• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 Ohio St @ Nebraska 6:30pm (CT) ABC

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing you're using as a coffee table.

363908.jpg

Meh. But still better than H2O

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Rick Ross was here this weekend to make Nebraska look hip and relevant to the recruits in town

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday morning hangover thoughts.

I thought Chinander got schooled
I thought Lamar Jackson had his worst game of the year.
Both our offensive and defensive lines got manhandled.
The gap in talent and speed is alarming.
Something isn’t right with 2AM

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some sunshine and rainbows to be blown up your ass, fellas.

Good news is we can still win the West. This team learns, improves and meets OSU in the B1G championship game again.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this the last time (unless we win the West) that we're overmatched in terms of talent. Hopefully the right buttons will be pushed when it comes to learning from last night.

I really wouldn't mind seeing more of the double wing and I formations. Seemed to be working but I'm sure it had a little to do with OSU not practicing for it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this the last time (unless we win the West) that we're overmatched in terms of talent. Hopefully the right buttons will be pushed when it comes to learning from last night.

I really wouldn't mind seeing more of the double wing and I formations. Seemed to be working but I'm sure it had a little to do with OSU not practicing for it.

True, if one simply goes by recruiting rankings.

However, Nebraska's problems eliminate that advantage.

Not only are they on the same physical (development) level of an average P5 (above average G5 team), there is not one phase of the game where Nebraska excels. Not one. Not in discipline, execution, nothing.

As an example..... Memphis (42-6), UAB (35-3), and La Monroe (30-17) all beat South Alabama as bad or worse than Nebraska (35-21) did.

There is also no home field advantage in Lincoln. The fans can scream at the sun, moon, and clouds all they want, but if the players continue to shoot themselves in the foot it's meaningless.

I'm not privy to the life of a Husker player in Lincoln when they're not in practice or team meetings, but I would suggest that's where the problems begin. As Frost has pointed out numerous times, it's a "culture" and it seems the majority of these players are just going through the motions.
Practice, team meetings, and classes are simply treated as a job no different than how a 20 year old views his job at McDonald's. It's just something they have to do to pay the bills.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday morning hangover thoughts.

I thought Chinander got schooled
I thought Lamar Jackson had his worst game of the year.
Both our offensive and defensive lines got manhandled.
The gap in talent and speed is alarming.
Something isn’t right with 2AM

for one thang is sure --- the Mighty Huskers have lost thar Mighty years ago

and I mean years ago

they just don't care anymore about the win

they have thar devices of communication though

they ---Huskers ---- need a tough motivational edge

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just based off the eye test so far, I would say Wisconsin has more talent than us and probably Iowa too.

Until Nebraska can put together 4 quarters of consistent good football, talent doesn’t matter.

Illinois damn near beat us. That wasn’t because of talent

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bangin' Suzy Rottencrotch and partying >>>>> Asking "Would you like fries with that?"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based off the eye test so far, I would say Wisconsin has more talent than us and probably Iowa too.

Until Nebraska can put together 4 quarters of consistent good football, talent doesn’t matter.

At the very minimum better 'developed' talent anyway. Wisconsin and Iowa players buy into their systems and execute.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald's employees can't get 4 items into a Happy Meal box (burger, fries, apple slices, toy) 70% of the time.

Not being able to get 4 items into a Happy Meal box is not stupidity, it's just not giving a fuck.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And are we all just accepting that Mo Washington isn’t durable or dependable at this point?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And are we all just accepting that Mo Washington isn’t durable or dependable at this point?

Yeah. He's very fragile. I pointed out before he's too skinny.

Not a P5 running back, let alone a Big 10 running back.

Wingback at best.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

Nebraska did get a sack last night. Therefore Big Macs are 'Buy One Get One Free' tomorrow.

The odds of getting "no pickles" on either as requested are about 30%.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

Nebraska did get a sack last night. Therefore Big Macs are 'Buy One Get One Free' tomorrow.

The odds of getting "no pickles" on either as requested are about 30%.

We get it

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just going to say that WI, Iowa and maybe MN have better talent. Is Martinez the only option Huskers have at QB, I just don't like what I see in regards to throwing ability, or lack thereof.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys want to talk talent?
2014 recruiting class - 14 of 22 players are not on the team
2015 recruiting class - Adrian Talan (UAB), Matt Snyder, Lavan Alston, & Jalin Barnett all transferred out and 4 star recruit Avery Anderson plays scout team.
2016 recruiting class -Quayshon Alexander (Towsin), Bryan Brokop, Trey Brant (injury), David Engelhaupt, Derrion Grim, Celeb Lightbourn, Patrick O'Brien, Greg Simmons, Transferred
2017 recruiting class - Tyjon Lindsey, Elijah Blades (Never made it to campus), Avery Roberts, Tristan Gebbia, Keyshawn Johnson Jr, Guy Thomas, Willie Hampton, Ben Miles, Andrew Ward, & Deontae Watts (Never made it to campus) all gone like a fart in the wind.

Many transfers due to what ever reason. I doubt there is any single team in the B1G has this many guys that are no longer on their respective team outside Nebraska. What I see is there is a lack of upperclassmen at Nebraska and many of the top recruits are no longer in Lincoln. There are more than a few players that didn't fit right, are hurt, just never showed, Husker coach & scheme changes, and some wasted recruiting on guys that never lived up to expectations.

Nebraska's pipeline is currently a dream of the past. There are many 4 star players on that list above.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to talk talent?
2014 recruiting class - 14 of 22 players are not on the team
2015 recruiting class - Adrian Talan (UAB), Matt Snyder, Lavan Alston, & Jalin Barnett all transferred out and 4 star recruit Avery Anderson plays scout team.
2016 recruiting class -Quayshon Alexander (Towsin), Bryan Brokop, Trey Brant (injury), David Engelhaupt, Derrion Grim, Celeb Lightbourn, Patrick O'Brien, Greg Simmons, Transferred
2017 recruiting class - Tyjon Lindsey, Elijah Blades (Never made it to campus), Avery Roberts, Tristan Gebbia, Keyshawn Johnson Jr, Guy Thomas, Willie Hampton, Ben Miles, Andrew Ward, & Deontae Watts (Never made it to campus) all gone like a fart in the wind.

Many transfers due to what ever reason. I doubt there is any single team in the B1G has this many guys that are no longer on their respective team outside Nebraska. What I see is there is a lack of upperclassmen at Nebraska and many of the top recruits are no longer in Lincoln. There are more than a few players that didn't fit right, are hurt, just never showed, Husker coach & scheme changes, and some wasted recruiting on guys that never lived up to expectations.

Nebraska's pipeline is currently a dream of the past. There are many 4 star players on that list above.

All of those guys are Mike Riley guys enough said Riley was a piss poor recruiter and so was his staff. Riley was a shit ball coach and a destroyer of a program. They left Frost with nothing absolutely nothing. The mind set was horrible and we still have seen flashes of it this year. Nebraska is year two of Frost. Year two of the SC program I'm sorry but Nebraska's oline and dline will not be like it should be until you see Redshirt SR, JR, and maybe once in awhile a RS Soph playing along the Dline and Oline. The oline is young this year. Hell Cam is playing center for the first time ever. Ohio ST is a better football team then Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn. I will put them at the level Alabama and I believe they will be playing for NC this year. AM looks like he trying to go through all of his reads and thinking way to much. They should have stayed in the I and ran the damn ball like they were, and that fucking INT in the redzone killed us. It was such a lucky fucking play for Ohio ST. If we punch the ball in the endzone I think it becomes a game but I didn't think would we beat them. Frost and his staff needs to get Nebraska to a bowl game this year. More practices to help this young team. Number one goal get to bowl. I think a lot of you are getting to down on this team. Way to much National media hype.