• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.11.19 Redlegs @ Weaklinks

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm:

I feel like Holland should be more worried about his 6.75 ERA. Admitting a fake injury is interesting, all teams do it but you don't really let that get out.
The Dodgers seemed to push the limit on rotating the pitching staff through the dl the last few years and I can remember a couple of writers pretty much accusing them of abusing the rules. Maybe all teams do it here and there, when they have a roster crunch but FZ's regime in LA did it a lot more than any other team.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that tweet is no longer there. What did it say?

Wonder why they took it down? Maybe damage control?? (Do the Giants own a portion of KNBR, where the tweet I posted came from?)

It just extended the quote. Said players generally have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. His tone was not as malicious as the quote make it seem. He clearly wasn't happy, but it read as if the world was one fire, but the interview showed more like a guy who's had a bad year and was venting.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers seemed to push the limit on rotating the pitching staff through the dl the last few years and I can remember a couple of writers pretty much accusing them of abusing the rules. Maybe all teams do it here and there, when they have a roster crunch but FZ's regime in LA did it a lot more than any other team.

I don't really have a problem with it, to be honest. 10-day DL trip is one start missed, and a lot of time in between to focus on something you're struggling with, or simply some rest. If you have guys in AAA that can fill in, it seems like a smart move to me.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with it, to be honest. 10-day DL trip is one start missed, and a lot of time in between to focus on something you're struggling with, or simply some rest. If you have guys in AAA that can fill in, it seems like a smart move to me.
I think the problem with it, at least to some, is that its not honest and is abusing a tool that is meant for "legitimate" injuries. However, I haven't read all the rules about the IL to know if it is blatant violation of the rules or just people bucking against unwritten rules.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why they took it down? Maybe damage control?? (Do the Giants own a portion of KNBR, where the tweet I posted came from?)

It just extended the quote. Said players generally have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. His tone was not as malicious as the quote make it seem. He clearly wasn't happy, but it read as if the world was one fire, but the interview showed more like a guy who's had a bad year and was venting.
Who knows? Seems, for those who saw it or know about it, like that wouldn't make the org look any better for removing it.