• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Best, 5 Worst Signings??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE explain how James Johnson doesn't crack your top 8?
If you are factoring in production divided by salary, he prob should be top 4, right with Waiters.
for the same reason Festus Ezeli isnt on my list.

Johnson is a backup on a sub .500 team first of all- he has played well- without a doubt- but hes also on a 1 year deal. Probably signed a 1 year deal on a team he knew he would get ample PT to get his dollars up and go out back in the market--- thats cool. Its a good deal for the Heat. But its a 1 year signing.

Just like I think Mozgov is a whole shitload worse than Ezeli even though he is more useful then Ezeli- because at least Ezeli has a little guaranteed money next year but its over. Mozgov- goes on forever.

Tus- whe

i look at Dion Waiters- 1 year 3M- and hes played better than Johnson. Seth Curry- signed for 2 years 6 million for BOTH YEARS- and hes been much better than Johnson , Courtney lee- pretty solid 2 way player signed up for a decent contract- about 12 million a year for 3 more years. Pau Gasol 1 year 15M- ill take that any day over 1 year 9 million for James Johnson.

so please- its not all about the Heat....obviously Anderson, Gordon, Barnes and Durant are better. Thats at least 8 right there. Waiters- 1 year 3M- for what hes doing? DEF. even though its only 1 year....

Johnson? solid signing- but not better than any of those unless you REALLY wanted to argue Courtney Lee. Ill take the 2 way perimeter player shooting over 40% from 3 that is secured for a few more years though over the PF on a 1 year deal

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think both Mozgof and Deng would be getting more playing time if the team was remotely competitive. Seeing as they're out of contention for anything, their DNP-CD's are of less significance if say they were in a playoff hunt.

Deng, maybe. Mozgov, no. Mozgov is dog doo on a stick. It's why I always thought the contract was absolutely absurd

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the same reason Festus Ezeli isnt on my list.

Johnson is a backup on a sub .500 team first of all- he has played well- without a doubt- but hes also on a 1 year deal. Probably signed a 1 year deal on a team he knew he would get ample PT to get his dollars up and go out back in the market--- thats cool. Its a good deal for the Heat. But its a 1 year signing.

Just like I think Mozgov is a whole shitload worse than Ezeli even though he is more useful then Ezeli- because at least Ezeli has a little guaranteed money next year but its over. Mozgov- goes on forever.

Tus- whe

i look at Dion Waiters- 1 year 3M- and hes played better than Johnson. Seth Curry- signed for 2 years 6 million for BOTH YEARS- and hes been much better than Johnson , Courtney lee- pretty solid 2 way player signed up for a decent contract- about 12 million a year for 3 more years. Pau Gasol 1 year 15M- ill take that any day over 1 year 9 million for James Johnson.

so please- its not all about the Heat....obviously Anderson, Gordon, Barnes and Durant are better. Thats at least 8 right there. Waiters- 1 year 3M- for what hes doing? DEF. even though its only 1 year....

Johnson? solid signing- but not better than any of those unless you REALLY wanted to argue Courtney Lee. Ill take the 2 way perimeter player shooting over 40% from 3 that is secured for a few more years though over the PF on a 1 year deal

Johnson is 4M, not 9M, right?
He doesn't start, but he finishes games, he's a Heat top 5 player.

I'm not going to argue too much, because opinions are just that, but nobody said try to read the future.
The question was best/worst signings as of now.

Also, by your supposed logic, how is Durant on the list?
He's opting out, so he's on a 1 year. Maybe he leaves?

As of today, he may be what sinks the Warriors, not elevates them because theres no way to know if, when, or how healthy his knee is going to be moving forward this season.

Courtney Lee?
Tyler is a far superior all around player.
Please make a case against that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng, maybe. Mozgov, no. Mozgov is dog doo on a stick. It's why I always thought the contract was absolutely absurd

And that's why Jimmy and Mitch are gone, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why Jimmy and Mitch are gone, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise

Blessing won't kick in for awhile.
Don't they both have 4 years?

Also, how does Ingram start, play 26 minutes and score a whopping 0?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First player signed!

Way to go for the home run signing Jim!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He only took 2 shots all game too. He needs to have that confidence to go against physically stronger players and attempt shots more often.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't take a shot until the 4th quarter and even then he only took 2. This is the one thing that concerns me about him. He's had some good games, but overall he's just not aggressive enough. I'm hoping Magic can convince Kobe to work with him some in the off-season and teach him some of that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't take a shot until the 4th quarter and even then he only took 2. This is the one thing that concerns me about him. He's had some good games, but overall he's just not aggressive enough. I'm hoping Magic can convince Kobe to work with him some in the off-season and teach him some of that.

I didnt see the game, just saw boxscore.
Im surpised he only shot twice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ingram-- i dunno....he has had some eye raising moments this year.....i still think he could be a really good player- but its getting harder and harder for me to see him becoming Luol Deng- let alone Paul George or Jimmy Butler

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see the game, just saw boxscore.
Im surpised he only shot twice.

Ingram-- i dunno....he has had some eye raising moments this year.....i still think he could be a really good player- but its getting harder and harder for me to see him becoming Luol Deng- let alone Paul George or Jimmy Butler
Gotta put that on Luke.

He should have drawn something up to get the kid going.

I've noticed Randle disappearing from time to time too.

Ingram is still young and is a stick figure, physically.

So, Hopefully he gains some confidence.