• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:49ers sign OC Greg Roman to 2-year extension

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers sign OC Greg Roman to 2-year extension

49ers signed OC Greg Roman to a two-year contract extension through 2015.

It's well deserved for one of the league's most creative offensive minds, but shouldn't prevent him from bolting for a head-coaching job next offseason. Roman might already be a head man if not for the 49ers' Super Bowl run. Although coach Jim Harbaugh deserves a ton of the credit for San Francisco's ever-evolving, visionary offense, it's Roman who keeps the trains running on time.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jun 19 - 2:05 PM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which coach was it that took on either an OC or DC position, where they were paid like 5 mil per as a top assistant in order to convince them to stay with the team and not pursue HC jobs. I want to say either the Redskins or Cowboys may have been the team...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those teams. Anywho, if the pay is large enough to convince Roman to stay or bolt for a HC gig that would pay him Jim Harbuagh money, then we did a big thing here.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which coach was it that took on either an OC or DC position, where they were paid like 5 mil per as a top assistant in order to convince them to stay with the team and not pursue HC jobs. I want to say either the Redskins or Cowboys may have been the team...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those teams. Anywho, if the pay is large enough to convince Roman to stay or bolt for a HC gig that would pay him Jim Harbuagh money, then we did a big thing here.

Jason Garrett. At one time he was the hottest name in football...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately it won't matter as he'll still depart the 49ers, probably next year, as he has said his ultimate personal goal is to become a head coach - college or pro. This just covers his bases through 2015 if more teams decide to pass up on him OR the right school or franchise's head coaching position doesn't become available to him in the future.

The deal was expected by many for a while because Roman was reportedly not very high up the list of highest paid offensive coordinators in the NFL. I don't know where this puts him but I would guess that some may still be surprised at how low he MAY be on that list if we were able to see it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with Chris in that he probably won't see the end of the contract before he's a head coach.

It probably gives him incentive to not just take any head coaching job that pops up and will give him cause to be a little more selective though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the biggest question this raises (and I'm surprised someone hasn't asked this yet) is how does Roman's contract extension affect Lebron's Legacy?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the biggest question this raises (and I'm surprised someone hasn't asked this yet) is how does Roman's contract extension affect Lebron's Legacy?

I was actually wondering what the extension means for Tebow

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screw his legacy. Roman eats pieces of shit like LeBron for breakfast.