Fitz right now. Weeks 12-15 look good before they travel to Seattle.

Both Cardinals and Seahawks are having offensive problems right now, but I feel both teams will get that straighten out soon enough. I might drop either Floyd or Lockett if I really want someone off the WW, but right now there isn't anyone worth making that move. I'd include Brown in the Floyd/Lockett group as players I'm holding that are on the cut bubble, but not just for any WW pickup.