• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 games left

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ New Orleans

@ San Antonio

@ Dallas

vs. Memphis

@ Sacramento

Absolutely need to beat the Pelicans and Kings and if we can get 1/2 against the Mavs/Spurs that would be huge. That game against Memphis could end up determining it all... Gonna be crazy.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tickets for the Memphis game and might drive to Dallas if I can get the time off. It is imperative that we go AT LEAST 3-2!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it pathetic that the Kings game scares me? Those guys have had Phoenix number lately. So has Memphis. And the Spurs game...probably won't go well.

I'd feel more confident if we had the tiebreaker, but we don't. Fingers crossed.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popabitch might sit most his starters when the Suns come to town considering they already have the top seed locked up. We played the Spurs tight in their place this season and beat them by 21 in Phoenix in February.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 3-2. They lose to the Mavs and Spurs. Hopefully Popovich rests his starters (although I think that the Suns could challenge the Spurs even at full strength). Can't afford to have letdowns against the Pelicans or Kings. They're pretty much done if they lose one of those games.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop will probably make a strategy decision. He'll know he can factor into who they might play in the first round. They might prefer to see Memphis over the Suns since I believe they've pounded Memphis like 4 times this season. The Suns have beat them and while not scaring them, Pop could see them as a bit more of a problem. So maybe he goes out all out in the Suns game?

Parker has a minor injury so he'll likely be limited no matter what.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop will probably make a strategy decision. He'll know he can factor into who they might play in the first round. They might prefer to see Memphis over the Suns since I believe they've pounded Memphis like 4 times this season. The Suns have beat them and while not scaring them, Pop could see them as a bit more of a problem. So maybe he goes out all out in the Suns game?

Parker has a minor injury so he'll likely be limited no matter what.

Of course, Memphis has played San Antonio twice in the previous three postseasons, beating the Spurs in 2011. Do you want to take a chance with that experience? I don't know.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMAT: Each season is different, but that's a pretty good point. I'm also guessing the Spurs won a few when the Grizz weren't at full capacity this year (no Gasol). I hope you're right and that's how Pop sees it. But...he may not even care who he plays and just operate accordingly.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's game is the key to the Suns making the playoffs. If they don't win this game, they will not make the playoffs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should make a game thread. Every time I make one we lose and you guys never believe me...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as pessimistic if they lose this game, but their backs will then be against the wall. They will be tied with Memphis (the 76ers game they have up next they may as well not even have to play) and then there is no room for error against DAL or MEM. But they'd still have the chance to handle their business.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can beat down the Spurs since they are on a back to back. Possibly no Parker either

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat the spurs tomorrow, we practically ensure ourselves a playoff spot. We should be the kings, fingers crossed!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the Spurs is a MUST. They are coming off the second of a back to back and then the next day we play in Dallas in a game that will be tough to win with how much is on the line. Beat SAN, take 1/2 from DAL/MEM and then close out the year beating the Kings in that "trap game" and I think we're in.

fetznjtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many situations spinning through my head right now, this is absolutely insane! For example, (and correct me if I'm wrong on anything), but the Suns definitely get in if they beat Dallas, and then Memphis beats Dallas. (The Suns would finish with AT LEAST 48 wins, which would at least match Dallas, and the Suns would have the tiebreaker.) The nice thing is that given their position, and that Memphis has 4 games left as well, the Suns simply need to match the Grizzlies record to get in. Obviously, I'd prefer they take care of business and win out to guarantee the 7 seed, but we'll just have to see what happens. It sucks that tonight's game isn't on NBATV!!!