• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 Ohio St @ Nebraska 6:30pm (CT) ABC

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to talk talent?
2014 recruiting class - 14 of 22 players are not on the team
2015 recruiting class - Adrian Talan (UAB), Matt Snyder, Lavan Alston, & Jalin Barnett all transferred out and 4 star recruit Avery Anderson plays scout team.
2016 recruiting class -Quayshon Alexander (Towsin), Bryan Brokop, Trey Brant (injury), David Engelhaupt, Derrion Grim, Celeb Lightbourn, Patrick O'Brien, Greg Simmons, Transferred
2017 recruiting class - Tyjon Lindsey, Elijah Blades (Never made it to campus), Avery Roberts, Tristan Gebbia, Keyshawn Johnson Jr, Guy Thomas, Willie Hampton, Ben Miles, Andrew Ward, & Deontae Watts (Never made it to campus) all gone like a fart in the wind.

Many transfers due to what ever reason. I doubt there is any single team in the B1G has this many guys that are no longer on their respective team outside Nebraska. What I see is there is a lack of upperclassmen at Nebraska and many of the top recruits are no longer in Lincoln. There are more than a few players that didn't fit right, are hurt, just never showed, Husker coach & scheme changes, and some wasted recruiting on guys that never lived up to expectations.

Nebraska's pipeline is currently a dream of the past. There are many 4 star players on that list above.

Why would any Class of 2014 players be left of the team? Even if they'd red-shirted it's been 5 years.

2014: True freshmen
2015: Red-shirt freshman or Sophomore
2016: Red-shirt Sophomore or Junior
2017: Red-shirt Junior or Senior
2018: Red-shirt Senior
2019: Gone

Any Class of 2015 players would be red-shirt Seniors right now.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking stupid. The only answer here should be to win the west. If winning the west isn't the goal then what the fuck are we even doing here? If winning the west still isn't your goal then go play for Illinois or Rutgers. Until we are mathematically eliminated from winning the west then winning the west should be the fucking goal!!

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking stupid. The only answer here should be to win the west. If winning the west isn't the goal then what the fuck are we even doing here? If winning the west still isn't your goal then go play for Illinois or Rutgers. Until we are mathematically eliminated from winning the west then winning the west should be the fucking goal!!

Hey guys, I know we can still win the west and make it to the B1G Championship game, but aww shucks, let's just settle for 6 wins and a bowl game. GTFOH!! :doh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game unfortunately. I did get updates. What happened to you guys at home? Damn! I guess Day has this team rolling this season. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

DhozjC-W4AEFzp8.jpg

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game unfortunately. I did get updates. What happened to you guys at home? Damn! I guess Day has this team rolling this season. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

I'm hoping the new tOSU D Coordinator gets a head coaching job somewhere this offseason.. :whistle:

almost flawless game plan + almost flawless performance + good luck = blowout

There was a PI call that is hard to swallow and the tipped interception when the tOSU guy was laying down will be hard to swallow as well.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so.. you up for playing tOSU again? :dhd:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us somehow win the West and play Ohio State again. I understand the odds of that happening are not good though.

The best way to improve is to take on the same beast that already kicked the piss out of you once.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us somehow win the West and play Ohio State again. I understand the odds of that happening are not good though.

The best way to improve is to take on the same beast that already kicked the piss out of you once.

I just don't see them getting by Wisconsin. They have potential of laying egg at Purdue, they just don't seem to play well enough to win the road game. Hell, MN will be a struggle.

So, I present this again. If Martinez doesn't improve at any point of next two/three games, does Frost have guts to put in another OB at any point of a game to see if change sparks something?? I'm curious if McCaffrey could do something? Or, I'm I stupid for thinking that AM may not be the horse to ride??

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see them getting by Wisconsin. They have potential of laying egg at Purdue, they just don't seem to play well enough to win the road game. Hell, MN will be a struggle.

So, I present this again. If Martinez doesn't improve at any point of next two/three games, does Frost have guts to put in another OB at any point of a game to see if change sparks something?? I'm curious if McCaffrey could do something? Or, I'm I stupid for thinking that AM may not be the horse to ride??

I doubt you'll see any McCaffrey until the last 4 games of the season. They don't want to burn his red-shirt.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue is not good at the moment due to injuries. I would hope that Nebraska could curb stomp them while they're down. I also would like to think that Nebraska can easily beat Northwestern this week based on what we've seen from them this year. Do that and start building some momentum going into the 2nd half of the season.

But trying to predict how this team will play is impossible. Has been for over a decade.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we ride AM. Call it a sophomore slump and I think we'd be vastly rewarded next year if nothing else. but the OL needs to vastly improve. their lack of progress is troubling. i expected OSU to get some sacks but the pressure AM was facing was horrible. SF defended him a lot in the press conference yesterday. this photo was making it rounds on Twitter yesterday as far as AMs 2nd INT (the ball is still in the frame):

also the WRs need to improve as well. Outside of JD, it just doesn't seem like anyone is getting open, now i don't have access to the full field, but several posters here have made that comment. I'm also not sure why SF doesn't call more quick hitters, those type of plays where AM should get the ball out before a pass rush could even get going, maybe because the WRs can't get off a press coverage? Just seems like that was a staple at UCF, hit those short things and then a guy would bust it for a long gain. TEs have been hugely absent as well. just sad as i was expecting more from them this year.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian will remain the starter. I would bet a lot on this.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should.

For now.

Yes, for now, no question about that. I was just thinking out loud if he continues to struggle, is this a "end of year or next year as well experiment" ?? At some point Huskers need a QB that can put team on their back and make the difference. Yes, I know there are other pieces that need to be there as well, just saying.