• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 back ups who could start next season

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis, Thomas, and Baker would make sense if Bowen, Merri and Chester are cut . Compton couldn't beat out Polumbus last year that told me something about the guy. I think if we pick up Saffold that would be huge. He can play G or OT. The problem with Gettis is that if we don't run a zone blocking scheme he would be worthless. I think FA will dictate the oline.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... Im not too sure about that as far as the line goes. Our guys are a little lite as compared to others playing their position. But the thing is, guys can always gain weight, what you cant do is turn a mauler into a dancer. I get the feeling these guys will be given a shot to keep their jobs and become more traditional lineman if thats the road we take. I expect we will bring in some competition though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis is a finesse OG. He is not even 300 pounds. I cant see him a fit if we don't use the zone blocking system. Ribeyes looks like more of a fit. Grudens Oline was huge in Cincy. Ribeye could get cut too b/c he is a lazy ass. We have to get Saffold in here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to come to the realization that we are not going to get 4 new OL next year. At best, we might have 2. Chester has to be replaced, he was terrible and his contract is huge. I think that next we have to look at C or RT. Lichtensteiger will be around for another year. He may be moved to C. It probably just depends on who we can get via FA. I know this has been discussed before, but would Incognito be an option? He's a FA, a brawler, and will probably come relatively cheap compared to his ability due to the issues with Martin. I, for one, think we need some nastiness on our line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis is a finesse OG. He is not even 300 pounds. I cant see him a fit if we don't use the zone blocking system. Ribeyes looks like more of a fit. Grudens Oline was huge in Cincy. Ribeye could get cut too b/c he is a lazy ass. We have to get Saffold in here.

one of the best things gettis does is re anchor . so yes he could play in a different scheme

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis needs 20 more pounds on him as does Compton, the rest I could see as contributors with Thomas becoming a starter if only because there is no one else to play the position.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis needs 20 more pounds on him as does Compton, the rest I could see as contributors with Thomas becoming a starter if only because there is no one else to play the position.

thomas might be more then we think . if he used his time wisely , studied and rehabbed well he can be legit .

that being said he might not be that good at all