• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Cavs in 6. Pacers are nice story and play team ball, the Cavs seem to have gelled fairly well with the new guys...but the playoffs are different, so it might take a couple of games to get their "sea legs" since a couple of the guys have no playoff experience.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
How could TT possibly/probably not even be in the 10 man rotation?
Can you explain in 100 words or less?
he stopped caring is what it looks like to me. He doesnt even do the things he used to do- let alone trying to improve in his mid twenties. He looks distracted and out of it. Nance Jr. at least does a lot of the things that TT used to do like guard the perimeter, switch, get after the offensive glass like he was a maniac etc.....now TT just acts entitled and doesnt seem like his head is in the game. He doesnt look anything like theguy who averaged a double double in two straight NBA Finals and was maybe the leagues best offensive rebounder and one of the leagues best perimeter defenders over 6'8".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he stopped caring is what it looks like to me. He doesnt even do the things he used to do- let alone trying to improve in his mid twenties. He looks distracted and out of it. Nance Jr. at least does a lot of the things that TT used to do like guard the perimeter, switch, get after the offensive glass like he was a maniac etc.....now TT just acts entitled and doesnt seem like his head is in the game. He doesnt look anything like theguy who averaged a double double in two straight NBA Finals and was maybe the leagues best offensive rebounder and one of the leagues best perimeter defenders over 6'8".

That KardASSian p_ssy has fucked his head all up. It wouldn't surprise me if he now cares more about that stupid reality tv nonsense than his NBA career.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%.
Pretty ironic, isn’t it?
He pretty much turned into your Whiteside prediction, once he got paid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%.
Pretty ironic, isn’t it?
He pretty much turned into your Whiteside prediction, once he got paid.
lol....dude a weeka ago Whiteside was saying he doesnt know if he even wants to stay with the Heat and was getting fined by the team. Cmon now. That and the fact that devoting a 1/4 of a your payroll to a player who cant pass, cant shoot, and is to slow to guard the perimeter is like tying an anchor around your ankle and trying to run a marathon in today's NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....dude a weeka ago Whiteside was saying he doesnt know if he even wants to stay with the Heat and was getting fined by the team. Cmon now. That and the fact that devoting a 1/4 of a your payroll to a player who cant pass, cant shoot, and is to slow to guard the perimeter is like tying an anchor around your ankle and trying to run a marathon in today's NBA.

Apples to oranges.
Different discussion.
Whiteside has remained professional.
I dont blame him for complaining or contemplating change if hes not getting enough minutes.
Stats = bigger contract.

There’s still a place for true centers in the game.
Always will be.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it has already been posted, but I will repost it because it is a freaking awesome stat of greatness.

Lebron hasnt lost a single first round game in 6 years.
21 consecutive wins.

The freaking New York Knicks are the last team to even give him one first round loss. Let that sink in.

48-7 in the first round is better than anyone in history.
And he has never ever lost a first round series like other greats.

The dude is #1A of all time, but haters gonna hate only because of 3-4 versus 6-0 being the sole flimsy argument.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it has already been posted, but I will repost it because it is a freaking awesome stat of greatness.

Lebron hasnt lost a single first round game in 6 years.
21 consecutive wins.

The freaking New York Knicks are the last team to even give him one first round loss. Let that sink in.

48-7 in the first round is better than anyone in history.
And he has never ever lost a first round series like other greats.

The dude is #1A of all time, but haters gonna hate only because of 3-4 versus 6-0 being the sole flimsy argument.
hes a force that we have never seen before and will never see again.

Jordan has the 6-0 etc.......but LeBron has already been to more Finals in his career than Jordan did and LeBron has a ways to go. IF he makes it this year he will have gone to, what? 8 straight Finals? that is fucking absurd. It shouldnt even be possible.

HE has played extra SEASONS because of his playoff load and shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. He is an absolute freak.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples to oranges.
Different discussion.
Whiteside has remained professional.
I dont blame him for complaining or contemplating change if hes not getting enough minutes.
Stats = bigger contract.

There’s still a place for true centers in the game.
Always will be.
whiteside questioned whether he wants to stay with the Heat after complaining about playing time to the media and gets fined by the team---- and you have the audacity to say "he remained professional" ....honest to God I wonder about you. lol.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he makes it this year he will have gone to, what?

If he makes it to the finals this year, you could argue it is the worst roster ever he carried.
If he wins it, he will go up alongside (Akeem 95, Duncan 03, and Dirk 11) for one man team titles.

The 2007 team was weak. They had no chance against the SPURS in their peak.
2007 likely gets the nod....but it is closer than people think.

This team is a 19 win team without him.
Injuries to key players, gutting the roster, coach is too ill to even coach.

IMO, if he somehow wins a title with this roster, he passes Jordan and his HOF teammates/HOF coaches.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiteside questioned whether he wants to stay with the Heat after complaining about playing time to the media and gets fined by the team---- and you have the audacity to say "he remained professional" ....honest to God I wonder about you. lol.

Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside addressed the comments he made Saturday after being relegated to the bench late in the fourth quarter of a loss to the Brooklyn Nets.

"I was just frustrated, man," Whiteside told reporters Monday, per Shandel Richardson of the Sun-Sentinel. "I was frustrated that we lost. I really wanted to get that game ... I could have handled it different. But I got so caught up in wanting to get that win. I get real competitive. I really want to be out there. But I just trust coach’s decision."

Head coach Erik Spoelstra said the team has moved on from the incident, however.

"I talked to him," he said. "We're moving on. It's behind us. You can tell right now by the mood of the gym that's long gone. The only reason we're addressing out of obligation to all of you because it really is a team matter, a family matter. We're focused on getting the next one and securing our spot in this dance."

Whiteside, meanwhile, attributed some of his built-up anger to the fact that he's missed 28 games due to injuries this year.

"It's been frustrating because it’s the most time I’ve ever missed on the Heat," he said. "Last year, I played 70-plus games. The year before that, I played the whole season. This is like the first time, I think, in my NBA career outside of my rookie year that I had knee surgery that I actually missed 20-plus games. That was the frustrating part. But these guys have been playing good basketball."

On top of everything, wasn't his rant initiated by a reporters question?

I'll agree it could have been handled better, but it's no big deal, and FAR from what you guaranteed would happen 2.5 years ago.
As far as remaimimg professional, I was referring to work ethic, desire to win, etc. which you said would diminish once he got paid.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside addressed the comments he made Saturday after being relegated to the bench late in the fourth quarter of a loss to the Brooklyn Nets.

"I was just frustrated, man," Whiteside told reporters Monday, per Shandel Richardson of the Sun-Sentinel. "I was frustrated that we lost. I really wanted to get that game ... I could have handled it different. But I got so caught up in wanting to get that win. I get real competitive. I really want to be out there. But I just trust coach’s decision."

Head coach Erik Spoelstra said the team has moved on from the incident, however.

"I talked to him," he said. "We're moving on. It's behind us. You can tell right now by the mood of the gym that's long gone. The only reason we're addressing out of obligation to all of you because it really is a team matter, a family matter. We're focused on getting the next one and securing our spot in this dance."

Whiteside, meanwhile, attributed some of his built-up anger to the fact that he's missed 28 games due to injuries this year.

"It's been frustrating because it’s the most time I’ve ever missed on the Heat," he said. "Last year, I played 70-plus games. The year before that, I played the whole season. This is like the first time, I think, in my NBA career outside of my rookie year that I had knee surgery that I actually missed 20-plus games. That was the frustrating part. But these guys have been playing good basketball."

On top of everything, wasn't his rant initiated by a reporters question?

I'll agree it could have been handled better, but it's no big deal, and FAR from what you guaranteed would happen 2.5 years ago.
As far as remaimimg professional, I was referring to work ethic, desire to win, etc. which you said would diminish once he got paid.

He should have just given the canned response of "You'll have to ask the coach" or some other generic thing and kept his complaint in house.

But I really don't see a problem with a guy wanting to play and help his team win. Heck, Brooke Lopez squawked a little bit when Luke had him sitting longer than usual during a certain stretch of games during the season.

Whiteside just needs to learn that unless he develops the ability to defend to the 3 point line and against the pick and roll...he's going to be sitting more when teams play small ball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it to the finals this year, you could argue it is the worst roster ever he carried.
If he wins it, he will go up alongside (Akeem 95, Duncan 03, and Dirk 11) for one man team titles.

The 2007 team was weak. They had no chance against the SPURS in their peak.
2007 likely gets the nod....but it is closer than people think.

This team is a 19 win team without him.
Injuries to key players, gutting the roster, coach is too ill to even coach.

IMO, if he somehow wins a title with this roster, he passes Jordan and his HOF teammates/HOF coaches.

Not sure it's true that Hakeem was a 1 man show during the '95 Finals. During that series he had Drexler who averaged 21.5 ppg, 9.5 rebs, 6.8 asts, 1.0 stl. Robert Horry averaged 17.8 ppg, 10.0 rebs, 3.8 asts, 3.0 stls, 2.3 blks. Mario Elie averaged 16.3 ppg, 4.3 rebs, 3.3 asts, 2.0 stls. Sam Cassell averaged 14.3 ppg, 1.8 rebs, 3.0 asts, 1.8 stls.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

A few games may be competitive but I expect the other 3 Cavs wins to be blowouts.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Tristan or Nance is out of the rotation. Seems like Calderon will be a part of the rotation based on Lue comments. Guessing their 10 will be these guys

JR
Lebron
Korver
Hill
Hood
Clarkson
Calderon
Love
Green
Nance

@WiggyRuss? TT out of the series.......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Cavs could be in big trouble vs. the Pacers in this series. Indy has the only player in the league that know's how to get inside LeBron's head & fuck his game all up.

lance-blowin-cutoff-on-the-eye-contact.gif