• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Arizona - Pre Game Thread

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With o-line issues gonna be a long game

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With o-line issues gonna be a long game
Yep. See my post in the game thread. 49er oline ranked last in pass blocking effec per PFF. It is going to be tough. Az is aggressive up front.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we win the game:
Oline needs to play better
Running game get back on track
Kap continue to get better(he has looked good so far)
Secondary has the stop/contain Arizona 3 headed monsters at WR(Fitz, Floyd and Brown.)
Need to get pressure on the QB.
Continue to stop the run.
WR/TE's need to catch the ball. Way too many drops last week.

Like I said before 1 good thing is, I think Arizona is a little over rated right now. They beat a 0-2 saints team who just lost at home to TB and they beat a bad bears team with out Cutler and Jeffery. I do think Arizona is really good I just think they are a little hyped up so far. We have a shot to bring them back down to earth and have a shot to take 1st place.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is a mix of week 1 and week 2. Don't put too much into the steelers game.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is a mix of week 1 and week 2. Don't put too much into the steelers game.

I agree...but that brutal turnaround sure didn't help us in the least...no excuses though, we plain out got our asses handed to us. I want to see more of Armstead on the D line as well...he's young...but a brute and I think he can help free up Bow a bit more than our current situation.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shorter flight and same timezone should make things easier. I feel like we have a better chance winning at Arizona. I didn't feel too good about Pittsburgh. They didn't lose by much to the Patriots. Go Niners!

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our schedule gets increasingly difficult from week 1 to week 4 so I don't see us having a shot in this one. It will be like last week except their D is good so idk if we get 18 points.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with this thread but I been damn right about Luck. So over rated. People want to crown him the next elite and he isn't even close to elite. He is the new Stafford. Good QB but makes too many stupid turnovers to win a championship. There is no more excuses for luck anymore. He has 3 WRs, has a RB and has a good TE.

It was hard to see gore fumble that ball at the goal line.

After all these contracts 49ers got the best one with Kap(not saying he is the best, talking about contract). His contract is a steal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our schedule gets increasingly difficult from week 1 to week 4 so I don't see us having a shot in this one. It will be like last week except their D is good so idk if we get 18 points.
I disagree, Arizona hasn't played anyone. I like our chances. I do think overall 49ers will end up 2-2. So they either beat Arizona or GB. Then they play NY and they should beat them.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with this thread but I been damn right about Luck. So over rated. People want to crown him the next elite and he isn't even close to elite. He is the new Stafford. Good QB but makes too many stupid turnovers to win a championship. There is no more excuses for luck anymore. He has 3 WRs, has a RB and has a good TE.

It was hard to see gore fumble that ball at the goal line.

After all these contracts 49ers got the best one with Kap(not saying he is the best, talking about contract). His contract is a steal.

Staying off topic for now. I don't care much for Luck, but yeah he was a turnover machine last night. If Kaep is forced to pass and scramble from falling behind in points, I hope he doesn't have unLucky turnovers.

Yep, it sucked to see Gore fumble.

Any yeah. Kaep's contract is a deal and a half. I think all QBs demanding top dollar should have performance based contracts. Earn it.

Go Niners!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying off topic for now. I don't care much for Luck, but yeah he was a turnover machine last night. If Kaep is forced to pass and scramble from falling behind in points, I hope he doesn't have unLucky turnovers.

Yep, it sucked to see Gore fumble.

Any yeah. Kaep's contract is a deal and a half. I think all QBs demanding top dollar should have performance based contracts. Earn it.

Go Niners!

Indy's oline isn't playing very well and it has affected Luck. Our oline is ranked last in pass protection. Anyone doesn't think that negatively affects Kap and passing game?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy's oline isn't playing very well and it has affected Luck. Our oline is ranked last in pass protection. Anyone doesn't think that negatively affects Kap and passing game?
It does affect Kap but his numbers are not bad. At least he isn't turning the ball over. Kap is finding ways to run the offense with a bad Oline. I hope we see improvement this week from the oline.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last in pass protection; didn't expect that. I knew the line was bad but not THAT bad. With that stat, I would expect more 3 and outs. Sure the score last weekend looks like a complete blowout. But the few dropped passes may have narrowed the margin. Kaep is doing very well in my opinion. My only gripe about Kaep in the Steelers game is clock management. But not sure if it's really on him or the coaching staff.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last in pass protection; didn't expect that. I knew the line was bad but not THAT bad. With that stat, I would expect more 3 and outs. Sure the score last weekend looks like a complete blowout. But the few dropped passes may have narrowed the margin. Kaep is doing very well in my opinion. My only gripe about Kaep in the Steelers game is clock management. But not sure if it's really on him or the coaching staff.
I think we are just used to seeing poor oline play the past couple of years. Time mgmt could be on Kap. I don't know. But when you look at what went wrong this game, probably low on the list of concerns. Not sure what to do about oline. When Kilgore comes back it could offer a couple of options possibly at Guard. Not sure what should be done at RT. Pears is ranked 63 in OTs out of 70. That's pretty bad. Hard to think he is somehow going to get it later

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are just used to seeing poor oline play the past couple of years. Time mgmt could be on Kap. I don't know. But when you look at what went wrong this game, probably low on the list of concerns. Not sure what to do about oline. When Kilgore comes back it could offer a couple of options possibly at Guard. Not sure what should be done at RT. Pears is ranked 63 in OTs out of 70. That's pretty bad. Hard to think he is somehow going to get it later
This has been my concern about Pears from the start. We had no back up plan. He has no one to fight off. I don't see our 7th rd pick Brown taking the spot any time soon. he isn't ready. Pears is a so so run blocker and ok in pass protection against a non speed rusher. His problem is Speed. We play a lot of teams that have a speed rusher. He will hurt us the rest of the year.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there's not much we can do about the offensive line and their pass protection issues. Like it's as good as it's going to get. Which makes me inclined to say the best offense is a good defense. In my opinion, our defense has a lot of potential. I want to believe that it was just a bad day defensively last Sunday and our defense doesn't suck. I'm hoping they can keep games close and allow the offense to be a run first offense. Meltdown may occur if there's an urgency to keep passing the ball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there's not much we can do about the offensive line and their pass protection issues. Like it's as good as it's going to get. Which makes me inclined to say the best offense is a good defense. In my opinion, our defense has a lot of potential. I want to believe that it was just a bad day defensively last Sunday and our defense doesn't suck. I'm hoping they can keep games close and allow the offense to be a run first offense. Meltdown may occur if there's an urgency to keep passing the ball.
The only think we can counter with is a good running game. If we can run the ball it will help the passing game and pass protection. If we cant run and teams no we have to pass that's when we are in trouble.

The scariest thing is on the downs that teams no we have to pass. Oline has no shot.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you thing our defense will hold up Sunday? We have 3 threatening receivers to defend. Not sure if all 3 are Antonio Brown skill level, but 1 is bad enough.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a question partly off topic partly on topic.... The last two drafts there have been about a dozen CB's that some here wanted to draft... who of those CB's do the draftnicks wish we would have drafted to shore up the CB position?

P.S. What round and which player would the Niners not have drafted.