• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 biggest fan favorites of all time

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on the radio
Today. Who do you have and in what order.

1) Troy
2) lambert
3)Greene
4) bettis
5) ward

Blount? And many others up there I think it's clearly Troy or Greene number one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing this on the radio
Today. Who do you have and in what order.

1) Troy
2) lambert
3)Greene
4) bettis
5) ward

Blount? And many others up there I think it's clearly Troy or Greene number one.

Always a hard list.

5. Ward
4. Blount
3. Ben
2. Greene
1. Troy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a hard list.

5. Ward
4. Blount
3. Ben
2. Greene
1. Troy
You think Ben is top 3? I think fans
Like him But think He's A Sleaze ball lol. I think they love Troy and all he stands for on and off the field. Does that make sense?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like him But think He's A Sleaze ball lol. I think they love Troy and all he stands for on and off the field. Does that make sense?

I'm thinking more on the field...Cowher did what he did to breathe life back into the Steeler franchise. It wasn't pretty at first, but Ben got them back into the championship business.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about the players as human beings & role models then...

1. Polamalu
2. Greene
3. Bettis
4. Ward
5. Blount

HM: Bleier, Harris & Keisel.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a player I like him. I think he's done plenty to get back in the good graces of the fans over his past off the field incidents, but he's still an enigma. Even if you ignore his past incidents.

Mainly, he fuels drama with his indiscretions during interviews (both directly & indirectly). It's like he just can't help himself sometimes. No matter the subject, he always has a way of saying things a certain way that feeds the media circus. Whether its throwing his teammates under the bus (even if it had merit), or fueling speculation around injuries or locker room friction. I will admit that I was very happy how he handled the AB & Lev situation last offseason. Keeping his face away from the cameras and then taking the high road when the issue was finally pressed. I was worried he would incidentally start throwing barbs at some point.

Again, he's an enigma. His name will always be dragged through the mud, even long after he retires. His entire career has been surrounded by some sort of controversy. The bike accident, partying, r*pe allegations x2, injuries, retirement charades, conflict with Todd Haley, & constant conflict with teammates. He's 1st ballot pedigree, but the cloud hanging over his head will be sure to cause lengthy discussions til the end of time.

One thing that really bothers me is how lots of former teammates have come forth to say that he used to be an utter asshole. I don't agree with it, nor understand why its used so often against Ben. Because players like Emmanuel Sanders (most recent to bring it up) were once viewed as an egotistical player. Ben has a history of rubbing those types of players raw at some point (Holmes, Wallace, Mendenhall, Sanders, AB). And in hindsight we tend to agree that Ben was "in the right" during those situations. That isn't to say that there aren't plenty of former teammates that have shown him support as a great leader. It just bothers me how those that call him the asshole never shy away from it. It's petty. It should be more of an indictment to those players, but instead it shows Ben in a bad light.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a player I like him. I think he's done plenty to get back in the good graces of the fans over his past off the field incidents, but he's still an enigma. Even if you ignore his past incidents.

Mainly, he fuels drama with his indiscretions during interviews (both directly & indirectly). It's like he just can't help himself sometimes. No matter the subject, he always has a way of saying things a certain way that feeds the media circus. Whether its throwing his teammates under the bus (even if it had merit), or fueling speculation around injuries or locker room friction. I will admit that I was very happy how he handled the AB & Lev situation last offseason. Keeping his face away from the cameras and then taking the high road when the issue was finally pressed. I was worried he would incidentally start throwing barbs at some point.

Again, he's an enigma. His name will always be dragged through the mud, even long after he retires. His entire career has been surrounded by some sort of controversy. The bike accident, partying, r*pe allegations x2, injuries, retirement charades, conflict with Todd Haley, & constant conflict with teammates. He's 1st ballot pedigree, but the cloud hanging over his head will be sure to cause lengthy discussions til the end of time.

One thing that really bothers me is how lots of former teammates have come forth to say that he used to be an utter asshole. I don't agree with it, nor understand why its used so often against Ben. Because players like Emmanuel Sanders (most recent to bring it up) were once viewed as an egotistical player. Ben has a history of rubbing those types of players raw at some point (Holmes, Wallace, Mendenhall, Sanders, AB). And in hindsight we tend to agree that Ben was "in the right" during those situations. That isn't to say that there aren't plenty of former teammates that have shown him support as a great leader. It just bothers me how those that call him the asshole never shy away from it. It's petty. It should be more of an indictment to those players, but instead it shows Ben in a bad light.
oh i agree, i guess i just meant in the vein of all encompassing. On and off the field likeness. I 100% agree with every single point you made!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking more on the field...Cowher did what he did to breathe life back into the Steeler franchise. It wasn't pretty at first, but Ben got them back into the championship business.
Agreed. on the field, hard to argue.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. on the field, hard to argue.

All around...he wouldn't be top 5.

Brett was one of my favorites just in general.

Ya know...after thinking about it for a bit more, Heyward is one of my top 5 overall. Local kid, went to HS here, followed his dad's footsteps and has been an upstanding guy the whole way. He's the guy I most want to see get a ring.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All around...he wouldn't be top 5.

Brett was one of my favorites just in general.

Ya know...after thinking about it for a bit more, Heyward is one of my top 5 overall. Local kid, went to HS here, followed his dad's footsteps and has been an upstanding guy the whole way. He's the guy I most want to see get a ring.
its really hard. REALLY hard to decide

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody mentioned Webster?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Webster or Dawson that ended up in a bad way, homeless?...iirc it was Webster but I don't think Dermontti fared too well post career either.
webster was in bad shape IIRC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Webster or Dawson that ended up in a bad way, homeless?...iirc it was Webster but I don't think Dermontti fared too well post career either.
It was Webster. Living in a car for a while.

Dawson... He went massively bankrupt while working as a real estate developer in Kentucky. Last I heard he moved to California, working as a sales executive somewhere. He did have a brief stint with the Steelers & Bengals as an intern in the scouting department & coaching staff, respectively.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I am a Pats fan, but I like the Steelers as a well-run team, and I will root for them if the Pats are not in it.

1. Terry Bradshaw
2. Troy Palamalu
3. Jack Lambert
4. Franco Harris
5. Jerome Bettis

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I am a Pats fan, but I like the Steelers as a well-run team, and I will root for them if the Pats are not in it.

1. Terry Bradshaw
2. Troy Palamalu
3. Jack Lambert
4. Franco Harris
5. Jerome Bettis
Can't tell if your serious or not putting Terry at #1 lol. Trolling?