• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.21 Spider @ Ocean Thieves (3:40pm)

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a sickening choke job in the 9th after all that work by the pitching staff for 8 innings

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Solid start by Spyder

2) Good run support

2a) Only 1-12 with RISP (should have had more runs)

3) Costly error by Luci

4) Terrible job by Jackson/Doval

5) Giants have now allowed 25 of 54 inherited runners to score

6) Soler should NOT be hitting leadoff!!!!!!! 0-4 with a walk and 3 K's. Dude is lost at the plate right now.

7) A 4-run lead in the 9th ought to be safe, yeah? :L

8) These games happen. Get over it. Get 'em tomorrow.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Solid start by Spyder

2) Good run support

2a) Only 1-12 with RISP (should have had more runs)

3) Costly error by Luci

4) Terrible job by Jackson/Doval

5) Giants have now allowed 25 of 54 inherited runners to score

6) Soler should NOT be hitting leadoff!!!!!!! 0-4 with a walk and 3 K's. Dude is lost at the plate right now.

7) A 4-run lead in the 9th ought to be safe, yeah? :L

8) These games happen. Get over it. Get 'em tomorrow.
It is a bit odd to put a slumping slugger in the leadoff spot. Wouldn’t a manager want his best hitters at the top?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit odd to put a slumping slugger in the leadoff spot. Wouldn’t a manager want his best hitters at the top?

The only answer I can think of is that they want to get him going. Leadoff is not an RBI spot usually, so Soler can focus on hitting. Or striking out. Or going 0-fer the game.

I agree with you.

This game was not on the hitters, in spite of their 1-12 with RISP, but on the bullpen. I understand with a 4 run lead not running Doval out there. But Jackson?!? He has been our least reliable pitcher. And yesterday was a day off, so the bully should have been rested.

Bad loss. Can they put it behind them? Remember that awful loss in Cincinnati many moons ago where the Giants had like an 8 run lead and lost the game? One poster confidently stated that you can never come back after such a loss. I believe it was one of the WS years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only answer I can think of is that they want to get him going. Leadoff is not an RBI spot usually, so Soler can focus on hitting. Or striking out. Or going 0-fer the game.

I agree with you.

This game was not on the hitters, in spite of their 1-12 with RISP, but on the bullpen. I understand with a 4 run lead not running Doval out there. But Jackson?!? He has been our least reliable pitcher. And yesterday was a day off, so the bully should have been rested.

Bad loss. Can they put it behind them? Remember that awful loss in Cincinnati many moons ago where the Giants had like an 8 run lead and lost the game? One poster confidently stated that you can never come back after such a loss. I believe it was one of the WS years.
A 4-run lead is precisely why they went with Jackson. That is NOT a high-leverage situation, and he needs to get his feet under him. He clearly shit the mound, but he has enough of a track record that he should be given opportunities to get out of it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4-run lead is precisely why they went with Jackson. That is NOT a high-leverage situation, and he needs to get his feet under him. He clearly shit the mound, but he has enough of a track record that he should be given opportunities to get out of it.
I don't think anyone (that I know of) is calling for Jackson to get removed from the team. He will have plenty of opportunities to get out of it but a 4 run lead late in a game isn't exactly low leverage. A bullpen full of rested relievers shouldn't see the guy struggling the 2nd most (I'm looking at you right now Nick Avila) be called in that situation. Jackson should be the 7th inning guy in a 6 run lead or the 5th inning guy in a blowout of any sort. He's earned that demotion. Of course, Doval has been shaky himself lately, so to play devil's advocate to myself, should he be demoted to another role? Nah, he hasn't been as bad as Jackson.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you.

I remember that poster. Wonder if Brightboat has any thoughts...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone (that I know of) is calling for Jackson to get removed from the team. He will have plenty of opportunities to get out of it but a 4 run lead late in a game isn't exactly low leverage. A bullpen full of rested relievers shouldn't see the guy struggling the 2nd most (I'm looking at you right now Nick Avila) be called in that situation. Jackson should be the 7th inning guy in a 6 run lead or the 5th inning guy in a blowout of any sort. He's earned that demotion. Of course, Doval has been shaky himself lately, so to play devil's advocate to myself, should he be demoted to another role? Nah, he hasn't been as bad as Jackson.
Sure, ideally. But how many of those opportunities arise?

This was a good situation to put him in. Didn't work out. Moving on.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Robot Overlords are coming.
reimagining emilia clarke GIF

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you.

They will. They are playing good ball now. They just fucked up badly in the 9th yesterday. Poor pitching and poor defense.

Last edited:

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that poster. Wonder if Brightboat has any thoughts...
I do but its probably nothing you'd want to hear. You are to busty with your "The sky is falling" whining with every Giants mistake.