• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.27 Rodominator @ Communists

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit a kerfuffle before the game. Interesting to see what comes out about that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Pham and Joe.

Probably antisemitism.

Phuk Tommy Pham.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching the game tonight. Not sure when I will be back…

I am sick and tired of this political BS.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching the game tonight. Not sure when I will be back…

I am sick and tired of this political BS.
It makes me wonder, had a manager refused to take the field or sit in the dugout during the national anthem because he was not happy with how some states were creating abortion sanctuary laws, how would that go down with the media? Would he be applauded for his convictions or derided because his view wasn't trendy among those covering his sport?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me wonder, had a manager refused to take the field or sit in the dugout during the national anthem because he was not happy with how some states were creating abortion sanctuary laws, how would that go down with the media? Would he be applauded for his convictions or derided because his view wasn't trendy among those covering his sport?
Do you really wonder that? We both know how that would would go down.

Look, I don’t want to make this a big political discussion. And unfortunately, media coverage is more often than not part of the political discussion now.

My decision to not watch tonight (the game is delayed, isn’t it?) isn’t ONLY because of Kap. Kap is just the straw for me. You all know I have been struggling with the game and the team for a while now. I just need to clear out the muck for a while. I have no idea if “a while” will be 1 game, 1 week, 1 season, or for good. I honestly have no idea.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Communist is an understatement. Traitor is more fitting. I hope he is fired and blackballed from MLB forever.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look, I don’t want to make this a big political discussion. And unfortunately, media coverage is more often than not part of the political discussion now.

My decision to not watch tonight (the game is delayed, isn’t it?) isn’t ONLY because of Kap. Kap is just the straw for me. You all know I have been struggling with the game and the team for a while now. I just need to clear out the muck for a while. I have no idea if “a while” will be 1 game, 1 week, 1 season, or for good. I honestly have no idea.
I have my ideas of what would happen.

Unfortunately, we cannot keep politics completely separate from sports in our discussions, without ignoring a lot of what is going on. I've appreciated the fact that this group has been really good at keeping their political views relatively out of the threads here (but there are a couple who let them out from time to time). If the manager of my favorite team has to make a political statement, then the separation suddenly gets very blurred.

I do know you've been struggling. Some of it I don't get but some I understand. I've pondered checking out of here too in the past offseason but ultimately stuck around. I think I'm a bit addicted to this. If you come back, we'll be excited. If you don't, we (I) will be sad. Either way, I understand (or least think I do) your decision and honor it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Communist is an understatement. Traitor is more fitting. I hope he is fired and blackballed from MLB forever.
I may not like what he is doing but I don't see it as treasonous. That seems to be taking it way too far. My bigger frustration is that these kinds of action are only applauded when they reflect one area of the political spectrum. Everyone else is considered an idiot and will be derided in the media as such.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep me in the loop, Cal. Don't leave me as the only (gulp) mod here. :D

Life is bigger than baseball (usually!).

Praying for you.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my ideas of what would happen.

Unfortunately, we cannot keep politics completely separate from sports in our discussions, without ignoring a lot of what is going on. I've appreciated the fact that this group has been really good at keeping their political views relatively out of the threads here (but there are a couple who let them out from time to time). If the manager of my favorite team has to make a political statement, then the separation suddenly gets very blurred.

I do know you've been struggling. Some of it I don't get but some I understand. I've pondered checking out of here too in the past offseason but ultimately stuck around. I think I'm a bit addicted to this. If you come back, we'll be excited. If you don't, we (I) will be sad. Either way, I understand (or least think I do) your decision and honor it.
I have been a bad boy and brought politics in here from time to time. I try not to, but I am not perfect.

My stepping away is not attached to this board. It is about watching the team tonight. What exactly that entails past tonight, I don’t know. I just know I am not watching (or listening) tonight.

Of course, if I do stop following the Giants, there wouldn’t be much point in frequenting this board. But that would be collateral, not primary.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am facing the fact as I grow older that I am, at heart, a conformist. I don't much like rocking the boat. I honor Kap's decision to do this, but I do not think it will end well, nor will it do much. (Virtue signalling?)

However, I am as sick at heart as anyone (except family members) that we continue to lose lives in this way. How can this keep happening in a "civilized" society?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not like what he is doing but I don't see it as treasonous. That seems to be taking it way too far. My bigger frustration is that these kinds of action are only applauded when they reflect one area of the political spectrum. Everyone else is considered an idiot and will be derided in the media as such.
I am not saying (or even trying to hint at) that Kap doesnt have the right to do what he is playing. He 10p% has the right. And I have a big “fuck you” here in my pocket that I will give to anyone who says he doesn’t have the right (outside of the Giants as he is doing this while on the clock for them).

This is just a straw on an overburdened camel for me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am facing the fact as I grow older that I am, at heart, a conformist. I don't much like rocking the boat. I honor Kap's decision to do this, but I do not think it will end well, nor will it do much. (Virtue signalling?)

However, I am as sick at heart as anyone (except family members) that we continue to lose lives in this way. How can this keep happening in a "civilized" society?
One word.

Otherization.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my basically dead Twitter account, I tweeted to the giants basically what I have been saying here. Said I am not watching tonight, that I don’t how much furthper that will go, and that my feelings are a cumulative effect of the changes to the game and now this blatant politicization.

i have probably less than a dozen total tweets. I have never had more than 2 or 3 reply’s and never more than a couple likes on any of my tweets.

This tweet has 74 likes and 84 responses (almost entirely attacking me, of course).

For me, that is “trending“ territory. But it looks like I batted a hornets nest.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like many people, feel Kap is free to feel as he wants about any situation. But also like many people feel this is not the platform to do so. Many of us watch sports to get away from the day to day political news. I quit watching football for a couple years after Kapernick did his thing. Mostly because the stations promoted it and made the games more about the protests then the games. If Kap continues I will not watch until first pitch knowing it is done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like many people, feel Kap is free to feel as he wants about any situation. But also like many people feel this is not the platform to do so. Many of us watch sports to get away from the day to day political news. I quit watching football for a couple years after Kapernick did his thing. Mostly because the stations promoted it and made the games more about the protests then the games. If Kap continues I will not watch until first pitch knowing it is done.
KNBR is unbearable to listen to with all their Kerr love and assuming that everyone agrees with their views and that anyone who doesn’t agree 100% is an “other” and a “lessor than”. I gave up listening to “talk radio” because at the end of the day it was just aggravating me. I went to pure sports to ease that. But KNBR doesn’t work for that. I gotta find another radio habit now, probably.

I am not a huge podcast fan, but a lot of that is because I am unfamiliar with the medium. Hard to navigate with no map and no idea what a road even looks like.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends upon which side of the culture war you follow.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be plenty of media outlets that rip him. It cuts both ways. MAGAchuds gotta MAGAchud and Woketarians gotta woketarian. They're all fighting a culture war they can't win.