• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers sign S LeGree to practice squad

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To get inside information on the seagulls and cardinals? We have Grant as backup LB who's a good contributor on ST's. Good to shake things up and take a stab once in awhile.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, this is only a Practice Squader ... probably just bringing him in on a whim to see if he catches on. Shouldn't expect too much out of him at this point.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why? They have a bunch of Safeties. What about a backup Inside Linebacker? Do we even have any of those? I've never heard any one else mentioned in a game except Bowman and Willis.

Plenty of ILBs with Larry Grant, Tavares Gooden, and Blake Castanzo. We're thin at OLB.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a S who's a ballhawk, of which we need all we can get, as well as a hard hitter, at least from this video. Whether it'll translate to the pro level remains to be seen, but he seems to have good character and work ethic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsdNFcQ9aw

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've never heard of Taveres Gooden and have only heard Grant's and Costanzo's names on special teams plays.

Grant is the first one off the bench. He started quite a few games for STL over the past few seasons and is a solid player, though obviously he'd be a pretty big step down from either of our current starters. Gooden started 12 games for Baltimore in 2009. They're both capable guys who could step in and play well. Might even challenge for a starting spot on some teams.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant is the first one off the bench. He started quite a few games for STL over the past few seasons and is a solid player, though obviously he'd be a pretty big step down from either of our current starters. Gooden started 12 games for Baltimore in 2009. They're both capable guys who could step in and play well. Might even challenge for a starting spot on some teams.

That's good to hear. ILB was one of the positions I thought we were very thin at as well as QB and Wide Receiver.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is they are seeing what value he may have for special teams seeing how we especially deep at safety. Or maybe he's a backup possibility for Williams if he walks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could fill a library with what that one "hasn't heard of."