• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/26 GDT Chubbs @ BiggieSmalls

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just haven't been a big fan of Huff. In 13 of his appearances, he has given up a run in seven of them. His WHIP is through the roof, and really if most of the time he will only give us an inning, I'd rather give that job to Kontos

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew we'd be in for a battle against Scrabble, giving up 8 runs to the Chubs? :L
Shit, the guy has 8 QS (really good ones too) and 2 very close to QS.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what Hicks is doing power-wise and with the glove.

But his average is down to .187, and he strikes out over 35% of the time.

As we have been winning, it is not much of a concern, but it is a concern.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately we likely won't see Scutaro again, the Arias experiment failed, Adrianza is MIA.

Wonder what 2B's are on the trade market

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we likely won't see Scutaro again, the Arias experiment failed, Adrianza is MIA.

Wonder what 2B's are on the trade market

Agreed about Moped.

I suppose the power, RBI's and defense make up for the average and strikeouts.

I wonder if we will keep EA the rest of the season, and when it will be time to see Panik, who is hitting .318 with an OBP of .379 at Fresno.

Joe Panik Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is the real deal. Wonder how much the Spanks or Dogs will throw at him. A Rotation of Kershaw, Grienke, Ryui and Samardzija would be downright scary.

Ten teams that could be in on a Jeff Samardzija trade market - CBSSports.com

West Notes: Arenado, Rangers, Giants, Astros, A's

"In the same piece, Olney suggests that the Giants could potentially make sense as a trade partner with the Cubs for pitcher Jeff Samardzija. San Francisco has been aggressive in dealing prospects for veterans in the past, notes Olney, and could add Samardzija with the hoping of eventually extending him (much as they did with Hunter Pence)."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

While I wouldn't mind him on the club, adding him would obviously make 6 starting pitchers. If there is any fire to this smoke, that would mean either one of our SP's would be traded, either for Samardzija, or for someone else, OR they would be serious about moving Timmeh to the bullpen.

I just don't see this happening. But what do I know? They won't even offer me the sandwich-cutting job.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Moped.

I suppose the power, RBI's and defense make up for the average and strikeouts.

I wonder if we will keep EA the rest of the season, and when it will be time to see Panik, who is hitting .318 with an OBP of .379 at Fresno.

Joe Panik Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

I still think we should be able to get something small for EA. Remember Schulam talked to a few scouts and exec who said SF could still trade him.

I think first time we see Panik is for 40-man then he competes for job next year. Seems like FO/Bochy want to give him time

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Notes: Arenado, Rangers, Giants, Astros, A's

"In the same piece, Olney suggests that the Giants could potentially make sense as a trade partner with the Cubs for pitcher Jeff Samardzija. San Francisco has been aggressive in dealing prospects for veterans in the past, notes Olney, and could add Samardzija with the hoping of eventually extending him (much as they did with Hunter Pence)."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

While I wouldn't mind him on the club, adding him would obviously make 6 starting pitchers. If there is any fire to this smoke, that would mean either one of our SP's would be traded, either for Samardzija, or for someone else, OR they would be serious about moving Timmeh to the bullpen.

I just don't see this happening. But what do I know? They won't even offer me the sandwich-cutting job.

Talent wise for what it could do for our rotation I'd love to get Sam but we are talking about giving up.

Crick, Susac, Escobar all together and more for him

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say, it's going pretty good right now, to where when we lose a game it's a genuine shock. :wtf2:

Can't say I mind watching this team right now...

:clap:

:nod:

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you that it should be something monitored, but as long as the average does not start dipping well below the Mendoza line and the OBP remains around 300 then I would take 8 hole production that he is providing. On pace for 20+ HRs and 60 RBI, kinda reminds me of David Bell type numbers, though I do think Bell was more of a .250+ avg guy. As we approach the deadline and September I would think Sabean would look for an upgrade or give Panik some ABs if he continues to play well in Fresno.

The Ks are what is killing Hicks the most. He needs to put the ball in play more. His BABIP is .220.